Schedule      Roster     

Photo

The " __________ Killed My Fantasy Team This Year" Thread!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

Very simple.....discuss some prominent names that failed to deliver for your team this year! And may this be a lesson to us all next year lol. You just never know.

I will start out by saying Colin Kaepernick singlehandedly killed one of my two teams. And I had Vernon Davis and Frank Gore when the 49ers offense was struggling! Ravens defense and Ray Rice hurt me and Cameron the TE from the Browns disappeared in crunch time! Share and beware :-)
<p>Posted Image
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

IT IS A CRIME RAY LEWIS HAS NOT BEEN BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

#2 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

The entire Chiefs team, most notably Alex Smith. Served me well all season, put me into the playoffs, then failed me, causing me not to make the Championship game.

Therefore, if we don't make the playoffs, I cannot in good faith root for the Chiefs lol

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#3 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

How about the whole Ravens team was a huge waste of a draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

I just met normally mediocre teams that got hot in the playoffs.

Edited by flaccopoe, 28 December 2013 - 01:37 PM.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THE MODS!!!

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

#5 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,532 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

How about the whole Ravens team was a huge waste of a draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta check team loyalty at the door in fantasy. That's something a lot of people around here don't understand though.

#6 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I didn't even draft my teams this year, but Doug Martin, Hakeem Nicks, and Steven Jackson (I would normally stay away from the latter two) killed me

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#7 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

I had the seahawks defense which served me well but once aaron Rodgers got hurt I picked up Joe the only other choice was Palmer   yeah I picked joe .  there aren't enough words to explain how dumb I was

#8 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

I had the seahawks defense which served me well but once aaron Rodgers got hurt I picked up Joe the only other choice was Palmer yeah I picked joe . there aren't enough words to explain how dumb I was

Lol I actually had to get Palmer myself a few weeks before the end of the season. And I foolishly dropped Foles after his concussion and loss to the cowboys.....suddenly he's at 19 TDs zero picks!!! What the heck? lol. Eli was useless all season too. He burned me a few times before I dropped him.
<p>Posted Image
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

IT IS A CRIME RAY LEWIS HAS NOT BEEN BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

#9 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,268 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I had CJ Spiller in 3 leagues. You can imagine how that went.

@gabefergy

#10 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Lol I actually had to get Palmer myself a few weeks before the end of the season. And I foolishly dropped Foles after his concussion and loss to the cowboys.....suddenly he's at 19 TDs zero picks!!! What the heck? lol. Eli was useless all season too. He burned me a few times before I dropped him.

my husband picked foles and I have not heard the end of it .....

#11 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

I had a beast of a team

Foles

Gordon

Andre Johnson

Shady Mccoy etc....

Eddy Lacy

and then I went against Jamal Charles when he dropped 5 tds

#12 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

I had him in two, if it makes you feel any better. Along with Lamar Miller in one of the others. Thank goodness for your boy Zac Stacy.

Posted Image

#13 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Imagine C.J. Spiller, Robert Griffin III, Lamar Miller, Jermichael Finley, Montee Ball, Kenny Britt and Percy Harvin all under one roof.

Posted Image

#14 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

The entire Chiefs team, most notably Alex Smith. Served me well all season, put me into the playoffs, then failed me, causing me not to make the Championship game.

Therefore, if we don't make the playoffs, I cannot in good faith root for the Chiefs lol

Ouch, I got in a similar situation because Alex Smith laid an egg in our championship game.  The sad part was if I had started Joe Flacco over him, I would have won instead of taking second!

Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#15 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,268 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Imagine C.J. Spiller, Robert Griffin III, Lamar Miller, Jermichael Finley, Montee Ball, Kenny Britt and Percy Harvin all under one roof.

Sounds like my Spiller, Martin, Miller, MJD, Amendola, Cobb, and Daryl Richardson team.

@gabefergy

#16 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,532 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm blaming Arian Foster's injury and Gronk's injury in relation to how it lowered Tom Brady's production for my loss in the championship.

#17 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Sounds like my Spiller, Martin, Miller, MJD, Amendola, Cobb, and Daryl Richardson team.

Oh, Jesus. I'm assuming it went Martin, Spiller and Jones-Drew in the first three rounds? If so, that's a very tough scenario. The injury bug obliterated that group. In hindsight, I would've drafted almost all of them myself. How did that team fare? Were you able to snag any solid FAs?

Posted Image

#18 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,268 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Oh, Jesus. I'm assuming it went Martin, Spiller and Jones-Drew in the first three rounds? If so, that's a very tough scenario. The injury bug obliterated that group. In hindsight, I would've drafted almost all of them myself. How did that team fare? Were you able to snag any solid FAs?

It was a keeper league so I went in with Spiller and Martin. Then took MJD in the first round.

I really struggled ending up with 5 wins, although I did finish the season strong in the consolation bracket lol.

I picked up Ellington, Rivers, and Vereen later on, but I just wasn't able to compete. My only consistent player was Garcon.

@gabefergy

#19 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

It was a keeper league so I went in with Spiller and Martin. Then took MJD in the first round.

I really struggled ending up with 5 wins, although I did finish the season strong in the consolation bracket lol.

I picked up Ellington, Rivers, and Vereen later on, but I just wasn't able to compete. My only consistent player was Garcon.

Ooh. I see. I've never been in a keeper league before. The struggles are completely understandable. With the amount of games your players missed, I'm surprised that you were able to muster up even the handful of wins. I was fortunate with the available players on the waiver wire. Picking up Philip Rivers, Zac Stacy, Le'Veon Bell, Jordan Reed and Andre Brown in PPR format saved my season, even though I was bounced out of the first round after finishing 2nd coming into the Playoffs. Solid pick ups on your part.

Posted Image

#20 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

I had multiple teams with Ridley.  Nice to see Bill Belichick is back to his usual can't start a Pats running back in fantasy ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users