Dfence4champs2052

The " __________ Killed My Fantasy Team This Year" Thread!

34 posts in this topic

Very simple.....discuss some prominent names that failed to deliver for your team this year! And may this be a lesson to us all next year lol. You just never know.

I will start out by saying Colin Kaepernick singlehandedly killed one of my two teams. And I had Vernon Davis and Frank Gore when the 49ers offense was struggling! Ravens defense and Ray Rice hurt me and Cameron the TE from the Browns disappeared in crunch time! Share and beware :-)

The entire Chiefs team, most notably Alex Smith. Served me well all season, put me into the playoffs, then failed me, causing me not to make the Championship game.

Therefore, if we don't make the playoffs, I cannot in good faith root for the Chiefs lol

I just met normally mediocre teams that got hot in the playoffs.

Edited by flaccopoe

How about the whole Ravens team was a huge waste of a draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta check team loyalty at the door in fantasy. That's something a lot of people around here don't understand though.

I didn't even draft my teams this year, but Doug Martin, Hakeem Nicks, and Steven Jackson (I would normally stay away from the latter two) killed me

I had the seahawks defense which served me well but once aaron Rodgers got hurt I picked up Joe the only other choice was Palmer   yeah I picked joe .  there aren't enough words to explain how dumb I was

I had the seahawks defense which served me well but once aaron Rodgers got hurt I picked up Joe the only other choice was Palmer yeah I picked joe . there aren't enough words to explain how dumb I was

Lol I actually had to get Palmer myself a few weeks before the end of the season. And I foolishly dropped Foles after his concussion and loss to the cowboys.....suddenly he's at 19 TDs zero picks!!! What the heck? lol. Eli was useless all season too. He burned me a few times before I dropped him.

Lol I actually had to get Palmer myself a few weeks before the end of the season. And I foolishly dropped Foles after his concussion and loss to the cowboys.....suddenly he's at 19 TDs zero picks!!! What the heck? lol. Eli was useless all season too. He burned me a few times before I dropped him.

my husband picked foles and I have not heard the end of it .....

I had CJ Spiller in 3 leagues. You can imagine how that went.

I had a beast of a team

Foles

Gordon

Andre Johnson

Shady Mccoy etc....

Eddy Lacy

and then I went against Jamal Charles when he dropped 5 tds

I had CJ Spiller in 3 leagues. You can imagine how that went.

I had him in two, if it makes you feel any better. Along with Lamar Miller in one of the others. Thank goodness for your boy Zac Stacy.

Imagine C.J. Spiller, Robert Griffin III, Lamar Miller, Jermichael Finley, Montee Ball, Kenny Britt and Percy Harvin all under one roof.

The entire Chiefs team, most notably Alex Smith. Served me well all season, put me into the playoffs, then failed me, causing me not to make the Championship game.

Therefore, if we don't make the playoffs, I cannot in good faith root for the Chiefs lol

Ouch, I got in a similar situation because Alex Smith laid an egg in our championship game.  The sad part was if I had started Joe Flacco over him, I would have won instead of taking second!

Imagine C.J. Spiller, Robert Griffin III, Lamar Miller, Jermichael Finley, Montee Ball, Kenny Britt and Percy Harvin all under one roof.

Sounds like my Spiller, Martin, Miller, MJD, Amendola, Cobb, and Daryl Richardson team.

I'm blaming Arian Foster's injury and Gronk's injury in relation to how it lowered Tom Brady's production for my loss in the championship.

Sounds like my Spiller, Martin, Miller, MJD, Amendola, Cobb, and Daryl Richardson team.

Oh, Jesus. I'm assuming it went Martin, Spiller and Jones-Drew in the first three rounds? If so, that's a very tough scenario. The injury bug obliterated that group. In hindsight, I would've drafted almost all of them myself. How did that team fare? Were you able to snag any solid FAs?

Oh, Jesus. I'm assuming it went Martin, Spiller and Jones-Drew in the first three rounds? If so, that's a very tough scenario. The injury bug obliterated that group. In hindsight, I would've drafted almost all of them myself. How did that team fare? Were you able to snag any solid FAs?

It was a keeper league so I went in with Spiller and Martin. Then took MJD in the first round.

I really struggled ending up with 5 wins, although I did finish the season strong in the consolation bracket lol.

I picked up Ellington, Rivers, and Vereen later on, but I just wasn't able to compete. My only consistent player was Garcon.

It was a keeper league so I went in with Spiller and Martin. Then took MJD in the first round.

I really struggled ending up with 5 wins, although I did finish the season strong in the consolation bracket lol.

I picked up Ellington, Rivers, and Vereen later on, but I just wasn't able to compete. My only consistent player was Garcon.

Ooh. I see. I've never been in a keeper league before. The struggles are completely understandable. With the amount of games your players missed, I'm surprised that you were able to muster up even the handful of wins. I was fortunate with the available players on the waiver wire. Picking up Philip Rivers, Zac Stacy, Le'Veon Bell, Jordan Reed and Andre Brown in PPR format saved my season, even though I was bounced out of the first round after finishing 2nd coming into the Playoffs. Solid pick ups on your part.

I had multiple teams with Ridley.  Nice to see Bill Belichick is back to his usual can't start a Pats running back in fantasy ways.

I had him in two, if it makes you feel any better. Along with Lamar Miller in one of the others. Thank goodness for your boy Zac Stacy.

Eh, I was saddled originally saddled with Bradford, Givens and Darryl Richardson. I also had Tavon and Cooks in some variation! What letdowns!

My first year playing fantasy football, and I won both of my leagues.

I'm sure they'd be pissed if they knew I wasn't even American.

Anyway, there's no way I should have won my championship game.

I got to my computer 2 mins late to change my team in time, and I left Jordan Cameron (inactive) in AND I started Ryan Tannehill at QB (82 yds 0 TDs). But he was a big Bears fan, and started Marshall, Forte, M. Bennett and Gould against the Eagles.

Everything in my leagues came down to Frank Gore. I had him in one league, and my opponent had him in another (he also had Vernon Davis - 0 points!). I needed him to score at least 16 points, but not over 19. He got 16.3 and I won both leagues!

Kind of feel bad for the Bears fan, but not really!

The injuries of my 3/4 keepers.

Rodgers,Foster,Martin. RG3 was my 4th, and even though he wasn't injured he definitely didn't help. Somehow I only missed the playoffs by 1 game. First time in 4 years.

Had an awesome draft with D Thomas in the 2nd, V. Davis, Murray, Gordon and Chiefs D.

Ugh.

My first 2 picks were Trent Richardson and Stevan Ridley. Only reason why I made playoffs was because my Keeper was Megatron.

Never taking Trent or Stevan again.

My first 2 picks were Trent Richardson and Stevan Ridley. Only reason why I made playoffs was because my Keeper was Megatron.

Never taking Trent or Stevan again.

I did that in one league as well.  I wasn't as lucky as you to have Megatron to carry to team though.

I had..

Rodgers (trade before injury)

Peterson

Gronk

Cobb

Doug Martin (trade before injury)

Had a great run, lost 2nd playoff game due to Peterson and Gronk

Ray Rice, I got him in the second thinking I was going to rock people, and I did...he didn't. I kept thinking every game was the game he would turn it around and he sucked the whole season through. Fantasy or not I cant remember such a bad season by a RB that was as talented as he was.

Aaron Rodgers forsure was the reason I fell 1 game short of the playoffs. But Knowshown Moreno and Nick Foles (both FA pickups) were the reason I even came within 1 game.