57 replies to this topic

#1 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Obviously, we've dealt with our share of close losses, as well as close wins. If we had simply managed to win one more of those close ones, we would be in a much better position right now, and we would still have a shot at the North crown. So, which one bugs you the most?

The Bears game is the easiest answer because that's the game we were closest to pulling out. But I will always consider conference losses more crucial than non-conference for obvious reasons. If we had a better conference record including one more win, we could even have already punched our ticket to the postseason by now. The Browns game hurts because that was the worst team we lost to. However, for me it was the game in Buffalo in Week 4. Of all the close games we lost with our offense on the sidelines (not placing blame here either way, just stating facts), this is the one we had our offense on the field with a chance to tie or take the lead late. Joe and the rest of the offense really disappointed me here more than any other game. We should have won this one late, and then we wouldn't be forced to watch the scoreboard this weekend.

#2 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

For me its clear. The packers game. All harbs in that one.

#3 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

The Browns lost hurt. Snapped the streak against the Browns and the streak after the bye. Team we should've beat and would have had us in great position now for a playoff spot. All around poor performance from the offense and defense that day.

#4 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Bears. Gino doesn't botch the snap at the end and I think we get a TD to end regulation.

#5 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Bears. Gino doesn't botch the snap at the end and I think we get a TD to end regulation.

Concur

#6 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Yesterday

2mhhjsi.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Patriots GM

#7 frank21054

frank21054

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

To be honest I would not pick the Packers or the Bears as that was out of conference (even though they were games we let slip away). I want to look at a conference game as that will be a tiebreaker that breaks our backs (or if everyone loses and the Steelers win the division loss). So for that I would say the first Browns or first Steelers game was the one that hurt the most because it would of given us at worst a 4-2 record in the division and 6-6 record in the conference. This would eliminate the tiebreakers the Steelers (plus head to head) have on us. It would also give us the edge on the Chargers whom we did not play for the first time in forever.

#8 edthehead

edthehead

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

the bills was a bad game EJ was and is a rookie .then you have the browns that was a long streak of wins plus wins after the bye,, packers, we had Aaron rogers on the ropes and no knock out blow, and yes the bears they are banged up on defense we held that offense ,, but my most disappointing game was ,,This past sunday NEW ENGLAND our back up against the wall and we did not do a thing NOTHING,,WOW  

#9 PoeDinkum

PoeDinkum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Concur

+2. Even though I responded to the site's poll that our playoff chances died in Cleveland, I still held out hope. Next to yesterday's debacle, that was the toughest loss to endure and the one I was absolutely visibly disgusted over as I knew it would come back to haunt us. As for yesterday it was evident NO ONE showed up to play for us and the refs were not going to cut us any breaks. I was just numb after the first quarter, quietly accepting the inevitable.

#10 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

the bills was a bad game EJ was and is a rookie .then you have the browns that was a long streak of wins plus wins after the bye,, packers, we had Aaron rogers on the ropes and no knock out blow, and yes the bears they are banged up on defense we held that offense ,, but my most disappointing game was ,,This past sunday NEW ENGLAND our back up against the wall and we did not do a thing NOTHING,,WOW

Forgot about the Bills game. Their secondary was depleted...

#11 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

DENVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had SUPER high hopes and I was sick of the Broncos fans.

Plus with being sent out of town and all that.

By far Denver.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#12 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,984 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Bills or Browns for me. Both of those games were very winnable, but the mistakes just kept mounting.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#13 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

The Ravens this year just never really look like a playoff caliber team. Originally I had them at 10-6 and winning the division again. Then the D didn't gel and we lost a few games; the offense couldn't run the ball and they couldn't score points. Later, a long time ago, I moved them back to 8-8 and missing the playoffs. I hope they make the playoffs this year (6 in a row is a great streak) but everytime they catch a break from another team they turn around and give it back with a loss, so I won't be at all devastated if they don't make it. Ravens have problems, but I think they are coaching problems and I'm hoping they get them fixed this offseason.

Fifteen to 18 of the Ravens on this roster are about to play their last game as a Raven. Let the change-over begin.

Go Ravens

Edited by Bruce_Almty, 23 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#14 Tank 92

Tank 92

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

This was the most frustrating, no doubt.  Gino pulled defeat from the jaws of victory.

Any and all losses to the squealers and patsies rip my heart out.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#15 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Patriots until that game I had high hopes for a long playoff run.possible repeat

#16 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

I like some of the answers here but for me it has to be the Patriots and the Broncos!  These two teams possess the NFL "golden boys" at the QB spot in Manning and Brady and it gives Flacco an opportunity to match up with them.  The Broncos hung up 49 pts and embarrassed the hell out of the Ravens on opening night!  Then, the Patriots come to M&T Bank Stadium with 70,000+ fans in the stands and a little bit of national television time (late that evening) and they hung up 41 pts on us!  Just down right pathetic and embarrassing!  They lose their last home game and now have to go on the road (a place where they struggle and are 2-5 this season) and try to get a win!

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#17 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I agree. The Packers won as well was close too. 

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#18 RavenzRule2000

RavenzRule2000

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

The Ravens this year just never really look like a playoff caliber team. Originally I had them at 10-6 and winning the division again. Then the D didn't gel and we lost a few games; the offense couldn't run the ball and they couldn't score points. Later, a long time ago, I moved them back to 8-8 and missing the playoffs. I hope they make the playoffs this year (6 in a row is a great streak) but everytime they catch a break from another team they turn around and give it back with a loss, so I won't be at all devastated if they don't make it. Ravens have problems, but I think they are coaching problems and I'm hoping they get them fixed this offseason.

Fifteen to 18 of the Ravens on this roster are about to play their last game as a Raven. Let the change-over begin.

Go Ravens

Who are you talking about? With the turnover of the roster the team should have a losing record, the Wizard of Oz knows how to handle the salary cap to avoid losing seasons. There are a few games we deserved to lose, but we were competitive, the Pats game was an offensive loss, the defense played very well but were on the field way too long. Harbs made some bad calls that affected the game, and the final score was because of the ex-backup QB Tyrod Taylor, 14 points in less than 2 minutes, not bad. Jim Caldwell's job at OC is up in the air too, very suspect calls. 14-0 with the ball at NE 5 and you call a pass play is ridiculous. You have to be creative. The score there would have changed the game but essentially ended it.

#19 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

What loss hurts the most?

Freaking all of them. The division losses hurt the most, obviously, but every loss makes a difference. In the grand scheme of things, they are all "L's," and they all hurt just as bad.

#20 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

It's always the close games that hurt the most. Blowouts like last week are easy to get over. The loss that stings the most was Green Bay. I still can't believe Webb or whoever's fault it was let Jordy Nelson run right past him for a TD. I mean come on! They were down to two WR at the time due to injury and the other guy was a nobody. It might be a good idea to cover Nelson. Just an idea though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users