48 replies to this topic

#1 Jillester

Jillester

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

It's been explained, debated, and stated time and again what is wrong with our offensive play, schemes, and potentials (or lack thereof.)  Is there any good on our offense?  Pray tell.

That which does not kill me... will be the basis for my revenge.

#2 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's been explained, debated, and stated time and again what is wrong with our offensive play, schemes, and potentials (or lack thereof.) Is there any good on our offense? Pray tell.

I like their jerseys...

#3 CptJesus

CptJesus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Any good that exists is camouflaged by our playcalling. Our line calls are bad, so that makes our wide receivers look bad. It makes our running backs look bad. It makes our quarterback look bad (although he's done a decent job of making himself look bad quite a few times now). Overall, until our playcalling and line play gets better, nothing on offense will be good.

And that's not to say individual players aren't terrible, but it's all masked by the overall failure of our offense in total.

#4 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Flacco's ability to make plays with his feet was our only offensive weapon this season. Well, there goes the season... .

bJNF689.jpg

#5 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,772 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Marlon Brown. I think he will be a guy contributing in Baltimore for years to come. The offense has been bad but Marlon is one of the bright spots...

Edited by Alexir, 23 December 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#6 Jillester

Jillester

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Marlon Brown. I think he will be a guy contributer in Baltimore for years to come. The offense has been bad but Marlon is one of the bright spots...

I agree with this as Marlon is more of a possession type receiver that we desperately need.  With a bit more experience and game time, he'll be a definite asset to the team.  We can thank Jim Harbaugh for giving the FO and his brother the heads up on this dude.

#7 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Marlon Brown. I think he will be a guy contributer in Baltimore for years to come. The offense has been bad but Marlon is one of the bright spots...

He needs to be further integrated into the offense. Especially in the red zone.  Its a travesty we stopped using him so in the past 2 months.  Dude is 6'5, have him run some slants or throw fades to him and let him out jump guys.

#8 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,161 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

What is this offense thing that you speak of?

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

You no longer make a million posts a minute. You make a million trades a minute now....

Jacksonville Jaguars GM

Twitter

#9 Jillester

Jillester

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

You know what?  I'm not entirely sure.  A figment of my imagination perhaps!

#10 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

"offense" from the Greek word to offend or be unwatchable, pedestrian and plain vanilla.

#11 edthehead

edthehead

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

need more cow bell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we do have determination I do see it, we need better play calling  

#12 cushrinada1986

cushrinada1986

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

It's been explained, debated, and stated time and again what is wrong with our offensive play, schemes, and potentials (or lack thereof.)  Is there any good on our offense?  Pray tell.

WR - Smith - our best WR but would be Wallace deadly if set as #2

WR - Jones - Great KR but hit or miss at WR. He has big play ability but not consistent enough to be a relied threat.

WR - Deonte Thompson - Too injured too often

WR - Brown - Big body but only effective consistently in the red zone. Hit or miss on the way to the red zone but can get better.

WR - Doss - not a lot of separation and has flamed out since his break out game earlier this season.

Idea - Draft two new WRs in 2014 and Bring in competition from FA as well to get Flacco improved weapons to help run game.

QB - Flacco - Big Arm guy but can be shaken easily and as seen with the brace, doesnt do well with injury, Still a fran. QB.

QB -Taylor - Only really useful in pistal like offense schemes and plays. great run threat and change up QB to Flacco.

HB - Rice - Great runner but playing injured

HB - Pierce - Great power back but stunted by lack of holes in O-Line

FB - Leach, still a great blocker in the game

FB - Juice - still learning

Oline in general has not been completely solid this year. Ravens should spend one of their top 4 picks on an interior linemen and see if Gino can actually man that front after bringing some other guys in to compete.

TE - Pitta-  was injured

TE - Dickson - Not as consistant as pitta but break run blocker. 

Hopefully we can go heavy on offense in both FA and draft since our defense isnt as bad as it seems. This D could be a lot better if they were playing with a lead or potentially a team that has become one dimensional due to our scoring power.

#13 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

We have a lot of good pieces, but not all the pieces, and with all of the injuries nobody's played together consistently enough to really gel.  I think people sometimes take chemistry for granted - for instance, during the Superbowl run, the unit of Joe, Torrey, Q, Ed and Dennis, and Ray, plus the o-line with Oher, Yanda, and Birk, had played almost every game together for 2 seasons plus a playoff run.  This year, guys like Marlon, Tandon, Stoke, Clark, Shipley, Gino, Monroe were all suddenly added to the mix, plus Ed, Dennis, Ray, and Joe have all been injured at some point during the season.  There wasn't the same consistency and chemistry.  It's hard to say Brady's having an off-season after what he did to us on Sunday, but if you look at his season overall, with a bunch of new, inexperienced targets to throw to, he's still having the worst season in quite some time - he might finish with a sub-63 percent completion rate, less than 25 TDs, and a QBR under 90 for the first time since 2006 - chemistry matters a lot.  This team still lacks a real dynamic playmaker on offense - Rice has been that guy in the past, but he's not been the same guy the last few years.  IMO we need to add an over-the middle receiving threat like a TE or WR in the draft, possibly add another running back, then give these guys some time to work together.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 24 December 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#14 ravensfan520

ravensfan520

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

I agree with this as Marlon is more of a possession type receiver that we desperately need. With a bit more experience and game time, he'll be a definite asset to the team. We can thank Jim Harbaugh for giving the FO and his brother the heads up on this dude.

part of the deal for Boldin... a draft pick plus some heads up on some undrafted talent.

Edited by ravensfan520, 24 December 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#15 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Flacco's ability to make plays with his feet was our only offensive weapon this season. Well, there goes the season... .

That's why I knew we were screwed after that hit. If Flacco can't extend plays with his legs we have no shot.

#16 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

I agree with this as Marlon is more of a possession type receiver that we desperately need. With a bit more experience and game time, he'll be a definite asset to the team. We can thank Jim Harbaugh for giving the FO and his brother the heads up on this dude.

Did Jim really?

Boldin would be nice but if we had him we probably don't keep Marlon. Considering that Boldin would've been gone after this year, I can live with that.

#17 Jillester

Jillester

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Did Jim really?

Boldin would be nice but if we had him we probably don't keep Marlon. Considering that Boldin would've been gone after this year, I can live with that.

That is my understanding!  Jim scouted Marlon in 2008 to see if he'd be a good fit for Stanford.  Brown chose to go to Georgia which is a lot closer to him hometown in Tennessee.

#18 PurpleDoc

PurpleDoc

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Marlon Brown. I think he will be a guy contributing in Baltimore for years to come. The offense has been bad but Marlon is one of the bright spots...

Yeah, if they don't trade him...

#19 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, if they don't trade him...

The Boldin trade is the only reason we're seeing Marlon on the field.

#20 PurpleDoc

PurpleDoc

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

The Boldin trade is the only reason we're seeing Marlon on the field.

True, and I like Brown…but I fear they will trade one of the few good offensive players we got...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users