Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Fire________, Cut________ Rant, Patriots version

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#201 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Our receivers are definitely not above average. They can go deep but that's it.

As I've said before this has been a complaint for years. I'm wondering if it's coaching/scheme rather than our receivers. We really need to question our receivers coach at this point.

I would LOVE to see Derrick Mason come back as a receivers coach.

I would gladly contribute to his salary if he did, lol. Can he and Birk both come back as coaches?

#202 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Caldwell needs to get more creative with the offense   and I know Flacco was playing hurt but the way he was throwing passes isn't much different when he was healthy. In my opinion the ravens might have to make some changes on offense this season coaching wise 

#203 blazing32

blazing32

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I don't think a good receiving coach could help any of these guys. They're just not talented enough. We need strong big physicals receivers, and an O-line that can do its job. Like someone said, the Patriots dropped eight in coverage because this crap line can't stop a three man rush. Oher gone, Monroe gone (I don't know what people see in him, he's not that good) and please get rid of Shipley and Gino. Neither one of those two should be starting.

Edited by blazing32, 22 December 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#204 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

I don't think a good receiving coach could help any of these guys. They're just not talented enough. We need strong big physicals receivers, and an O-line that can do its job. Like someone said, the Patriots dropped eight in coverage because this crap line can't stop a three man rush. Oher gone, Monroe gone (I don't know what people see in him, he's not that good) and please get rid of Shipley and Gino. Neither one of those two should be starting.

Wow! Nothing here is accurate, except maybe Shipley's ineptitude and Oher being gone.

Edited by The Raven, 22 December 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#205 Static

Static

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Jameel McCain singlehandley gave them their first TD. He have two better options at LB.

Bodybuilder , Rugby Player , and Diehard fan.

#206 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

This is the first game ever where I didn't say "Hey at least ____________ showed up to play today" What a horrible game the entire team played.

My Grades:

Flacco: F-

RB's: F- (Rice is done)

Oline: F (Can't wait till Ore is gone)

Def Line: F

Secondary: F

Coaching FF-

Referees Z-

I think you're being a little generous, pal.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#207 blazing32

blazing32

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

The sad part of it is, I'm still not sure that Cam Cameron was the issue at all...  he was the fall-guy.  He was a college coordinator and QB coach for LSU...  Talk about a successful season... They went 9 - 3

It doesn't matter who the offensive coordinator is, this team has never been great offensively. Granted they are better with Flacco, but still sub par. If Belichick(SP) was the coach here, the offense would still suck because you need to put players on the field with some intelligence. In fact wasn't he fired by Cleveland before the move to Baltimore, and now look at his success. No offensive coordinator can make an offense successful if the team itself doesn't have the IQ for it, and the Ravens have a lot of dumb players playing on offense. How else can you explain the vanilla offenses that have been a trademark of this team since 1998, and with multiple coordinators. It's the only explanation I have. The more I watch this team, the more I start to believe that the 2012 playoff team was an offensive fluke.

#208 KnowNoLimits

KnowNoLimits

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'll mourn our season now. I'd rather not go to the playoffs, let our Qb rehab, and fix the team in the offseason now, than make it postseason and watch mediocrity. Flacco not being mobile isn't good at all for our offense. Someone has to give us a run game, he was the last hope.

#209 blazing32

blazing32

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

Wow! Nothing here is accurate, except maybe Shipley's ineptitude and Oher being gone.

You really believe Monroe is that good? I don't, and I don't think our center is any good either. Too many 3rd and short and 4th and shorts that have failed. Yeah we scored a TD today with a QB sneak, but overall, this offensive line has failed a lot when that extra yard is needed. 

#210 johnmike72

johnmike72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

At this point why isn't Arthur brown playing in place of jameel McClain and why is pitta not seeing the field enough ?

I know. Jameel McClain sucks.

#211 Poes Crows

Poes Crows

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

The 3 Game Home winning streak and the Lions game deluded us.

NYJets       7-8

Pittsburgh  7-8

Minnesota  4-10-1

Detroit        7-8

We beat the above 4 teams to actually be selected by the vast majority of pickers to beat the 10-4 New England Patriots.  We never had a chance.

That 4 game winning streak was against losing teams. The only team from that run still alive in the playoff race is Pittsburgh and they have the inside edge vs us at this juncture.

Ok, we "rolled" vs the Jets. On a Flacco to Jones bomb and 4 tucker field goals.

Pittsburgh we scored 1 touchdown and 5 field goals and barely held on due to a Jones Kickoff return.

Minnesota is not a good team and we were life and death to find a way to win.

Detroit we got +3 Turnovers and needed a miracle Tucker kick to prevail.

We've run into a couple good teams this year and we were shellacked.

Some will point to the yardage for and against. Yeah, we got a bunch of garbage yards and they still held us out of the endzone.

We miss certain players to no end.  Errors were made by management, including paying Flacco way too much.  Now they have to build the team they gave away to put Flacco back in a position where his attributes can again make a difference. They can't make a difference now.

This is definitely the worst Raven Team in the "Harbaugh Era". 

It is inept offensively.

John Smith of Titanic lore did not board a lifeboat Ozzie. A Captain that has blundered does the honorable thing. He goes down with his ship.

#212 blazing32

blazing32

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Oline is horrible. They can't pick up a simple stunt... especially on third downs.

Flacco needs to learn... somehow... some way. If there's double coverage, don't throw there.. your WRs aren't good enough to beat that..

Torrey... your soft, and fail to make tough catches time and time again.

Rice, you showed some fire today. Hope you can get healthy and in shape in the offseason.

Pierce , you're hurt 3 times a game.

Gino, you're GINO.. not a good football player

Monroe, you're not impressive and you miss too many simple assignments

Yanda, you're not even close to a top 5 guard.... get healthy

Oher, you're just not a tackle in this league.. Maybe you can be a guard?

Webb, I like your toughness but either you've lost steps from the knees or your technique is bad. You can't seem to jam anyone at the line.

Graham, you're ok sometimes but your tackling is suspect

Jimmy, you're getting better... you'll peak just before we have to let you go in FA.

I've got more but don't feel like typig

Agree to all of these things.

#213 Poes Crows

Poes Crows

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

You really believe Monroe is that good? I don't, and I don't think our center is any good either. Too many 3rd and short and 4th and shorts that have failed. Yeah we scored a TD today with a QB sneak, but overall, this offensive line has failed a lot when that extra yard is needed. 

Nah Monroe is not a difference maker. They happy mouthed him, hoping he was. He ain't.

John Smith of Titanic lore did not board a lifeboat Ozzie. A Captain that has blundered does the honorable thing. He goes down with his ship.

#214 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Keeping it real..let me know where ive gone wrong with my grades.

I think you gave the wr too much credit, other than that, looked about right to me

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#215 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

Nah Monroe is not a difference maker. They happy mouthed him, hoping he was. He ain't.

Not even close to being a difference maker. Average, at best.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#216 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

That Gif makes me want to draft an entire new D and hire Rex Ryan as our D co

#217 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

(Mod note:removed)
Classless.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#218 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

Either SD or MIA.

And I doubt Cincy rests starters, they're still fighting for seeding.

The Dolphins are playing the Jets so that is a Dolphin win. The Chargers are playing KC, so they may lose. Unfortunately we need to win for this scenario to work. Does anyone think we are waltzing into Cinci and beating the Bengals?

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#219 PoeDinkum

PoeDinkum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

The 3 Game Home winning streak and the Lions game deluded us.

NYJets       7-8

Pittsburgh  7-8

Minnesota  4-10-1

Detroit        7-8

We beat the above 4 teams to actually be selected by the vast majority of pickers to beat the 10-4 New England Patriots.  We never had a chance.

That 4 game winning streak was against losing teams. The only team from that run still alive in the playoff race is Pittsburgh and they have the inside edge vs us at this juncture.

Ok, we "rolled" vs the Jets. On a Flacco to Jones bomb and 4 tucker field goals.

Pittsburgh we scored 1 touchdown and 5 field goals and barely held on due to a Jones Kickoff return.

Minnesota is not a good team and we were life and death to find a way to win.

Detroit we got +3 Turnovers and needed a miracle Tucker kick to prevail.

We've run into a couple good teams this year and we were shellacked.

Some will point to the yardage for and against. Yeah, we got a bunch of garbage yards and they still held us out of the endzone.

We miss certain players to no end.  Errors were made by management, including paying Flacco way too much.  Now they have to build the team they gave away to put Flacco back in a position where his attributes can again make a difference. They can't make a difference now.

This is definitely the worst Raven Team in the "Harbaugh Era". 

It is inept offensively.

True that. Man, this is well summarized as stark truth. Honestly, though my thoughts were there was no way that our offense that was moving the ball into the red zone could be kept out of the red zone for so many games. The PATS could be run on, struggling themselves on offense, and lacking safeties that could lock us down, not to mention struggling late in games as well. Plus, we were at home. Bottom line- you are right, our coaching and execution were exposed to be inferior to a team with such post-season success. I am not sure what to think about next week yet, as Cincy lacks that kind of experience nor do I even want to. Ugh.

#220 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

The Dolphins are playing the Jets so that is a Dolphin win. The Chargers are playing KC, so they may lose. Unfortunately we need to win for this scenario to work. Does anyone think we are waltzing into Cinci and beating the Bengals?

Tannehill was injured and the players are gonna fight for Rex's job. Don't give the win to MIA so easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users