Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Ravens Defense of the past

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

First, I would like to say I'm happy with this years defense. They are not perfect especially late in games, but they are a pretty stout group. I usually like watching good defensive teams, so I went and looked for some vintage Ravens D and found a video that some people might like. The speed of Ray lewis, Ed reed, and the rest of the defense was phenomenal on this coaches film.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eb9c-HAjJ5k

#2 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yep
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#3 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

The speed, front 7 pressures, tackling, playcallings, playmaking abilities, and audibles of the defense are on top of the roof; there is no way to bring back the 2000 type of defense where superstars were filled from top to bottom.  It's like all star defense.....astounding!..

It's hard to live in the past, but it's a great memory per say....

Edited by AsianRice, 20 December 2013 - 03:04 PM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#4 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Wow. The first thing that pops out to me is the dline play. Our current defensive line is nothing close to that front. Kelly Gregg was a force, and I guess 94 is Bannan, but that front was dangerous. The technique is so much better and they're so much more physical. You can really see how good Rex Ryan was as the dline coach for all those years.

Of course, Ray was the second thing I noticed. Damn he was fast.

Edited by The Raven, 20 December 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#5 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Wow. The first thing that pops out to me is the dline play. Our current defensive line is nothing close to that front. Kelly Gregg was a force, and I guess 94 is Bannan, but that front was dangerous. The technique is so much better and they're so much more physical. You can really see how good Rex Ryan was as the dline coach for all those years.

Of course, Ray was the second thing I noticed. Damn he was fast.

94 was Anthony Weaver, a 2nd round pick in 01 I think it was.

#6 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

94 was Anthony Weaver, a 2nd round pick in 01 I think it was.

Yep, you're right. Bannan didn't get here til 2007-08 I think. But yeah, that Weaver guy looked damn good. That line just looks soooo good all around. 

Edited by The Raven, 20 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#7 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yep, you're right. Bannan didn't get here til 2007-08 I think. But yeah, that Weaver guy looked damn good. That line just looks soooo good all around. 

They are/were alot better at getting off blocks when Rex was around.  Brooks does a good job but you can see just from that video alone.  Weaver was a solid but unspectacular player, think he washed out of the league in 2007 or 08.  But there is no denying Rex's talent at the Dline level.

#8 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,539 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

First, I would like to say I'm happy with this years defense. They are not perfect especially late in games, but they are a pretty stout group. I usually like watching good defensive teams, so I went and looked for some vintage Ravens D and found a video that some people might like. The speed of Ray lewis, Ed reed, and the rest of the defense was phenomenal on this coaches film.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eb9c-HAjJ5k

I love this!  And yet, I don't want to keep constantly looking backwards in comparison of this D and previous Ravens D's because there is none!  Things were different back then without a salary cap and free agency etc.  Personally, I'm allowing this present Ravens D to grow and come into their own.  And from the looks of them...they're not that bad!  Go Ravens!

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users