30 replies to this topic

#1 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Been watching a little sports television today and I've noticed a few analysts have being saying that the Ravens are a "dangerous" team to face in the month of December.  Here is what Michael Jenkins and Charley Casserly from Football Tonight said;

Jenkins: "The Baltimore Ravens once again Charley are heating up at the right time.  They did it last season and you think that they are doing it again this season?"

Casserly: "Yeah I really do!  There's some teams that have a knack for that sense of urgency when it comes to December.  Playing different!  Playing tough, physical, mental football!  The Ravens...that defense is good enough to be in the playoffs!  Joe Flacco....I've watched him the last two weeks.  Got that back foot set, never waivers, ice water in his veigns, two-minute drill, time after time after time in the last two weeks.  Ozzie Newsome...Hey!  He took a Super Bowl team, had to rebuild it on the run because of the salary cap and he's got'em back in playoff contention again!  You do not want to play the Baltimore Ravens in December!"

Jenkins: "If they get any spark on offense, they are going to be really, really dangerous!"

Wow!  I loved it!  lol!

#Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 21 December 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

Damnit man! I love all the positive talk but this crap jinxed us.
We are doomed I tell you. DOOMED!
:P

#3 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

That's been the narrative all week. I posted this in the game thread, but I'll post Colin Cowherd's rant again. It's a funny listen:http://espn.go.com/e...lay?id=10152532

First Take, Michael Smith from Numbers Never Lie, even Jamie Dukes. ESPN even had a panel called the "Winning Mentality," asking why some teams (Ravens) get it done in December while other teams (Lions) don't.

We've gotten a LOT of respect in the media this week. I like it and hate it at the same time.

#4 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

You give Joe Flacco 10 seconds left and he'll give you a Porterhouse steak made out of tofu. I know, I know... he's a beast!

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

#5 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

That's been the narrative all week. I posted this in the game thread, but I'll post Colin Cowherd's rant again. It's a funny listen:http://espn.go.com/e...lay?id=10152532

First Take, Michael Smith from Numbers Never Lie, even Jamie Dukes. ESPN even had a panel called the "Winning Mentality," asking why some teams (Ravens) get it done in December while other teams (Lions) don't.

We've gotten a LOT of respect in the media this week. I like it and hate it at the same time.

that was awesome thanks for sharing the link. and its about time someone sees what the fans have known all along.

#6 Mick0311

Mick0311

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Been watching a little sports television today and I've noticed a few analysts have being saying that the Ravens are a "dangerous" team to face in the month of December.  Here is what Michael Jenkins and Charley Casserly from Football Tonight said;

Jenkins: "The Baltimore Ravens once again Charley are heating up at the right time.  They did it last season and you think that they are doing it again this season?"

Casserly: "Yeah I really do!  There's some teams that have a knack for that sense of urgency when it comes to December.  Playing different!  Playing tough, physical, mental football!  The Ravens...that defense is good enough to be in the playoffs!  Joe Flacco....I've watched him the last two weeks.  Got that back foot set, never waivers, ice water in his veigns, two-minute drill, time after time after time in the last two weeks.  Ozzie Newsome...Hey!  He took a Super Bowl team, had to rebuild it on the run because of the salary cap and he's got'em back in playoff contention again!  You do not want to play the Baltimore Ravens in December!"

Jenkins: "If they get any spark on offense, they are going to be really, really dangerous!"

Wow!  I loved it!  lol!

#Mili

This is the worst news I've heard all week. ;)

#7 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

I loved it!  While some people say that they like being disrespected, overlooked and the underdogs in every game, I can't stand it!  lol!  When that happens...that just means that your team is playing horribly!  Now, sure, for the past few years the Ravens have been disrespected and played well in spite of.  Let's keep that mentality and style of play going!  And yet; I don't mind when analysts and the media begins to pick the Ravens to win games cause to me; that just simply means that they are finally getting their act together and performing well!  And all of the "not-picking" the Ravens to win is over done.  Time to change the script! 

Go Ravens!!

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

- MX1

#8 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Many people last December had us counted out.  After the loss to the Denver Broncos in the regular season on December 16th many analysts wondered if we would make it past Wild Card Weekend.  Analysts just love to go which ever the way the wind blows.  I actually prefer being counted out.

1egs.png

#9 I-70WestRaven

I-70WestRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

Tis the season to be Raven fa la la la la la la la! Believe, I do!!

The Baltimore Ravens! 'Nuff said!!

#10 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

I love it because like Mili said, it means the team is performing better and up to their potential. Although I still don't think we've played our best ball. The media is what it is. This year I haven't followed the media as much and i'm better for it lol. The media is full of guys who get to make uneducated and often times foolish statements because they often aren't held accountable for those states.

For the most part what those guys say good or bad doesn't interest me any more because they don't watch this team enough to have valid points. I'd rather listen to guys like Wally and Q talk Ravens then Skip and Stephen A. In the national media the talk is generally all the same because they rarely have original opinions. The Ravens lost too much with Ray Lewis and 10+ Super Bowl starters gone. Never one did i here anybody talk about how guys like Ellerbe, Kruger and Cary were either backups or we already had better players at their position. Despite how old and slow Ray and Ed were in the media for the past 3 years, it was crazy to say this defense might be better without them. It's all the same recycled nonsense imo.

But I guess when you win the Super Bowl and come back the next season to show your toughness and resilience as a team people tend to take notice. Everything they are saying about the Ravens is the same things most of us fans have been saying for the longest time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Flacco Love go through the roof after a win on Sunday.

Posted Image

#11 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

I am sure the Pats would have preferred this meeting earlier in the season.

#12 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

I love it because like Mili said, it means the team is performing better and up to their potential. Although I still don't think we've played our best ball. The media is what it is. This year I haven't followed the media as much and i'm better for it lol. The media is full of guys who get to make uneducated and often times foolish statements because they often aren't held accountable for those states.

For the most part what those guys say good or bad doesn't interest me any more because they don't watch this team enough to have valid points. I'd rather listen to guys like Wally and Q talk Ravens then Skip and Stephen A. In the national media the talk is generally all the same because they rarely have original opinions. The Ravens lost too much with Ray Lewis and 10+ Super Bowl starters gone. Never one did i here anybody talk about how guys like Ellerbe, Kruger and Cary were either backups or we already had better players at their position. Despite how old and slow Ray and Ed were in the media for the past 3 years, it was crazy to say this defense might be better without them. It's all the same recycled nonsense imo.

But I guess when you win the Super Bowl and come back the next season to show your toughness and resilience as a team people tend to take notice. Everything they are saying about the Ravens is the same things most of us fans have been saying for the longest time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Flacco Love go through the roof after a win on Sunday.

I hate Flacco's bandwagons in last min...I mean we're sitting on his bandwagon for years and in this last min they want a quick ride? lol..no thanks....

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#13 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

Here's Joe on Mike and Mike talking about why the Ravens have been so good in December under Harbs. http://espn.go.com/e...lay?id=10163750

Posted Image

#14 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

For the most part what those guys say good or bad doesn't interest me any more because they don't watch this team enough to have valid points. I'd rather listen to guys like Wally and Q talk Ravens then Skip and Stephen A.

I absolutely love listening to Stephen A. Smith Ravensfan23.  That cat is hilarious!  lol!  He had me rolling when he was talking about the Dallas Cowboys on yesterday with Charles Woodson.  That was some funny stuff man!  lol!

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

- MX1

#15 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I absolutely love listening to Stephen A. Smith Ravensfan23.  That cat is hilarious!  lol!  He had me rolling when he was talking about the Dallas Cowboys on yesterday with Charles Woodson.  That was some funny stuff man!  lol!

#Mili

Oh I'm a fan of Stephen A especially when he's talking basketball. But when it comes to the Ravens he's one of those guys that tends to give the same ole recycled opinions that everyone else has. But I will say he tends to give honest emotions and opinions of people and doesn't play favorites like Skip. He definitely speaks his mind and I can appreciate that.

Btw that Lion meat was last week's meal, it's time to feast on the pretty boy and his Pats. Season record is 8-6 but don't change the quote by Jacoby, I loved when it said it after the Steelers game.

Posted Image

#16 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Stephen A is a basketball genius, but his football knowledge is greatly lacking.

Bayless lacks knowledge in all areas. If you want a laugh YouTube "Mark Cuban Skip Bayless."

#17 SizzleSuggs55

SizzleSuggs55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

Enjoy it for the time being. These analyst cant wait to start ridiculing us again. It's been really weird watching nfl network this week..

#18 Omerta

Omerta

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't buy all the love, despite all the love now these people will be saying it was too good to be true the moment we lose if we do. They can dive it. Keep your sympathy and good willed talk, Baltimore does not want your charity. We are here whether that like it or support our not. We are who we are.

Edited by Omerta, 20 December 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#19 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

I hope we are better this December than we were last December. My only good memory is against the Giants.

#20 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

BTW, they may be talking better about us, but most are still picking the Patriots, so they have not jumped all the way into the deep end of the Ravens pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users