13 replies to this topic

#1 playlikeawhat

playlikeawhat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

I always suspected Ray Rice was lying about his health earlier in the season.  Seems he's finally decided to come clean after most of us already figured him out *eye roll*..

http://www.nfl.com/n...om-a-hip-injury

Here are my questions.  Why did Ray lie in the first place?  Why did the coaches seem to just go along with this?  Why did the coaches barely (if ever) use the 3rd string backs signed throughout the pre/regular season?  When did putting an injured back on the field and placing the season at risk become an acceptable course of action?

Will we be subject to this kind of deception again if Baltimore faces a similar personnel issue in the future?

Minor rant:

I need the people at ESPN and NFL.com's 'Around the League' to jump out the Raven's nest and into an ice cold lake with cement shoes.  The way they criticized Joe and Ray Rice despite FULL knowledge of injuries and a struggling o-line is unacceptable.  They spent weeks providing preferential excuse making for 'Top 5' QBs but rarely mentioned Baltimore's offensive struggles in full perspective.  Now, these same clowns are getting behind Baltimore with their superstitious 'hot at the right time' garbage.  These idiots act as if they've never seen a team get healthy before.

Edited by playlikeawhat, 19 December 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#2 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

if your a running back in the nfl, you probably dont want people knowing where your hurt so they can target that area.....and if he was seriously hurt, he would have never been on the field. hes a pro bowl caliber running back, so of course they are gonna try to get him on the field. i just dont know why they havent used pierce a lot more.

Posted Image

#3 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

I have learned that it's just the way it is... From the day after the Super Bowl until we hit the fields during OTA's and Camp, they have downplayed the Ravens. Never have they EVER given them the respect that they deserve. Well, it appears that the Ravens love it that way. I know that more than ever, I do. These clowns haven't learned a darned thing over the past 6 years. They just sit there and downplay their capabilities...

For 5 years, we heard that Joe wasn't elite, because he hadn't won a Super Bowl... But look at how they just fall head over heals in love with Romo, RG3, etc... I could name others.... it's pathetic. Joe (and the rest of the Ravens) bring home the Lombardi... He has a phenomenal QB rating (which obviously isn't as important as wins)... which he does too.... and they still downplay his abilities... Even Ray Lewis picked against the Ravens a couple of times recently.

Now after the past 3 weeks????? They are in awe of Joe and Co. especially Tuck.
It's pretty obvious that they just haven't known what they speak of...

if your a running back in the nfl, you probably dont want people knowing where your hurt so they can target that area.....and if he was seriously hurt, he would have never been on the field. hes a pro bowl caliber running back, so of course they are gonna try to get him on the field. i just dont know why they havent used pierce a lot more.

The sad part about this is....... Do you remember when the Ravens and John Harbaugh got in trouble by the NFLPA for not reporting an Ed Reed injury.... and that is why Harbs puts everyone with a hangnail on the injury report... Why is that different this year?

2jcew5c.jpg

#4 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

I had a feeling it was worse then he was saying he hasn't looked the same not even close until recently . as for sports pundits and talking heads, I ignore them mainly because we can win the next 20 superbowls and they will still be harping on the other team that went to the superbowl. espn is useful for two things, cmon man and Monday night football anything else not interested . Pff there grading system is a joke every week. as for nfl network they are a joke and have no integrity when reporting

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#5 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

\
The sad part about this is....... Do you remember when the Ravens and John Harbaugh got in trouble by the NFLPA for not reporting an Ed Reed injury.... and that is why Harbs puts everyone with a hangnail on the injury report... Why is that different this year?

i could totally be wrong, but im pretty sure pulling your hip flexor isnt an injury that you can mess up really badly if you continue to play on it. its just one of those nagging injuries. you always here how nfl players are never fully healthy. they always play through injuries and i think thats just the case here. i also think harbs was joking when he started listing every little injury  :D

Posted Image

#6 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

Ray Rice's injury isn't the first time they have bent the truth. First Joe was fine , no mri needed, then an mri showed a slight sprain..ok. Mellette to Ir , two weeks post injury a player with mellete's number no name on the shirt could be seen practicing . and Osemele they knew all along he had an issue and was trying to play thru it until the dolphins game when he was so bad he couldn't play .
The injury reports for teams are nuts. I get there is some gamesmanship going on but this is one thing that needs to be changed

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

Betcha' a nickel he is gonna feel much better in January.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Already had a feeling that Ray's injury was still plaguing him.  We need to start looking for another "durable" back.

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,091 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Betcha' a nickel he is gonna feel much better in January.

I'll raise your nickel to a dime. Things aren't looking too good for him but I still got faith in 27!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#10 D_UP

D_UP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

So you want the coaches and rice to announce to the other teams they play he is injured? Players target injuries. Deception? Rice has earned the respect of the coaches to play through his injuries if he says he can.

Edited by D_UP, 19 December 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#11 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

He's regained some of his elusiveness in the open. You can see it. Just look at the swing pass on 3rd and short early in last week's game. He'll continue to get better and come mid January, he might even average over 3 yards per carry.

#12 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

I stopped paying attention to Harbs "just a few little bumps and bruises" chat a long time ago, lol.  It never passed the smell test.  I get the gamemanship of it, but it sure leaves the fans hanging out to dry.

Posted Image

#13 TSizzle00

TSizzle00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Tom Bradys shoulder has been sore for 12 years straight.

Metalsiren00 on ESPN.COM

GO RAVENS

AFCN

#14 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

i could totally be wrong, but im pretty sure pulling your hip flexor isnt an injury that you can mess up really badly if you continue to play on it. its just one of those nagging injuries. you always here how nfl players are never fully healthy. they always play through injuries and i think thats just the case here. i also think harbs was joking when he started listing every little injury  :D

Harbs actually said that  he was going to note every hang nail...  He was furious about the fact that the NFL gigged him over a slight injury to Ed Reed that wasn't even worthy of reporting last season.... obviously the NFLPA didn't think so.

2jcew5c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users