135 replies to this topic

#1 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,772 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Where is Suggs?! He has been quiet for WEEKS! I don't want to hear about double teams, that's been his whole career almost. He needs to step up, I thought bringing Elvis in would improve his game.

Is he playing injured?!

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#2 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,984 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

He had a bad game against Detroit, and he has been quiet in regards to sacks. He has been able to generate some pressure, but not getting to the QB is frustrating. He needs to get better if we want to make the playoffs.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#3 Ravens1991

Ravens1991

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

He was on the injury report because of a neck problem a few weeks ago. He did have some pressure yesterday but did get owned on a run play or two. I hope this isn't a sign of age with him

#4 tolucaraven

tolucaraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Has been awful. Lately replaced on many passing downs by McPhee and Upshaw. Suggs has been a liability for past 6 games. Gris
He might be cut next year and should be. He hasnt even been good vs run.

#5 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

All he does is bull rush anymore. I'm starting to think he lost some of his burst permanently due to the achilles injury. Maybe offensive lineman have started to realize this on film.

Edited by ravensfan160, 17 December 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Where is Suggs?! He has been quiet for WEEKS! I don't want to hear about double teams, that's been his whole career almost. He needs to step up, I thought bringing Elvis in would improve his game.

Is he playing injured?!

I thought the same thing as I watched the game last night.  Suggs has been MIA for a while now.

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#7 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

It looked like Suggs was gonna have a monster year early in the season. Sizzle has fizzled.

#8 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,984 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

All he does is bull rush anymore. I'm starting to think he lost some of his burst permanently due to the achilles injury. Maybe offensive lineman have started to realize this on film.

This is true. Suggs was never lightning quick off the edge, but I do think he has lost a step.

His best attribute for years has been his excellent run defense, and even that went out the window last night. He got abused by Pettigrew on that TD run.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#9 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

He had a bad game against Detroit, and he has been quiet in regards to sacks. He has been able to generate some pressure, but not getting to the QB is frustrating. He needs to get better if we want to make the playoffs.

Yea, he's been getting push just not quite getting to the QB. Last night was a rough game for him in the run game . He failed to set the edge a few times and he was getting handles by Pettigrew a lot of the time. I would say there's probably something going on with him health wise... This isn't the normal Sizz right now.

#10 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

This is true. Suggs was never lightning quick off the edge, but I do think he has lost a step.

His best attribute for years has been his excellent run defense, and even that went out the window last night. He got abused by Pettigrew on that TD run.

Disagree and agree. Suggs was extremely fast off the ball, especially in his DPOY year. But, he has lost a step and his run defense has been bad for a month.

#11 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Yea, he's been getting push just not quite getting to the QB. Last night was a rough game for him in the run game . He failed to set the edge a few times and he was getting handles by Pettigrew a lot of the time. I would say there's probably something going on with him health wise... This isn't the normal Sizz right now.

I remember he was dealing with a foot problem.  They had to wrap it up.  It's probably one of those things you'll hear about after the season

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#12 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

To me it looked like he got bigger weight wise. In the beginning of the year he looked lean and quick, but now he looked like he added about 10-15 pounds and has slowed down. I don't know if that's a fact, but I usually catch on to things like that.

#13 HaX

HaX

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

when we need him, he'll show up

#14 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

To me it looked like he got bigger weight wise. In the beginning of the year he looked lean and quick, but now he looked like he added about 10-15 pounds and has slowed down. I don't know if that's a fact, but I usually catch on to things like that.

I was thinking the same thing. He looked a lot leaner earlier in the season and seems to have put back on weight. Could be that and the neck injury, or he just might not be playing well. Maybe if they replayed our games we could see...

#15 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

We need him Sunday. We have to get pressure on Brady, that's a must.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#16 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

He's been losing discipline on a lot of plays. Even last year in the super bowl, on run plays he's been crashing to the inside when he should be 'staying home' and keeping containment.

that's my 2 cents in the run department

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#17 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Has been awful. Lately replaced on many passing downs by McPhee and Upshaw. Suggs has been a liability for past 6 games. Gris
He might be cut next year and should be. He hasnt even been good vs run.

I don't want to come off as trollish or like I'm picking a fight,but this whole post is full of NO!

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 17 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#18 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

It looked like Suggs was gonna have a monster year early in the season. Sizzle has fizzled.

Big time!

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#19 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

He has been held sackless the past 6 games but 3 of those games he should get a pass for.The jets threw the ball rarely when we played them,the field was a mess in chicago and the snow killed the pass rush vs the vikings.Last night's game was an anomaly.With a player like Suggs,we shouldn't hold one really bad game against him.He's still our best player on defense and I'm sure he'll end the season on a strong note(barring bad weather).

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 17 December 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#20 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

i feel like hes playing injured. you dont start of the first 8 games with a sack and then be unable to generate pressure. and its not like hes been doubled this whole time...suggs has not been able to win 1 on 1 matchups recently.. cant say im not worried

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users