84 replies to this topic

#1 gooftroop

gooftroop

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

With ESPN's little package of clips showing the Ravens "getting the calls"? Who's behind that pile of baloney? How about airing a collection of the unflagged late hits and blows to the head that Joe's taken? They can now add a helmet-to-the-knee shot for good measure...

Edited by gooftroop, 17 December 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#2 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

With ESPN's little package of clips showing the Ravens "getting the calls"? Who's behind that pile of baloney? How about airing a collection of the unflagged late hits and blows to the head that Joe's taken? They can add a helmet-to-the-knee shot for good measure...

I love it. The second ESPN OR NFLN start praising this team, they seem to play soft. They are helping the guys out by disrespecting them..

#3 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,123 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Seriously was just thinking of starting this thread. It baffled me.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#4 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

Yeah I wasn't thrilled with ESPN's coverage.  Grudden went on and on about the arm bar.  It was completely unnecessary to carry on about it as if it were his team.  Both teams got away with a lot of calls.  It's football, let them play.

1egs.png

#5 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yeah I didn't understand that either. Looks like they are simply trying to character assassinate this team.

0cf3ccf6-b431-48bd-a2a0-73b6e0108bc3_zps

#6 TSizzle00

TSizzle00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

honestly I dont care, two weeks of calls don't erase the years of Ravens getting jiped on blown calls. Heck two games ago we had a TD erased by a no call. Give me a break with the "Ravens get all the calls". Boldins entire time as a Raven is was armbared on deep routes without flags most times is just a small example.

Edited by TSizzle00, 17 December 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Metalsiren00 on ESPN.COM

GO RAVENS

AFCN

#7 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,835 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

I hope Gruden gets shafted by the refs if/when he ever returns to coaching.

2mhhjsi.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Patriots GM

#8 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

honestly I dont care, two weeks of calls don't erase the years of Ravens getting jiped on blown calls. Heck two games ago we had a TD erased by a no call. Give me a break with the "Ravens get all the calls". Boldins entire time as a Raven is was armbared on deep routes without flags most times is just a small example.

Brady and Manning seemed to get huge momentum chsnging calls against us. How many times was our defense on the sides of bad roughing or PI calls on crucial 3 rd down stops? I don't care what others have to say cause as you've said, we've been jobbed before and all people said was don't cry about the refs.

#9 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

The clip package was bad enough, but it was ridiculous when Gruden insinuated that Chykie had interfered with Emmanuel Sanders on that 2 pt. conversion try. That was in no way, shape, or form pass interference. 

Even on the Pitta play last week against the Vikings, most said that was an accurate call. Either way, ESPN disappointed me with that pointless clip package, and having to listen to Gruden throughout it made it seem much worse.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#10 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

The clip package was bad enough, but it was ridiculous when Gruden insinuated that Chykie had interfered with Emmanuel Sanders on that 2 pt. conversion try. That was in no way, shape, or form pass interference

Even on the Pitta play last week against the Vikings, most said that was an accurate call. Either way, ESPN disappointed me with that pointless clip package, and having to listen to Gruden throughout it made it seem much worse.

That was AWFUL.  Im still wrapping my head around that hypothesis.  Chykie doesn't touch Sanders, nor touch the ball.  But apparently in Gruden's world its PI for just standing with your back turned.

But as someone else said, this team thrives on disrespect.

#11 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

I thought it was in bad taste.  They comb through our history and start picking out crap.  What about all the calls that cost us games?  Is there a compliment video as well, because there surely is enough instances?

They could do that with every team.  Whatever.  I thought ESPN's coverage of the game was laughable.  What was up with the bad sky angle of Jacoby's kick off return late in the 4th.  The lack of replays.  etc.

Posted Image

#12 ravensfan2430

ravensfan2430

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

I think it is funny that people still talk about the refs giving teams calls. When are people going to realize that they are not playing favorites, but rather they are just terrible at their job. They prove this week in and week out.

GO Ravens!!

#13 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,835 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

The clip package was bad enough, but it was ridiculous when Gruden insinuated that Chykie had interfered with Emmanuel Sanders on that 2 pt. conversion try. That was in no way, shape, or form pass interference. 

That was insane lol 

2mhhjsi.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Patriots GM

#14 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,624 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

So they went back in our history and displayed some calls that went in our favor? Why? What is the point of doing that? I realize they hate us, but what is the point other than trying to drag our name through the mud?
And why us? New England would have been able to supply them with hours of clips.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#15 Poes Crows

Poes Crows

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yeah I wasn't thrilled with ESPN's coverage.  Grudden went on and on about the arm bar.  It was completely unnecessary to carry on about it as if it were his team.  Both teams got away with a lot of calls.  It's football, let them play.

Gruden is a guy in search of an identity.  He want's to be recognized as a top coach, but no one wants him.  The owners recognize he was Gifted a Tampa Bay team on the threshold of greatness and that he ran it into the ground in short order.

He is without a doubt the biggest Prima Donna in broadcasting and this fan refuses to listen to him.  It's all about his insight and aggrandizement.  When Gruden opens his yap to blather on, this fan literally hits the mute button and watches without sound until the blatherer shuts his pie hole.

He has a tendency to make happy talk about every player. Remember his love affair with Tim Tebow?  He had Tebow over for mechanics lessons and proclaimed him ready to star in the league. His football I.Q. really is minimal.

ESPN must dump his pompous butt.

John Smith of Titanic lore did not board a lifeboat Ozzie. A Captain that has blundered does the honorable thing. He goes down with his ship.

#16 BOLDnPurPnBlacK

BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

That clip of PI penalties was insulting. And how Gruden went on and on about Webb's armbar. Yes - it should have been PI.

But neither broadcaster said much about the PI on Marlon Brown that screwed us out of a 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. Browns arms were held and then he gets drilled helmet to helmet.... and they give us the 15 yarder. BS

All Gruden said was.... "That looked like PI to me. Hmm." And then moved right on. It was just as blatant as Webbs...

It should have been PI so ball at the spot of the foul and then an unnecessary roughness, helmet-to-helmet added on to the end of the play so half the distance to the goal. Instead we got 15 yds and had to settle for a FG. The non-call on Webb was simply righting the wrong.

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK, 17 December 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Google me.

#17 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Did anyone else notice the graphic that had already given the lions the win when they were discussing playoff standing for the nfc in the post game show .they had to make a correction. I only watch espn for monday night football the rest i don't bother. I can not stand gruden or his playcalling and i pray he gets a head coaching job soon so he is off mnf.

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#18 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

That clip of PI penalties was insulting. And how Gruden went on and on about Webb's armbar. Yes - it should have been PI.

But neither broadcaster said much about the PI on Marlon Brown that screwed us out of a 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. Browns arms were held and then he gets drilled helmet to helmet.... and they give us the 15 yarder. BS

All Gruden said was.... "That looked like PI to me. Hmm." And then moved right on. It was just as blatant as Webbs...

It should have been PI so ball at the spot of the foul and then an unnecessary roughness, helmet-to-helmet added on to the end of the play so half the distance to the goal. Instead we got 15 yds and had to settle for a FG. The non-call on Webb was simply righting the wrong.

Yeah very little talk about the noncall on Marlon being pass interfered with at the one yard line .It was very obvious. 

#19 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

All I'm saying is we beat the crap out of every team ESPN has been praising and butt kissing them ever since; they are just being sour grapes and sorry butt loser pundits.....

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#20 DraiNBamagE

DraiNBamagE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

This is one of the reasons I love this team; no respect no matter what and it just seems to motivate them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users