10 replies to this topic

#1 Hey Diddle

Hey Diddle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

I thought the steelers game was Jim Caldwelles best play calling yet this year!  I was impressed by how he switched up the run and pass on 1st down, all the deep routes he called, also the new play's really worked good, like the quick screen to Marlon, I think he did a great job. 

Let me know what you think about his play calling?

#2 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

People complained about it a lot, but many people fail to remember we had a new starting receiver in Marlon Brown and entirely new receivers in Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely. Add in that Tandon Doss never had a big role and it was essentially a new cast of receivers. With no running game, it was hard for Caldwell to get creative. Now that the offensive line seems to be set and have chemistry, along with the receivers being more comfortable and used to the offense, Caldwell can call more creative and complex plays. It comes at no surprise to me that he's getting better as the season progresses.

#3 BenMir

BenMir

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I really liked using PA twice in a row.
Also,Brown is great in YAC so more screens to him!

#4 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Jim Caldwell's playcalling? Let's see... there is extraordinary, then there is ordinary, so there must also be intraordinary.

Jim Caldwell's playcalling is INTRAORDINARY (even if it is a made up word, you get my point surely?).
"We are the Champions my friends"!

#5 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Jim Caldwell's playcalling? Let's see... there is extraordinary, then there is ordinary, so there must also be intraordinary.Jim Caldwell's playcalling is INTRAORDINARY (even if it is a made up word, you get my point surely?).

No Pitta or Boldin, no running game, a new LG, C, and LT, not to mention a massive regression of Oher. He had an undrafted rookie free agent starting after Jacoby went down. How complex could he get?

#6 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

The playcalling against Pittsburgh was ok but we still only reached the endzone once.... We won that game on the foot of Tucker. 

I'd love to know where the playcalling went that won us the Super Bowl last season. 

"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#7 Hey Diddle

Hey Diddle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Im hoping the steelers game was the start of some extraordinary play-calling by Caldwell.  And, now he has all of his chess pieces back, let's get this offense rolling!

#8 Hey Diddle

Hey Diddle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

The playcalling against Pittsburgh was ok but we still only reached the endzone once.... We won that game on the foot of Tucker. 

I'd love to know where the playcalling went that won us the Super Bowl last season. 

The false starts on Oher, killed 3 of those TD chances, I think the playcalling seemed more fluid then its been all year!

#9 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think you are right on point. As our offense has matured this year the play calling for both Pees and Caldwell have been becoming more creative. Our passing game is coming along well and our defense is getting pure awesome. Wish we had a run game but hey 2 out of 3 ani't bad. lol

Winning is being able to have a relentless attitude

Be relentless!

#10 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

We saw what he dialed up in the playoffs. It's not like he decided to go vanilla on us all of a sudden. Once he gets the pieces put back together, he'll make it more effective again.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#11 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

We saw what he dialed up in the playoffs. It's not like he decided to go vanilla on us all of a sudden. Once he gets the pieces put back together, he'll make it more effective again.

I have to believe getting Pitta back will help some, that is depending on the kind of player Pitta is when he's back.

Its near impossible to call an offensive game when you don't have anyone to target over the middle.  Caldwell this year was working with outside speed guys, a crap run game, garbage for TEs and no slot WR.

How on earth could anyone put up points?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users