51 replies to this topic

#1 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

Many of our Ravens fans and critics alike have been dissapointed with Joe Flacco not reaching 4,000 passing yards in a single regular season. With four games left and just under 3,000 yards he could get it done with about 250 yards a game. Normally this is the time of year that we run the ball, but that has been ineffective this year. Is it possible? Can this be done? We shall see, starting on Sunday.

This was via phone, I appoligize for possible typos :-P

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I think he throws for 5000 because he's "The Flacco."

#3 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Let the 4,000 yard years go to the guys who normally watch Flacco in the post-season. Just keep winning and playing your game, Fiery Flacco!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 06 December 2013 - 03:27 PM.
Profanity.

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

#4 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I think the defenses we face from now on give him a good chance to surpass 4000. Usually at this time of year we'd be going heavy run game but I don't think that will work out this year.

#5 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

He would have had it if he played the Bengals game last year. I just hope him and Pitta can get reacquainted very quickly. I know it's asking a lot, but if they can get some semblance of chemistry before tthe Lions game we will be in a very good position for the rest of the season.

#6 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,624 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm a lot more excited for the race to an unprecedented six consecutive playoff appearances to start off a career. Keep the stats...I want the W's

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#7 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

Troy Aikman never did that, either.  If Joe gets a couple more rings and that gold jacket, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.  Neither will I.

#8 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm a lot more excited for the race to an unprecedented six consecutive playoff appearances to start off a career. Keep the stats...I want the W's

Flynismo always keeping it legit. You are right dude. How many years have you seen Stafford throw for 5k and be sitting at home in the playoffs? Its the W that counts.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#9 Mr. Nobody

Mr. Nobody

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

the home games we got are both games where Joe can have 300+ yards - the vikes' D is bad vs pass and Patriots could be a high scoring game again

the game at Detroit will be a high yardage game with the way their offense is going, so Joe could get 300+ yards again

for the last game it all depends on where we're at then, but we'll more than likely attack them by passing...

#10 cravnravn

cravnravn

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Isnt B-More in for some crappy weather this Sunday?

If so, the 250 yards might be out the window.

Edited by cravnravn, 06 December 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#11 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Isnt B-More in for some crappy weather this Sunday?

If so, the 250 yards might be out the window.

Yeah, they said its going to snow here.

#12 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, they said its going to snow here.

Our boy Joe throws it in all weather. The Mile High Miracle was in very cold conditions. 

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#13 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yep

Wait, is that Arya Stark dancing?

Anyway, it's pretty amazing, that Joe is on his way to a carreer high in passing yards with so little surrounding him. This might be the worst group of players he ever had the misfortune of playing with.
Torrey will be our ONE 1000 yards receiver and all the other players are waaaaay behind. We really need to get Joe some weapons in the next draft.

bJNF689.jpg

#14 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

They'll still complain

#15 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Wait, is that Arya Stark dancing?

Anyway, it's pretty amazing, that Joe is on his way to a carreer high in passing yards with so little surrounding him. This might be the worst group of players he ever had the misfortune of playing with.
Torrey will be our ONE 1000 yards receiver and all the other players are waaaaay behind. We really need to get Joe some weapons in the next draft.

Even worse, 

Torrey may be our only 1.000 yard player. Period

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#16 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Even worse, 

Torrey may be our only 1.000 yard player. Period

The whole "receiver by committee" idea is bad. The passing offense has only been able to improve after Joe started klicking with Jacoby again, who imho is still not a true #2. We really need to give Joe that consistent complement to Torrey to get higher production out of the passing game. All I see on our roster right now is a decent #1 (Torrey) and a couple #3s. Having just 1 1000 yards receiver is not a good recipe for victories.

I am getting so nervous, when I think of the next NFL draft. Oz is so defensive minded sometimes and he really needs to commit to the WR position next year. We just need to find that player to play opposite of Torrey so badly and this season shows it.

bJNF689.jpg

#17 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

The whole "receiver by committee" idea is bad. The passing offense has only been able to improve after Joe started klicking with Jacoby again, who imho is still not a true #2. We really need to give Joe that consistent complement to Torrey to get higher production out of the passing game. All I see on our roster right now is a decent #1 (Torrey) and a couple #3s. Having just 1 1000 yards receiver is not a good recipe for victories.

I am getting so nervous, when I think of the next NFL draft. Oz is so defensive minded sometimes and he really needs to commit to the WR position next year. We just need to find that player to play opposite of Torrey so badly and this season shows it.

doesn't help when we don't even have a 1.000 rusher (and most likely wont) We still don't even have 1,000 rushing yards for the season. Joe's weapons are in deed lacking.

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#18 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

I just, completely disagree.

We have Marlon Brown. We have Thompson. Doss is coming along. Jacoby, prior to his injury & since coming back looks like a true #2 to me. It is Torrey that isn't yet a true #1. He definitely will be a #1, the talent is all there, he just isn't quite there yet.

I think we're fine with the group we have to be honest. How about we try to NOT bring in a lot of new pieces for Joe to have to find chemistry with next season? Just for something different lol

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#19 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hasn't it been really crappy weather for pretty much all of our last 5 or 6 games?  It's been crazy windy every game, fairly cold to frigid most of them, and rainy in a few of them.

#20 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

In the ravens games I've watched over the years,
I really think Flacco progressed a lot this season

I know the stats or wins don't show all of it, but the reality is he's doing the very best he can with the talent surrounding him. The fact that he's on the verge of leading this team to the post season again (without a running game, great OL or good weapons) really impresses me. I believe after Torrey the most yards from a reciever is Dallas Clark.

Flacco has really overcome the obstacles and continues to impress me. With Pitta back and o the ravens land a good weapon or two via draft the Ravens could be legit title condenters assuming the run game gets re established along with the return of a healthy KO

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users