So I think it's time to rank our offseason needs. We are horrible. I've been an optimist this whole time but we have no chance at a Super Bowl. Getting back Dennis Pitta just isn't enough. We have major issues on every side of the ball.
Starting with coaching:
1. We have an obvious move. Caldwell needs to be demoted back to QB's coach and we need a real offensive coordinator. It was a nice try, and I don't blame Caldwell for everything, but he isn't creative or experienced enough to make best use with what we have.
Luckily there looks to be plenty of options out there. Depending on what happens with the Texans, there may be some top notch O-Coordinators available.
2. Don't blame Pees. I know he gets a lot of hate, but our Secondary is inept. Webb isn't himself but hopefully will return to full form. Revis is having similar difficulties as well so don't give up on him yet.
3. Moeller should be fired. From our poor O-line play to his DUI issues I think it's time for him to go.
1. Tight End. While I doubt we lose Pitta in the offseason we still need another tight end. Teams have been going with two tight ends forever. Luckily for us, we can probably snag the top ranked TE in the 2nd round.
2. Offensive Line- While I rank this as #2, We should probably use our 1st round pick for this spot. Many areas of need. Center and RT are our top areas of need. KO just needs time to heal and Yanda has been playing with an injury as well. I'm guessing they will be back to form next season.
3. Secondary- I ranked this 3rd for various reasons. The first is that CB take time to mature so spending a pick high in the draft may not be the best idea. Jimmy Smith has been doing very very well this season. Webb is not what he used to be, but we have no way to unload his contract. We can just hope he returns to form next season.
On top of this, Graham is just horrid. Chykie is gradually getting better and I'm hoping Asa Jackson will play well when he returns.
Edited by dhstandard, 03 November 2013 - 07:50 PM.