Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdynamite

Torrey Smith's 2013 season statistics

78 posts in this topic

Torrey Smith is having a great start to this season, through 4 games he has 21 rec, 435 yards, 20.7 avg.

So that projects to 84 rec 1740 yards. I doubt he continues to average 20.7 avg but if he averaged 16 or 17 avg like the previous 2 seasons it would still be pretty impressive considering he is getting double covered and sometimes tripled.

84 rec at 16 avg would be 1344 yards.

Torrey could finish in the top 10 rec yards easily with that type of yardage.

What type of contract would he then be in line for?

Is there any way Ozzie can lock him up with an extension now!

Torrey Smith's going to be a pro bowler at this rate.

He's a #1. Even vs that horrible secondary lol.

WR #2 is the biggest need.

I think Brown can be a possession WR, but another Burner is necessary imo.

I'm Watkins a lot more now lol

They have to have at least made contact to try to get a deal done. They started with Oher around this time, although nothing has materialized. Torrey is going nowhere. I can't imagine that they haven't already had some discussions.

Impressive stats so far. He's worked out that full route tree. He's no longer a go route only type of guy. He can beat anyone on any type of route. It's amazing how much he's progressed from his first preseason.

They have to have at least made contact to try to get a deal done. They started with Oher around this time, although nothing has materialized. Torrey is going nowhere. I can't imagine that they haven't already had some discussions.

Impressive stats so far. He's worked out that full route tree. He's no longer a go route only type of guy. He can beat anyone on any type of route. It's amazing how much he's progressed from his first preseason.

I've heard Marlon has learned a lot from Torrey who is Boldin's best student. 

Torrey is no brain a great asset to our offense and leader in our receiving core, leading by examples....

We are blessed and lucky to have him. He will go down as the best receiver in Ravens history by the time he is done.

He also found out that he's going to be a father, so congrats to him!

He looks so much more polished and faster to me. I'm confident in calling him a true #1 now.

Besides Joe, Torrey might be the most important "can't live without guy" on our offense.

It's debatable between him & Yanda but I can't imagine where we'd be at without him.

Torrey Smith's going to be a pro bowler at this rate.

He's a #1. Even vs that horrible secondary lol.

WR #2 is the biggest need.

I think Brown can be a possession WR, but another Burner is necessary imo.

I'm Watkins a lot more now lol

Once Jones is healthy we have that other burner and I have confidence in Brown growing into the number 2

He also found out that he's going to be a father, so congrats to him!

He looks so much more polished and faster to me. I'm confident in calling him a true #1 now.

Besides Joe, Torrey might be the most important "can't live without guy" on our offense.

It's debatable between him & Yanda but I can't imagine where we'd be at without him.

I dont think it's debatable at all. The offensive pecking order is:

1) Flacco 2) Torrey 3) Rice 4) Yanda

Yanda is lowest, because the guys around him are so bad, that it really doesn't matter if he's there or not. Defense will just exploit everyone else on the line

Could have a better year than AJ green. LOL and people told me he can't be relied on enough.

I dont think it's debatable at all. The offensive pecking order is:

1) Flacco 2) Torrey 3) Rice 4) Yanda

Yanda is lowest, because the guys around him are so bad, that it really doesn't matter if he's there or not. Defense will just exploit everyone else on the line

I would list BAL's entire O-line at #1.  Without competent play from them, Flacco gets pressured into making bad throws and the RBs get completely stonewalled.

Torrey Smith has come a long way.  He still tends to "body catch" some balls.  Is he as sure a bet to come away with a "must have" catch as Boldin or Pitta? I don't think so, but he's still improving.

As far as "burners", the Ravens are loaded. Smith is one, Jacoby Jones and Thompson. We have "take the top off guys". That's not the issue.

He looks so much more polished and faster to me.

He's .4 faster in the 40 since he cut his hair.    :P

Torrey is one of my top five favorite Ravens right now. High class and a baller. 

Happy to hear he has a little one on the way. Congrats to him!

He needs help, defenses are going to key in on him and he's going to burn out.

They've already been keying in on him. 

They've already been keying in on him. 

It's only going to get worse if the ground game continues to splutter along, Torrey looked exhausted near the end of the Bills game.

He needs help, defenses are going to key in on him and he's going to burn out.

If Brown could stay healthy he would get that help. I never expected Brown to score three TDs in his first season. He is a great Redzone Threat. They will both be much better when Pitta is coming back.

Thompson could be that second burner that some requested already. Just needs to stay healthy as well...

Right now the only guy who is really hurting us is dickson and clark!

Honestly, I'd rather we run four WR sets ask the time with Smith, Jacoby, Brown and Thompson. Forget the TE.

Honestly, I'd rather we run four WR sets ask the time with Smith, Jacoby, Brown and Thompson. Forget the TE.

I seem to recall the announcers saying that is exactly what the Patriots are doing now. Put your best players on the field regardless of position (besides the obvious necessary ones).

Torrey is far and away the best playmaker we have on offense now. We need to get him the ball more. I know he had a ton of yards against the Bills but on only 5 catches. That needs to be more like 10. I'm not blaming Torrey. Our gameplan needs to be built around getting him the ball. Good offenses feed their playmakers the ball and Torrey is the only one we have right now.

Important!

From [twitter]torreysmithwr[/twitter] via Tweeter:

Cold Stone would be lovely right now....random

I smell bargaining chip.

Important!

I smell bargaining chip.

what?

Torrey is far and away the best playmaker we have on offense now. We need to get him the ball more. I know he had a ton of yards against the Bills but on only 5 catches. That needs to be more like 10. I'm not blaming Torrey. Our gameplan needs to be built around getting him the ball. Good offenses feed their playmakers the ball and Torrey is the only one we have right now.

smith has the 10th most targets in the league with 40, no.1 is 50

Important!

I smell bargaining chip.

Bargaining??

Cold Stone is an ice cream joint lol

smith has the 10th most targets in the league with 40, no.1 is 50

How many of those are bombs that fall incomplete? My point was we need more completed passes. I'm talking bubble screens, short comeback routes, and quick slants. An easy completion to build confidence and get the ball in the hands of our best playmaker. We saw what Torrey did in the preseason on a slant route against the Falcons. He took it to the house on a relatively simple pass. If that 70 yarder to Torrey doesn't connect than the stats and the game look a whole lot different. And lets face it, we don't connect on very many bombs. I seem to recall reading that our completion percentage on deep passes was below average last year. We just threw deep so often it sort of overshadowed it.

No sure why all the negative post have 20+ pages but a positive post like this about one of our brightest young stars fizzle's out after only 2 pages.

Torrey has been great thus far and the fact that he doesn't have much help outside of Brown right now is simply amazing.  It's really pointless to think about because it won't happen right now, but I can't help to wonder how much better Torrey's numbers would look if we had a guy like Pitta to command attention in the middle of the field. Jacoby and/or DT taking the top off the defense on the opposite side and Brown bring that physical presence as a possession type WR. Minus Brown those were the plans for this offense during the offseason, but injuries derailed those plans.

JJ and DT should be inserted into the offense soon enough and Brown will just continue to get better and better. If the oline can improve, Flacco and Torrey will put up some huge numbers. Torrey is putting up some really impressive numbers this year, but I'm still waiting for that take over type performance. The type of performance we saw from Boldin at times, they type that you expect a #1 WR to have, where he just puts the team on his back and says, Get on my Back. I know he has it in him and the more he gets comfortable in his role as the #1 the more those type of performances will come. imo

No sure why all the negative post have 20+ pages but a positive post like this about one of our brightest young stars fizzle's out after only 2 pages.
imo

Probably because there's not much debate here. Everyone has the same sentiment, so there's not too much discussion that can go on.

He's like 2nd in the league in yards. And that's without a running game or legitimate receiving option beside him.

We have our legitimate #1 receiver. And he's only getting better.

Probably because there's not much debate here. Everyone has the same sentiment, so there's not too much discussion that can go on.

But everything doesn't have to be a debate of who's good or bad. I completely understand what you are saying. It's more of a wishful thinking on my part and just being feed up with all the doom and gloom.