Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobFuseRaven

Ravens sign RB Shaun Draughn for returns

79 posts in this topic

I have no idea who this guy is.   But if he is being signed for returns then that means Doss is there for either WR depth or to take the #3 spot from Stokley.

He was the third string runninback in Kansas City. I remember seeing a few good things out of him when Jamaal Charles went down.

This is a guy who looked decent given very limited playing opportunities. I don't see him playing outside of special teams, though.

I know his name I just can't think of who he is. Former Chiefs or Redskins I think.

Confused by this signing.

Decent return guy for sure, Have to have someone back there other then Webb. Rainey is a better returner though imo .. oh well, lol. 

Don't know who goes. We're back to having 7 WRs. I doubt we cut Trawick since 8 in the secondary would be dangerously low. The move makes sense, but not sure how Doss fits in now.

Wonder who gets cut for him, I had assumed Tandon would do the returns

I guess they signed Doss to be a receiver first. If they wanted to be fair they should cut the safety that hurt Jones.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8m

Ravens have signed shaun draughn for returns says he's excited for opportunity

Personally, I like this signing.

Let me be the First to say probably a bit late though.

Really, REALLY,  so remind me why we got rid of Rainey.

Anybody with half a brain about football would know you need more than 2 RB in the first place. Let alone, to let a Great RB go ( Rainey ).  Rainey is a gem and there is No Excuse to let him go in the first place.

But i see how this Front Office is panning out with Resigning Doss anyways.  Wake up, im soooo sick of people saying Ozzie can do no wrong, because there is plenty that has been done wrong this yr alone.  I understand that we were hit hard with injuries but some these injuries happened a few months ago, that is plenty of time to find a replacement but i just dont get how some of these players still have jobs and others our thrown out when you see how good they are.  

Its Pride and Stubborness.

Oh side note,   Harbs can you please call a time out once and a while.  We dont get roll overs timeouts for the next game. No point of not using them when our Defense clearly needs a rest and it would help stop the no huddle. 

I guess they signed Doss to be a receiver first. If they wanted to be fair they should cut the safety that hurt Jones.

I think they still like him but it's possible. He could go through waivers and then down to PS

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 8m

Ravens have signed shaun draughn for returns says he's excited for opportunity

Personally, I like this signing.

This is a good sign for special teams! He will return kicks,and Doss will return punts. Do you know what Drauhn's 40 time is?

Anybody with half a brain about football would know you need more than 2 RB in the first place. Let alone, to let a Great RB go ( Rainey ).  Rainey is a gem and there is No Excuse to let him go in the first place.

But i see how this Front Office is panning out with Resigning Doss anyways.  Wake up, im soooo sick of people saying Ozzie can do no wrong, because there is plenty that has been done wrong this yr alone.  I understand that we were hit hard with injuries but some these injuries happened a few months ago, that is plenty of time to find a replacement but i just dont get how some of these players still have jobs and others our thrown out when you see how good they are.  

Oh side note,   Harbs can you please call a time out once and a while.  We dont get roll overs timeouts for the next game. No point of not using them when our Defense clearly needs a rest and it would help stop the no huddle. 

I don't think Ozzie is completely at fault,I think Harbaugh has been given more rope with who he wants and doesn't want! A lot of this mess is on Harbs not Oz. Stuberness is a great word for Harbaugh,along with prideful,and untrusting!!

Ozzie is the man in all things football....

except for WR!

He just can't seem to figure this aspect of the game out. Of course folks will post up about Torrey Smith and what an amazing find. Blind squirrel and a nut. Paying Boldin the 6 mil would have kept Joe with two solid targets in Pitta and Boldin. No, Oz can not predict the future so he had no way of knowing about Pitta's future. He did see the lack of quality behind Smith and cut Boldin for the money aspect. Oz was probably thinking he was sitting pretty with the WR corps that we had. I am praying that Brown works out, if he doesn't Joe is going to have a rough season.

SMH

Lol at the Rainey complaints. Geez. I loved the guy and even I don't complain about him.

Cool signing. Let's hope he can give us some return potential.

This is a good sign for special teams! He will return kicks,and Doss will return punts. Do you know what Drauhn's 40 time is?

He ran a 4.73 at combine and 4.62 at his pro day.

No one is saying that Ozzie does no wrong. We simply recognize him as one of the best GMs in the game. We just won a Super Bowl and are one of the most consistent teams of the last decade. Would you rather have a team like the Raiders? You seem angry for no reason.

These guys constantly bashing Ozzie are getting a bit annoying. How many more times does he have to make a fool out of you for second guessing him before the whining stops?

These guys constantly bashing Ozzie are getting a bit annoying. How many more times does he have to make a fool out of you for second guessing him before the whining stops?

he doesnt always get it right. i feel this may be one of those years.

I'm not sure what defines a good or a bad kick returner, but here are his stats from last year w/KC:

23 returns for 537 yards, averaging 23.3 yards per return.  Out of those he went 20+ 19 times, his long was 41 yards, no scores, and he had 1 fumble.

I'm not sure what defines a good or a bad kick returner, but here are his stats from last year w/KC:

23 returns for 537 yards, averaging 23.3 yards per return.  Out of those he wen't 20+ 19 times, his long was 41 yards, no scores, and he had 1 fumble.

Better than Webb or Pierce getting injured lol. Doss is an underwhelming returner also. I would've rather had a speedy small guy like Phillip Livas.

his 40 time is almost 4.8 seconds... i'm confused, how is that good for covering ground on special teams... don't we have a TE that can run faster than him?

he doesnt always get it right. i feel this may be one of those years.

We heard that a few years ago as well, when we let Mason, Heap, Gregg and JJ go...it would be wise to wait til after the season before bashing him

Living in Kansas (Chiefs viewing area) this guy sucks, I did not ever see anything that made him signable or a good KR etc.

Confused by this, wonder who was cut.