98 replies to this topic

#81 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Brandon just said he would like us to go into the next game with only Dickson at the TE position so that we can sign Ivory Wade.

Honestly, I don't think there is much we can do in terms of moves.

#82 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Brandon just said he would like us to go into the next game with only Dickson at the TE position so that we can sign Ivory Wade.

Yeah I was going to point that out, but there's obviously no way of getting through to Brandon.  I don't even know who Ivory Wade is.  I consider myself a fan of football and know tons of football players, but he pulls these names out of nowhere.

#83 RavensFan34950

RavensFan34950

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

LOL Cary Williams sucks huh?

HalotiNgatacopy.jpg

#84 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

LOL Cary Williams sucks huh?

One game does not make a man, he will lose his cool and cost his team 

#85 RavensFan34950

RavensFan34950

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

One game does not make a man, he will lose his cool and cost his team 

Yea he sure hurt the last team he played for huh? All the hate was just ridiculous.

Edited by RavensFan34950, 09 September 2013 - 09:28 PM.

HalotiNgatacopy.jpg

#86 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

I said cut Bajema and Clark then sign Jake Ballard and promote Matt Furtsenburg to the active Roster then cut Anthony Levine and Ivory Wade a center/guard who provides depth and versatility at any of the three interior positions
"Its not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward!...thats how winning is done!"-Rocky
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#87 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

With only 4 corners on the roster and with Huff being able to play corner if necessary, we need another corner. I know that the coaches are counting on Asa once he comes back because he is so young and homegrown. He also is valued on ST. So we won't have 5 corners until half way through the season after Asa's suspension.

I hope we add Moe Lee back
"Its not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward!...thats how winning is done!"-Rocky

#88 reediddy

reediddy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Ramses Barden was released today by the G-men....wouldn't mind him on the team

410 to 858

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2012-13

63W + 11TD + 0INT + 1SB + 1SBMVP = ELITE

#89 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

I said cut Bajema and Clark then sign Jake Ballard and promote Matt Furtsenburg to the active Roster then cut Anthony Levine and Ivory Wade a center/guard who provides depth and versatility at any of the three interior positions

Ah, so we have to go through all your posts and put combine all the ideas listed.  That makes it difficult to follow your complicated train of thought.  This was the post I was referring to, which has not mention of Ballard or Furstenburg:

The steelers picked up Fernando Velasco so he is out Brandon Lloyd is looking at retirement so he is out as well both Robinson and Collie have to many Injury problems so they are out to as for cornerback we could call back Moe Lee who had the best training camp according to the coaches  an we could sign a rookie in Cobi Hamilton off the Bengals squad to get at a division rival, so Moe Lee and Cobi Hamilton could be help and since we need lineman how about we sign Ivory Wade a versatile offensive lineman who could help provide the versatility and depth we need then have A.Q Shipely back up Kelechi Osemele and Jah Reid back up Marshal Yanda then sign another lineman a backup RT preferably Reid Fragel the guy our scouts craved about in the draft go get him off the Bengals practice squad so in all our additions would be the following

Ivory Wade

Cobi Hamilton

Reid Fragel

Moe Lee

we can then waive 

Tandon Doss 

Anthony Levine

Billy Bajema

Dallas Clark

Brynden Trawick  

then Promote Omar Brown to the Active Roster

It seems like you always think everyone available, whatever position, is clearly better than everyone we currently have.

#90 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Ramses Barden was released today by the G-men....wouldn't mind him on the team

Isn't he injured? I really like his potential and size, but that's all he is. Just potential. We already have receivers with potential and a guy with size, Marlon Brown.

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#91 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

its not going to happen  especially since Matt Furts is not ready and why would the ravens add ivory wade over what we already have ? he's just another rookie also undrafted  and  there hasnt been any news that he has been impressive in preseason games or training camp as well

Edited by jazz1988, 11 September 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#92 reediddy

reediddy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Isn't he injured? I really like his potential and size, but that's all he is. Just potential. We already have receivers with potential and a guy with size, Marlon Brown.

He had a decent game last year (9 catches 138 yards I believe) against the Panthers, so the potential amounted to a pretty impressive game. Given the dearth of receivers, especially now with Mellette on IR, I think he's worth the shot if he's healthy. To your point he was released on injury settlement, I think for a knee injury

410 to 858

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2012-13

63W + 11TD + 0INT + 1SB + 1SBMVP = ELITE

#93 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yea he sure hurt the last team he played for huh? All the hate was just ridiculous.

If he hadn't managed to shove the most lenient ref in the NFL, he would have cost us the Super Bowl.

#94 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Can we add Moe Lee back to the Active Roster to play in the Nickel and on special teams our secondary coach said he had a marvelous training camp

#95 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Can we add Moe Lee back to the Active Roster to play in the Nickel and on special teams our secondary coach said he had a marvelous training camp

Who do we cut?
15fqib6.jpg

#96 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Who do we cut?

Anthony Levine 

#97 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Can Ozzie Newsome make some Bold trades before the Deadline like the Colts GM Ryan Grigson did lets start by trading Ed Dickson to the Oakland Raiders for Nick Kasa and a 7th Round Pick

Edited by Brandon22, 19 September 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#98 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

My ignore function doesn't work

@gabefergy

#99 Puntit

Puntit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Can Ozzie Newsome make some Bold trades before the Deadline like the Colts GM Ryan Grigson did lets start by trading Ed Dickson to the Oakland Raiders for Nick Kasa and a 7th Round Pick

First, nobody is going to trade anything of value for a TE who is having trouble catching the ball. Second, trades have to make sense, not just done for the sake of turning over inventory. None of the players you have mentioned in this thread are actually better than the ones we have on the roster. None. If they were, they would likely not be available. Third, it's far too early to totally give up on Dickson in favor of a no name. If there is a viable alternative we can get I'm sure we will have them work out for us, like we did with Ballard, but just to do a trade for trades sake is silly. Fourth, the good GMs do their due diligence early and don't have to make trades at the deadline. Im not sure why you are exhalting the Colts GM here -- he sought a trade once they got into a jam with their own RB situation. He didn't just go looking to do a trade for trades sake. He had a player lost for the season and so he made a few calls, so see what was possible. As all GMs, including Ozzie, do regularly. But he didn't just set out to do a trade. If an offer wasn't right, he wasn't going to take it. Nor should Ozzie do any of the suggestions you have made in your thread. The guys who made the 53 man roster did so for a reason. The Ravens liked who they had. In fact, they liked even more than the 53, as evidence from the fact that they filled up their practice squad with people they had already had in camp. At the moment they don't believe there is anyone out there who is available and affordable that would make this team better. If there was they would make the deal.

I like to play armchair GM as much as the next guy, but when it comes to posting ideas that are far off field, sometimes its better to just hold your tongue.

Edited by Puntit, 19 September 2013 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users