Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

latenighthero

Kenny Britt Rumor

249 posts in this topic

depends on the asking price , if they want a 6th or a 7th why not ? we ll be flush with draft picks next draft with all the FA that we lost .....if the price is right id pull the trigger , but id also put him on a short leash....

How do you make a guy like Britt turn into a player like we need though? Who do we need? Torrey Smith is going to have a great year. Since that's the case and Mellette and Brown are starting to show potential, I'm not too concerned about the receiving corps. Jacoby Jones has yet to show me he's #2 material and Stokley is really old. But we have two talented tight ends in Ed Dickson and Dallas Clark, being that he finally improves his chemistry with Flacco. So...what's the right price for a guy like Britt? When we're not too solid...but not shaky?

This is not going to happen. The guy is lazy and injury prone. Let's not get into the cam Cameron offense and keep taking washed up/old receivers, while our young wr's take a back seat. We have a ton of talent in Marlon Brown. He will be our number two wide out soon. We don't need a washed up Kenny Britt. Aaron Mellette has talent also.

This is not going to happen. The guy is lazy and injury prone. Let's not get into the cam Cameron offense and keep taking washed up/old receivers, while our young wr's take a back seat. We have a ton of talent in Marlon Brown. He will be our number two wide out soon. We don't need a washed up Kenny Britt. Aaron Mellette has talent also.

I agree that it's not going to happen, but you do realize Britt is only 24, right?

I agree that it's not going to happen, but you do realize Britt is only 24, right?

That's washed up now ;)

Well I'm screwed

Poor Nurps....

Anyway, trade NOT happening. Unless the Titans release him and he makes it to us in the Waivers somehow

Yea I know how old he is but I was talking about the past wide receivers we got via trade. Kenny Britt is young but that knee scares the hell out of me. One of many worries he has. We have plenty of talent in Brown and Mellette that we don't need to delay their progress. I really think Brown can take the number two spot. We don't need Kenny Britt at all.

I'd rather stick with the WRs we have. The young ones look good, but that was preseason. I can't wait to see how the offense looks without the "vanilla" preseason game plan.

Uh....Isaac Redman is the local kid out of Bowie State. Dwyer is from Georgia.

oops! Sorry my bad.

iveseen preseason warriors like marlon brown before....lets not getahead of ourselves.

I said this in a roster moves thread a week or more ago thinking that we were trying to trade Doss or LQ at the last minute for a late rd pick to package in with something else for a guy like Britt.

If the price is right I can't understand anyone not wanting to roll the dice on a guy like Britt.

I hear the health and behavior concerns but I think being here with Rice he would develop similar habits. There a lot to be said for that level of comfort. He would take that next step in becoming a true professional.

He's only 24 and he's not going to command a huge payday for the reasons everyone has mentioned. I think if we traded for him it wouldn't only be if we could extend him 2 more years without guaranteeing too much.

I mean where is it that people think he's going to get a huge pay day? The titans have spent the past 2 drafts replacing him and no team is going to pay legit starter money to an injury prone WR with behavior issues. He CAN be reasonably extended.

And I don't think he'd stunt the growth of our young guys. I don't think a move like this would happen and we would keep Jacoby. It's not like they're slated to get a ton as it is. You've already got Torrey, Jacoby, Stokley, and likely Deonte ahead of these guys. What did our 5-6th receivers do last year? Love their potential and would love even more to see them thrust into big roles, just don't see it happening even with our CURRENT roster, so I don't see it as an excuse not to make a move for a guy like Britt.

Facts are Britt has an injury and behavioral history but also has legitimate monster potential as our defense can personally attest to. Facts are also we don't bring him in unless its a trade with minimal compensation, a low risk/low pay extension, and ray rices guarantee that he's going to babysit his old buddy to make sure he's keeping his body right and staying out of trouble. It's also likely that Britt would be a much happier man playing with an old friend who is a leader on this team, a winning team, with a QB who can likely make a guy like Britt a monster WR.

The red flags are there, which is exactly why the upside is so high. I just think if you have the opportunity to add a guy with game changing talent to your roster without giving much up you do it, especially when you have the foundation and the one player who may be the best fit to help a guy like Britt reach his maximum.

Its interesting how often it seems we end up with ex titans.  Id love this move, especially if he broke out so i could rub it in my best friends face....as he is a titans fan

Fixed

1000yd, 12TD.....heading to the right direction for his another new nickname if that happens.....very excited

As a Raven's fan... I would LOVE to see this happen, even though I doubt it's anything more than just word of mouth. I'm not worried about off-the-field troubles.... Let's not forget Ray Lewis's incident... And the fact we picked up Donte Stallworth in the past after he pleaded to DUI Manslaughter... Injuries... Not too worried about that. All it takes is one season, and whether you want to admit it or not... Kenny is an upgrade from Jacoby and Brandon. If for a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder... I'd go for it. I'd still like to see Mellette and Brown out there on the field too. Either way... In Ozzie We Trust

Really you bring up stallworth? Despicable off the field and useless on it. Worst free agent this team has ever signed IMO. Britt it is hard to say. If he is top notch medically why would the titans trade him? Plus off field concerns. Doesn't seem like a harbaugh guy. I would have been more interested in Washington instead of stokley

Britt was a nice player a few years ago, explosive, big....but I dont know about him now, he's had knee surgery and had some problems off the field, I haven't heard anything about this rumor so I seriously doubt it's true...

besides we dont need anymore WRs

Really you bring up stallworth? Despicable off the field and useless on it. Worst free agent this team has ever signed IMO. Britt it is hard to say. If he is top notch medically why would the titans trade him? Plus off field concerns. Doesn't seem like a harbaugh guy. I would have been more interested in Washington instead of stokley

Why would they trade him? I think it's obvious that everyone, even Kenny Britt, knows that if he resigns with the Titans, he's only stunting his growth. That's like asking why did the Magic trade Dwight or why did we trade Anquan or why did the Bucs trade Aquib Talib, etc etc. It's because when you know talent isn't going to stay, you don't let it just walk if you don't think you can resign. You get the most out of it while you can. Right now before the season would be a perfect time to trade him while he still has some type of value. Why do people worry about off the field issues so much? I never understood that. As I said before, when a lot of those "off the field," troubled players get around the right personnel and group of people, those troubles don't happen as often. Jimmy Smith. Aquib Talib, etc. 

You mean to tell me you don't take a gamble on a 6"2', 24 year old wideout that runs a 4.47 and with a vert of 37" who even Randy Moss, one of the greatest to ever do it, said he can be an elite receiver if he gets his mind right!?!?!?

You don't win Super Bowls without taking gambles. 

I don't know how well this would go over but I'd trade Jacoby Jones for Britt.  JJ is a fantastic returner and is good for a few big plays a year as a receiver but doesn't offer that consistent threat.  

It'd be nice to still have Rainey, a healthy Deonte Thompson, a not suspended Asa Jackson, or even David Reed to fill in as a returner should this happen.  But still, I'd give up the Jacoby returns for a 24 year old Britt.

Why would they trade him? I think it's obvious that everyone, even Kenny Britt, knows that if he resigns with the Titans, he's only stunting his growth. That's like asking why did the Magic trade Dwight or why did we trade Anquan or why did the Bucs trade Aquib Talib, etc etc. It's because when you know talent isn't going to stay, you don't let it just walk if you don't think you can resign. You get the most out of it while you can. Right now before the season would be a perfect time to trade him while he still has some type of value. Why do people worry about off the field issues so much? I never understood that. As I said before, when a lot of those "off the field," troubled players get around the right personnel and group of people, those troubles don't happen as often. Jimmy Smith. Aquib Talib, etc. 

You mean to tell me you don't take a gamble on a 6"2', 24 year old wideout that runs a 4.47 and with a vert of 37" who even Randy Moss, one of the greatest to ever do it, said he can be an elite receiver if he gets his mind right!?!?!?

You don't win Super Bowls without taking gambles. 

Don't bring up the "troubles players get around the right personnel" bullcrap.  Nobody is baby sitting these guys.  It's one thing with Jimmy Smith who just got caught drinking alcohol his freshman year and suddenly he has no class.  Jimmy was never a problem guy.

Players make stupid decision because that's what they are, stupid.  It's not his friends making him act out.  They do it themselves.