Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

latenighthero

Kenny Britt Rumor

249 posts in this topic

I'm sure their searching message boards for random fans' inputs...

They're searching somewhere for their info. Gossip spreads like a wildfire, my friend.

They're searching somewhere for their info. Gossip spreads like a wildfire, my friend.

You're delusional if you truly think you started this rumor.

When you brush something off as "hearsay" after saying you have information from people "close to the situation", it sounds about as ambiguous and hazy as can be. Either you have something or you don't. And, if you don't, it's just a way to cover your butt while getting some attention to the show.

Color me unconvinced.

How true, how true. My favorite is the old "....according to an unidentified sorce close to the team......"

How true, how true. My favorite is the old "....according to an unidentified sorce close to the team......"

Just gotta "follow the buzzards"!

Just gotta "follow the buzzards"!

I'm sure there's a Skip Bayless joke in there some where.........I'll work on it!

I highly doubt that this is true.
If I were going for an injury prone WR who has a lot of depth behind them id go for Hakeem Nicks

That's just me tho

I can't get excited or upset about this yet - it all depends on what we would trade to get him. I don't know why anyone else has formed their opinion on this already. We don't know his price tag yet.

And none of them has 9 felony charges...

Don't care, if Ozzie felt that was OK then I would be completely on board with it. It's not like we would trade a high draft pick for him.

Pitta and Rice are the only ones that i see having better hands.

Hands soo good they know how to waive buhbye!
: P

Very good? Ok.

Nate Washington has put up good numbers. He's a good WR. Kendall Wright is injured but for how long we don't know. Hunter could become a Torrey Smith. It's hard to say. Damian Williams has looked really good this preseason. Kenny Britt has legit talent but he's got legit character concerns as well. This is one of the better WR corps in the league.

If I were going for an injury prone WR who has a lot of depth behind them id go for Hakeem Nicks

That's just me tho

Nicks would also be way harder to obtain...

Posted · Hidden by berad, September 1, 2013 - not needed · Report post

SeaHawk ban worthy now? Just blatantly making stuff up...

I'd think so. He willingly and knowingly distributed information he knew to be false. Isn't that how the rule is phrased?

I'd think so. He willingly and knowingly distributed information he knew to be false. Isn't that how the rule is phrased?

One would think. You cant just be a clown running around here making stuff and then having such a diluted idea of who cares what you said to think you started a rumor going around in the NFL.

What does everyone make of the rumour put out there by Purple Reign saying that:

#Ravens reportedly exploring trades for Titans WR Kenny Britt. Would be a HUGE upgrade over their current options opposite Torrey Smith.

I don't know much about them, so I was wondering how credible they are as a rumour source?

Would love this idea, but he wouldn't be too durable i'd imagine

That's just me tho

Hakeem Nicks would leave after a year since we couldn't pay him and Torrey. Britt wouldn't command nearly as much. 

Already done. Lots of back-story there that many members would cringe to hear.

Thank you!  I'm usually a pretty nice person but he contributed nothing meaningful to these boards.

Make the back-story, front page . I need a laugh!!

I really wanted Kenny Britt in 2009 draft. The guy is extreemly talented.

He only has one year left on his contract (this is his "contract" year), and he has a knee that was wrecked over a year ago that is now swelling on him during the preseason. He has off the field DUI's, and runinns with the po-po.

I would give nothing more than a 6th rounder as the Titans are not likely to keep Britt past this season anyway. We could take a chance like this and not really lose. Besides we let Anquan go for a 6th rounder under similar circumstances, so swapping Anquan for Britt doesn't sound horrible. We are rid of under achievers in Reid & Doss, and have very promising Mellette & Brown.

I say go for it because he is still young, and when healthy can be one of the most dominant receivers in the game.

As a Raven's fan... I would LOVE to see this happen, even though I doubt it's anything more than just word of mouth. I'm not worried about off-the-field troubles.... Let's not forget Ray Lewis's incident... And the fact we picked up Donte Stallworth in the past after he pleaded to DUI Manslaughter... Injuries... Not too worried about that. All it takes is one season, and whether you want to admit it or not... Kenny is an upgrade from Jacoby and Brandon. If for a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder... I'd go for it. I'd still like to see Mellette and Brown out there on the field too. Either way... In Ozzie We Trust