Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

latenighthero

Kenny Britt Rumor

249 posts in this topic

WHO else out there WR or TE that we can trade for, someone that's is underrated and that can come in contribute like the signings of JJ, leach, or pollard

He is a bum diva who isn't very good. He is Keyshawn Johnson wannabe. That to me is inviting plague to our team. So, NO!

Kenny Britt is never on the field. Hes either out with an injury or suspended. Why would we want that? Kenny Britt might be right, it could be his last year in Tennessee. But what is should realize is that this could possibly be his last team he plays for, for awhile. Not to many teams, despite him still being young,  want him

Signing or trading for Britt would be like the Donte Stallworth experiment......Howd that go?

Signing or trading for Britt would be like the Donte Stallworth experiment......Howd that go?

Nothing like the stallworth signing

Well true, I mean Jared Cook is doing quite well with Sam Bradford. Though, I wouldn't waste a draft pick on when we can get him in free agency. 

Too much $$$ in my honest opinion. It's Britt's first big payday and he'll be looking for a big one. Even if he's injury prone and doesn't have that expansive of a resume. 

WHO else out there WR or TE that we can trade for, someone that's is underrated and that can come in contribute like the signings of JJ, leach, or pollard

Nobody a team would be willing to part with...

More than that, it would have to be someone who costs very little money under the cap because we really only have cap space to pick up one or two league minimum players and you generally want to keep that kind of money handy in case you have injuries down the stretch. We couldn't pick up Britt's salary if we wanted to, and I don't think we want to, given all his baggage.

Wasn't Britt the guy who beat the Ravens defense up a couple seasons ago... I think it was like week 2, he dominated. 

Wasn't Britt the guy who beat the Ravens defense up a couple seasons ago... I think it was like week 2, he dominated. 

Yeah, he's had a couple of games where he put up Megatron type numbers (but not with the current QB throwing to him, I don't think), so he has a ton of untapped talent. But he's been horribly inconsistent, and repeatedly in trouble with the law. Not really what we need at a time when we are looking for people to step up as leaders.

We don't need receivers , we need a TE that can catch . I'm ok with Torrey,Marlon, Brandon & Jacoby

We've tried out Shianco, test drove Ballard. There's apparently nobody out there at a cap friendly salary who is better than who weve got.  So we have to fix Dickson's mechanics or design plays to minimize the need for TEs.

We've tried out Shianco, test drove Ballard. There's apparently nobody out there at a cap friendly salary who is better than who weve got.  So we have to fix Dickson's mechanics or design plays to minimize the need for TEs.

At this point ,I think we will be throwing less to our TE's because they can't catch.

The drop by  Hands of Stone DIckson at the beginning of the Brown game was enough for Caldwell & Joe to say no more

throws to him.

At this point ,I think we will be throwing less to our TE's because they can't catch.

The drop by  Hands of Stone DIckson at the beginning of the Brown game was enough for Caldwell & Joe to say no more

throws to him.

I think you continue to work with him in practice, and if (and only if) he looks good there, you give him another shot. If we can get him over this hurdle, the team will benefit a lot.

Was Kenny Britt that player was drunk going on a military installation?  If he was no thank you.  No respect. 

Was Kenny Britt that player was drunk going on a military installation?  If he was no thank you.  No respect. 

Yes, at Ft Campbell, Ky.

I think you continue to work with him in practice, and if (and only if) he looks good there, you give him another shot. If we can get him over this hurdle, the team will benefit a lot.

What concerns me about DIckson is he looks like he has lost some confidence.

That's a problem.

That's a problem.

So I guess us calling him Ed Drop-some on these boards isn't going to help.

So I guess us calling him Ed Drop-some on these boards isn't going to help.

As a professional athlete you better have a thick skin.You think Joe has taken some criticism

on this site over the years? It happens. those who excel get over it.

Nothing like the stallworth signing

Well stallworth would've been alot better if Cam stopped using him on those useless endarounds

That's a problem.

He straight up cannot catch, regardless of if he's feeling confident or not.

Dickson said "we need to get on the same page" /facepalm....

Word.He always had stone hands.

Well stallworth would've been alot better if Cam stopped using him on those useless endarounds

Doubtful -- he's already been on a couple of different teams since the Ravens for a reason.

Thank you. There is NO TE's available that will upgrade us apparently. I say give Frustenburg a chance, coach him up! He's fast (4.5) and is a good athlete plus a decent blocker. The potential is there and he can't be any worse than Dickson, and Clark!!! That being said, since there is no upgrade at Te available, the most logical thing would be to look to uprgade at Wr. Lets make Wr our strong point on offense... with Flacco's arm, a no huddle approach, and some play action we could conceivably be an instant SB contender with just one more threat,

I know Britt has been injured allot, trouble with law etc., and would require some savvy cap manuvering but how would you stop Britt, Torrey, Brown, JJ, and Stokely? You don't. Instead Flacco lights up the score board and the Ravens Take the respect, and props they deserve AGAIN.

Except Britt. Listen, some of you can choose to be close minded and picky about who we  acquire (if anyone), but he is the ONLY upgrade possible to our offensive weapons. If repeating is the goal here, then it is a no-brainer. Just like keeping Rainey was a no-brainer... A fresh start with a "pretty darn elite" QB in Flacco throwing him lasers he has never seen, with Torrey, JJ, Brown, a STRONG locker room, and Coaching staff, dominating defense, plus an above average running game (when the Oline blocks), and Caldwell calling the plays...

The reward outweighs the risks... If I were GM I would make this happen, lets say it panned out; our offense would be better than our SB winning offense. When inspired (like he was when he torched us 2 years ago) he appears to be a younger, faster, bigger version of Boldin... Currently Britt is in a stagnated situation in Tenn, Ozzie could probably get him at a bargain.

only issues i see with aquiring him are giving up a draft pick, he is a UFA in 2014 so this is a 1 year thing and his salary would basically eat up 80% of our remaining cap room not including all the other questions on injury history, character concerns, and why he isnt playing right now with the titans if he is somewhat valuable.

Thank you. There is NO TE's available that will upgrade us apparently. I say give Frustenburg a chance, coach him up! He's fast (4.5) and is a good athlete plus a decent blocker. The potential is there and he can't be any worse than Dickson, and Clark!!! That being said, since there is no upgrade at Te available, the most logical thing would be to look to uprgade at Wr. Lets make Wr our strong point on offense... with Flacco's arm, a no huddle approach, and some play action we could conceivably be an instant SB contender with just one more threat,

I know Britt has been injured allot, trouble with law etc., and would require some savvy cap manuvering but how would you stop Britt, Torrey, Brown, JJ, and Stokely? You don't. Instead Flacco lights up the score board and the Ravens Take the respect, and props they deserve AGAIN.

Except Britt. Listen, some of you can choose to be close minded and picky about who we  acquire (if anyone), but he is the ONLY upgrade possible to our offensive weapons. If repeating is the goal here, then it is a no-brainer. Just like keeping Rainey was a no-brainer... A fresh start with a "pretty darn elite" QB in Flacco throwing him lasers he has never seen, with Torrey, JJ, Brown, a STRONG locker room, and Coaching staff, dominating defense, plus an above average running game (when the Oline blocks), and Caldwell calling the plays...

The reward outweighs the risks... If I were GM I would make this happen, lets say it panned out; our offense would be better than our SB winning offense. When inspired (like he was when he torched us 2 years ago) he appears to be a younger, faster, bigger version of Boldin... Currently Britt is in a stagnated situation in Tenn, Ozzie could probably get him at a bargain.

First, he'd sap up half of our remaining available salary cap, so if we need to pick up someone for injury reasons down the stretch, we would be stuck. Its smart to keep a bit of wiggle room. Second he's coming off an injury and hasn't proven that he's the same guy that burned teams a couple of years ago. Third, he's got baggage - -legal and locker room issues. The Risks far far far far outweigh the rewards with this guy. Fourth, I have no clue what we'd have to give up, but its not so clear he's worth more than a very low round draft pick. Fifth, we are getting Deonte back so I'm not sure stretch the field type players are a good fit -- that seems to be all we have and to replace TEs you need more route runner types. The only instance the Ravens might consider it is if Tennessee eats his whole salary and wants something insignificant in return, which I dont really see happening.  So put this idea to rest -- its not a good solution for what ails us.

One idea is this: if we trade for Britt and give up say a 5th round pick, and he has a big year and leaves in free agency, he could get a decent deal and perhaps get us a 5th or possibly higher. It could be a way of turning a lower pick into a higher one. Granted, we wouldn't get the pick next draft but the one after.

One idea is this: if we trade for Britt and give up say a 5th round pick, and he has a big year and leaves in free agency, he could get a decent deal and perhaps get us a 5th or possibly higher. It could be a way of turning a lower pick into a higher one. Granted, we wouldn't get the pick next draft but the one after.

Sounds good in theory, but once again, money will be the issue.  Even though we'd only accrue $700-750K of his salary, that's a lot compared to what we have left.  We only have $1.8M left in cap room right now.  If we do get Britt by some chance, that knocks us down to the $1M range.  I don't know about you, but I'm not comfortable only having that much room in the event of injury.  I really think the only way we exhaust the cap is for a TE at this point.  I think we're more than comfortable with our WR core of Smith, Brown, and Stokley as a chain mover.  Doss will rotate in.  They're still very high on Deonte.  Jacoby will be back sooner in a few weeks.  As bad as this corps looked in preseason, the emergence of Marlon really helps out.  WR is no longer a priority, and I especially doubt we go with a headcase like Britt.

Sorry for the drawn out post.  Just using yours to transition into my thoughts lol.

All I'm saying is if we could get him at BARGAIN the arsenal of weapons at Flacco's disposal goes from good (Smith, Brown, Stokely, J.J.) to Excellent (Britt, Smith, Brown, Stokely, J.J.) IMO.

A D.C. nightmare when/if we add Pitta...

All I'm saying is if we could get him at BARGAIN the arsenal of weapons at Flacco's disposal goes from good (Smith, Brown, Stokely, J.J.) to Excellent (Britt, Smith, Brown, Stokely, J.J.) IMO.

A D.C. nightmare when/if we add Pitta...

There is very little evidence that Britt is still who he was before the recent injury. Right now Stokely has been more productive. And this signing would sap up cap space -- I don't know what you consider a bargain, but if we have to replace a player later in the year for a playoff run and are out of cap space that's the opposite of a bargain. And that's ignoring what we would have to give up to get Britt, which I'm better would be a draft pick. No, this isn't a good idea. Really not.

There is very little evidence that Britt is still who he was before the recent injury. Right now Stokely has been more productive. And this signing would sap up cap space -- I don't know what you consider a bargain, but if we have to replace a player later in the year for a playoff run and are out of cap space that's the opposite of a bargain. And that's ignoring what we would have to give up to get Britt, which I'm better would be a draft pick. No, this isn't a good idea. Really not.

Well... If Britt or anyone else for that matter, is not an option and we are forced to stay put with what we have... ouch! We desperately need someone else to emerge along with Brown.

J.J. actually looked improved as a pass catcher (until his injury), and Stokley/Brown/Smith could all improve chemistry with Flacco... they key is the Oline's run blocking and Caldwell's play calling. I just want us to execute, and dominate. Nothing less.

Sounds good in theory, but once again, money will be the issue. Even though we'd only accrue $700-750K of his salary, that's a lot compared to what we have left. We only have $1.8M left in cap room right now. If we do get Britt by some chance, that knocks us down to the $1M range. I don't know about you, but I'm not comfortable only having that much room in the event of injury. I really think the only way we exhaust the cap is for a TE at this point. I think we're more than comfortable with our WR core of Smith, Brown, and Stokley as a chain mover. Doss will rotate in. They're still very high on Deonte. Jacoby will be back sooner in a few weeks. As bad as this corps looked in preseason, the emergence of Marlon really helps out. WR is no longer a priority, and I especially doubt we go with a headcase like Britt.

Sorry for the drawn out post. Just using yours to transition into my thoughts lol.

Well, if I recall correctly we can borrow against future cap space. I know that's not ideal. Just saying it's possible. I'm not really for or against this and I doubt it happens but I wouldn't be surprised and if it did I think that's the good side. We're pretty clever at rentals that way, see Josh Wilson.

Well, if I recall correctly we can borrow against future cap space. I know that's not ideal. Just saying it's possible. I'm not really for or against this and I doubt it happens but I wouldn't be surprised and if it did I think that's the good side. We're pretty clever at rentals that way, see Josh Wilson.

I wouldn't want to borrow at all, since next year seems to be worse than this year in terms of cap space.

I wouldn't want to borrow at all, since next year seems to be worse than this year in terms of cap space.

I don't think it matters because I don't think we're making any move unless something serious goes down.

Well... If Britt or anyone else for that matter, is not an option and we are forced to stay put with what we have... ouch! We desperately need someone else to emerge along with Brown.

J.J. actually looked improved as a pass catcher (until his injury), and Stokley/Brown/Smith could all improve chemistry with Flacco... they key is the Oline's run blocking and Caldwell's play calling. I just want us to execute, and dominate. Nothing less.

We have Deonte coming back from injury shortly, and Jones not too long after that. We have Doss we could try again if need be. So the smart move is to wait and see who will pan out. Its only the second game and we have been able to move the football with our WR in both games, despite poor TE play and insignificant running success. I'm not sure why you are panicking. And also not sure why you think some other teams trash is going to become the Raven's treasure. We don't "desperately" need anything. Things will come along slowly, but they will come along. Fortunately we are in a division where it looks like there is only one other halfway decent team to keep pace with. Chill, and stop looking through other teams trash cans for something to put on the mantlepiece -- it never works that way.

I don't think it matters because I don't think we're making any move unless something serious goes down.

I agree. I don't see Britt coming here. Doesn't make sense, really.

We have Deonte coming back from injury shortly, and Jones not too long after that. We have Doss we could try again if need be. So the smart move is to wait and see who will pan out. Its only the second game and we have been able to move the football with our WR in both games, despite poor TE play and insignificant running success. I'm not sure why you are panicking. And also not sure why you think some other teams trash is going to become the Raven's treasure. We don't "desperately" need anything. Things will come along slowly, but they will come along. Fortunately we are in a division where it looks like there is only one other halfway decent team to keep pace with. Chill, and stop looking through other teams trash cans for something to put on the mantlepiece -- it never works that way.

Why is it when a fan has an idea of bringing in a prospective free agent or trade option its considered "panicking"? It seems someone ALWAYS comes out to put down any idea/opinion that differ's from their own... I get it. You are NOT a Kenny Britt fan, but as far as Britt being Titans "trash" that is your opinion.

My opinion is he is a former 1st round pick who has had allot of issues but is still very talented. The right locker room, QB, and coordinator, could turn his career around... IMO a motivated/inspired Britt paired with Flacco, and the weapons we already have, our TEAM would benefit from his upside.

If this acquisition did happen, he came here and played well, all of y'all putting him down now would be happy he's here.

Why is it when a fan has an idea of bringing in a prospective free agent or trade option its considered "panicking"? It seems someone ALWAYS comes out to put down any idea/opinion that differ's from their own... I get it. You are NOT a Kenny Britt fan, but as far as Britt being Titans "trash" that is your opinion.

My opinion is he is a former 1st round pick who has had allot of issues but is still very talented. The right locker room, QB, and coordinator, could turn his career around... IMO a motivated/inspired Britt paired with Flacco, and the weapons we already have, our TEAM would benefit from his upside.

If this acquisition did happen, he came here and played well, all of y'all putting him down now would be happy he's here.

Britt is in the Titan's trash can because they have essentially benched him -- have you not seen his tweets seeking exodus? If the Titans don't see him as having an upside, I think you are grossly overstating his value. So no, its not my opinion, but that of the Titan's coaching staff. Former first rounder is meaningless once someone is coming off of a season ending injury and maybe is a locker room cancer to boot.

And I suggested you were "panicking" when you suggested we "desperately need" someone new.  In my mind saying we are desperate and panicking are essentially the same thing. I'm not sure there is any one affordable that would make this team better out there at the moment. So we need to fix from within.

Britt is in the Titan's trash can because they have essentially benched him -- have you not seen his tweets seeking exodus? If the Titans don't see him as having an upside, I think you are grossly overstating his value. So no, its not my opinion, but that of the Titan's coaching staff. Former first rounder is meaningless once someone is coming off of a season ending injury and maybe is a locker room cancer to boot.

And I suggested you were "panicking" when you suggested we "desperately need" someone new.  In my mind saying we are desperate and panicking are essentially the same thing. I'm not sure there is any one affordable that would make this team better out there at the moment. So we need to fix from within.

Actually what I was saying was that we desperately need someone else to emerge along with Brown. It could certainly come from within our own squad. Nevertheless I think we're both on the same page and want to see the offense improve.

Assuming Pierce gets the start at Rb this week may light a fire under Ray Rice, and that will be good for the run game. If we get the run game going it should make things easier for the pass and that will in turn create even more opportunities for our struggling Offense. 

Texans will be a good test to see exactly where we are compared to the elite teams in the AFC IMO.

i honestlydont see deonte doing anything for us. i cant se our offense being anything but average at best. 

Kenny Brit to my understanding is still dealing with some soreness from his surgical repair knee and his speed may not be at its best because of it. Trading for Britt  can be very risky because of his injury history, he's still  dealing with sorness from his knee,  he basically will be a one year rental(no way the ravens sign him to big contract before Torrey Smith ) and he recently was benched for  lazy blocking, lack of route running precision, and making bone head mistakes on the field ,

I think once you consider all the problems he  had/has with the titans  and realize that the ravens have a head coach that really hates such things  then you may feel like  theres no way the ravens trade for Kenny Britt.  Talented or not why would the ravens want a player that showing he's not motivated to play hard for the fully 60 minutes?