#1 blitzking33

blitzking33

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

http://www.cbssports...ng-in-baltimore

An offseason where a franchise loses two legends of the game, it's a relief that their two replacements are showing passionate, aggressive and instinctive play. I know what you're probably thinking: "But Matt Elam is Pollard's replacement, not Ed's"... Ed actually came in the league as a SS and I believe played SS for his first three years.

Man I hope these guys become best buddies like Ray and Ed once were; put their lockers next to eachother or something. In yesterday's game when Brown sniffed out the play and Elam came in with the clean-up hit, I was hoping that they would at least high-5 or something lol. Can't wait till they develop chemistry like their predecessors because everyone believes they will be here for a long time.

Can't wait.

v2vatf.jpg

Posted Image

Let Pierce tot the ROC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

v2vatf.jpg

Man I LOVE that picture.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#3 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Arthur Brown is such a beast. Everything I expected him to be. I think he'll get that position over Bynes. I'm not sure if he'll get it to begin the season but I think by the end of the year he will.

#4 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

I was at the game yesterday, these two guys will and should start.  Elam is improving and I think he is better than Ihedigbo at this point already.  Arthur Brown was going sideline to sideline.  He has great speed and a good amount of intelligence.  We may have a couple of gems on our hands.

jXGv4fo.jpg

#5 Kev0825

Kev0825

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Ihedigbo has made zero plays this preseason. Matt Elam had two big hits against the Bucs, he had 6 total tackles (five solo) one for a loss. Not to mention he slammed Steven Jackson to the ground when no one else could.

#6 Ravens1991

Ravens1991

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

I was at the game yesterday, these two guys will and should start.  Elam is improving and I think he is better than Ihedigbo at this point already.  Arthur Brown was going sideline to sideline.  He has great speed and a good amount of intelligence.  We may have a couple of gems on our hands.

Id say great intelligence also. He has been talked about for great instincts in college and they showed last night with him blowing two plays up in the backfield. Im waiting for people to start claiming he will be the next Ray Lewis, that will be a stretch but he does have Navarro Bowman potential IMO.

#7 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I don't see Brown ever replacing Ray. He isn't the same player because of what Lewis's provided as a leader. If anyone is the next Ray it'll be Elam in my opinion. I see more of Brown being like Reed with Elam being more like Ray.

If you're talking about skill, I think Brown could be up there with Ray.

#8 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,075 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

I don't see Brown ever replacing Ray. He isn't the same player because of what Lewis's provided as a leader. If anyone is the next Ray it'll be Elam in my opinion. I see more of Brown being like Reed with Elam being more like Ray.

If you're talking about skill, I think Brown could be up there with Ray.

I know you're talking about more of a leadership/personality type of thing here, but Brown actually reminds me a lot of a young Daryl Smith.  One of those silent guys that's going to go out there and do work.  I'm not sure he's ever going to get that recognition that he deserves, but true fans that follow football will know just how good he is.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#9 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,749 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Brown is tremendously fast and, once the game slows down for him and he gets comfortable in the scheme, he can be really disruptive. He's not as strong as Ray Lewis, he'll get washed during run plays, but he can compensate by working around blockers and finding gaps - like he did against the Falcons.

Sometimes he just seemed like he had energy to burn and was flying around without making an impact.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#10 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

I know you're talking about more of a leadership/personality type of thing here, but Brown actually reminds me a lot of a young Daryl Smith. One of those silent guys that's going to go out there and do work. I'm not sure he's ever going to get that recognition that he deserves, but true fans that follow football will know just how good he is.

I can see that. I think a missed point here is that people neglect to recognize that Arthur Brown doesn't celebrate. Like last night he got right up and got back to work. What's important to recognize here is that this is the way the league is trending. It's evidenced by the recent rule changes.

Brown's a great player and your point about Smith might be very accurate. I meant more in terms of a comparison for Arthur Brown being like Ed Reed a quiet by effective leader whereas Elam is more like a vocal Ray Lewis.

#11 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Brown is tremendously fast and, once the game slows down for him and he gets comfortable in the scheme, he can be really disruptive. He's not as strong as Ray Lewis, he'll get washed during run plays, but he can compensate by working around blockers and finding gaps - like he did against the Falcons.

Sometimes he just seemed like he had energy to burn and was flying around without making an impact.

Yeah. This is a good assessment on Brown. He needs to get stronger because he had some difficulty with the guards from what I saw

#12 Ravens1991

Ravens1991

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yeah. This is a good assessment on Brown. He needs to get stronger because he had some difficulty with the guards from what I saw

That is the reason why I don't think he will start this year. Since Daryl Smith looks like a stud we need someone who can take on blocks for him. Bynes fits that role. Brown should come in on passing downs and eventually be a every down player.

#13 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,749 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

I think he'd be great on delayed blitzes. Let the interior linemen get involved with the DL and Brown comes flying in and has to deal with, at most, a blocking back. He's so fast that most QBs would get sacked or get flustered and throw it away.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,075 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

I can see that. I think a missed point here is that people neglect to recognize that Arthur Brown doesn't celebrate. Like last night he got right up and got back to work. What's important to recognize here is that this is the way the league is trending. It's evidenced by the recent rule changes.

Brown's a great player and your point about Smith might be very accurate. I meant more in terms of a comparison for Arthur Brown being like Ed Reed a quiet by effective leader whereas Elam is more like a vocal Ray Lewis.

Leadership wise, I definitely agree.  I don't see him as ever being the face of a franchise, but I do see him as a guy that will lead by example most of the time and will lead by voice only when necessary.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#15 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Matt Elam is a bad man.

#16 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

How many people were claiming Ray would be the face of a franchise his 1st year? That is something that is very hard to predict.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#17 PurpleChaos

PurpleChaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

I think I'm getting a Elam jersey but concerned he will switch to 22 after we admit that Jimmy Smith is a bust  LOL   I've shelled out so much cash on jerseys I should just put my name on one.

#18 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Arthur Brown will be a future stud. He has all the makings of a future DPOTY. Such a beast.

@gabefergy

#19 SoreSubject

SoreSubject

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

Brown should already be playing over bynes. Even on run situations. I saw at least 2 plays where bynes was In on a run blitz and ran right by the back. Smith already is the better run stuffer and I think brown with his speed is a better player to play next to him to chase down the play from the backside. Also when brown disrupted the screen in the flats and cut through 3 blockers and gave the rest of the defense a chance to catch up to the play was prolly the best play so far on defense

#20 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

I know you're talking about more of a leadership/personality type of thing here, but Brown actually reminds me a lot of a young Daryl Smith.  One of those silent guys that's going to go out there and do work.  I'm not sure he's ever going to get that recognition that he deserves, but true fans that follow football will know just how good he is.

daryl was/is a bit better at shedding blocks while brown is a bit faster then he was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users