Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheRavenouseD2008

Should our defensive linemen wear a patch for Art Donovan?

42 votes

1. 1. Should the D put a patch on for Art Donovan?

• Yes
    • No
    • DT only

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

I was thinking he is the first one to be inducted from baltimore ,  he showed our Defensive mindset in Baltimore during the Colts Era which seems to have continued to the Ravens Era, Should the Ravens D honor him with a patch during the season?

I say yes, but I don't feel strongly either way. We should honor him in some way, but he isn't as relevant to the franchise as Art Modell is.

Did we have a patch for Johnny Unitas when he passed?

I say yes, just to piss off Indy. I read an article about Jim Irsay commenting on Art's passing. What does he have to do with any of this?

I mean why not have a patch for Cullen Finnerty since we seem to want to have a patch for every person linked to the franchise who dies

I'm only half joking when I say this but they could wear the same uniforms from last year. Remember, they wore an "Art" patch last year for Art Modell.

Why not the entire team? Art is a member of the Ring of Honor.

Agreed.

ART

ARTIE?

Art Donovan was a HOF DT and one of the best defenders of his time. In addition to his football prowess, he was beloved in the wider community for his humor and class. I couldn't think of a more exemplary standard-bearer for the Baltimore sports community than he was!

I voted yes but only because I didn't see the option for the whole team. Art helped keep the fires burning when it came to local football during the 13 year hiatus.

I believe Art with his number in the background or AD for the whole team patch would not only be a nice touch but honor a man who is worthy of it. 

It makes the guys on the squad go harder if you go on the field in honor of somebody that left a mark right here in a strong football town..

I say yes, just to piss off Indy. I read an article about Jim Irsay commenting on Art's passing. What does he have to do with any of this?

Why?

I was a Colts fan as a kid,  70 was never a Raven. A great guy, he lived and died a Colt. He still is a Colt. Always will be, a Colt.

Respect that, please.

RIP

I think something should be done for him, but I don't think a patch. I don't have a better idea though.

I mean why not have a patch for Cullen Finnerty since we seem to want to have a patch for every person linked to the franchise who dies

that's what gets me, he's not part of the franchise. but great guy nevertheless, he use to own a Bar over by the Alameda ( That's east Baltimore for the people not from here). Also isn't he in the Ravens ring of honor?

I was a Colts fan as a kid,  70 was never a Raven. A great guy, he lived and died a Colt. He still is a Colt. Always will be, a Colt.

Respect that, please.

RIP

Should we take down the Johnny U. statue since he too "will always be a Colt?"

Donovan was a great Baltimore athlete and it would show great respect for our city's team to honor him that way.

Honestly it barely hit me. What are the odds that the Ravens win it all the year Art Modell passes away and they honor Art Modell with a patch. I quess it was always meant to be.

Should we take down the Johnny U. statue since he too "will always be a Colt?"

Donovan was a great Baltimore athlete and it would show great respect for our city's team to honor him that way.

My thoughts exactly!  We must honor the past.