The Oakland Cathedral

What Are You Listening To?

947 posts in this topic

Been revisiting Pixies' "Surfer Rosa" "Doolittle" and "Trompe Le Monde" the last few days, had almost forgotten howuch I loved Frank Black's...well I call it "uniqueness" and leave it at that haha.

A lot of J Cole, Born Sinner.

If this was 10 years ago, this would be an album I'd buy.

Love the song "Let Nas down" and then Nas remixed version.

Chance The Rapper's Acid Rap and Joey Bad$$'s Summer Knights have two of the better projects this year. 

Already familiar with both, lol.

A lot of J Cole, Born Sinner.

If this was 10 years ago, this would be an album I'd buy.

Love the song "Let Nas down" and then Nas remixed version.

What do you mean?

Back when CD's were needed.

You know, there's still a very important reason to buy CDs.  You don't actually own iTunes MP3s: rather, you're paying for the rights to access them.  There was a big controversy back when iTunes decided to delete a couple CDs from their library.  Everyone that "bought" the MP3 lost that music forever.  So it's always a smart thing to have the CD backup, in case things go George Orwell...

You know, there's still a very important reason to buy CDs. You don't actually own iTunes MP3s: rather, you're paying for the rights to access them. There was a big controversy back when iTunes decided to delete a couple CDs from their library. Everyone that "bought" the MP3 lost that music forever. So it's always a smart thing to have the CD backup, in case things go George Orwell...

I just do a google search for songs and download. All my music comes from my phone, I don't have a CD player in my car and I don't have a Portable one so there's no need.

I just do a google search for songs and download. All my music comes from my phone, I don't have a CD player in my car and I don't have a Portable one so there's no need.

The point I was trying to make is that it's not YOUR music.  If you read the fine print, you'll see that you're just paying for vthe rights to access the music.  The companies can delete whatever they want, whenever they want, for wehatever reason they want (contract dispute, artist controversy, etc.).

The point I was trying to make is that it's not YOUR music. If you read the fine print, you'll see that you're just paying for vthe rights to access the music. The companies can delete whatever they want, whenever they want, for wehatever reason they want (contract dispute, artist controversy, etc.).

Ok then I'll just find a different site? If not then oh well

Ok then I'll just find a different site? If not then oh well

It's your decision.  I just wanted to imform you, since you seemed unaware of all the corporate voodoo in the "Terms of Agreement".  Personally, I only buy CDs.  That way, I'll always have a backup of music somewhere.  I don't bother with singles at all, since you can just Youtube them.

It's your decision. I just wanted to imform you, since you seemed unaware of all the corporate voodoo in the "Terms of Agreement". Personally, I only buy CDs. That way, I'll always have a backup of music somewhere. I don't bother with singles at all, since you can just Youtube them.

Not unaware just don't care lol

Not unaware just don't care lol

I think Imagine Dragon's "Welcome to the New Age" would be appropriate here... :control:

Debating whetrher I should go to an outdoor music festival today.  There's a 40% chance of rain with scattered thunderstorms.  Hmmm...

Debating whetrher I should go to an outdoor music festival today.  There's a 40% chance of rain with scattered thunderstorms.  Hmmm...

Take the 60 percent.

i really like this at the mo...

Quality track. Heard it for the first time on a Top-40 countdown a few weeks ago.

Edited by Ed_Reed20

Just discovered Halestorm has another video, for It's Not You.  That was a most pleasant surprise.

That, I Get Off, or Nothing to Do With Love are the best songs are their first album.  I'd probably go with It's Not You if forced to.

º¤ø„¸ WE LOVE ¸„ø¤º°¨~

¸„ø¤º°¨Reggae``°º¤ø„

¸„ø¤º``°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º¨°º¤ø