The Oakland Cathedral

What Are You Listening To?

947 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Willbacker said:

Lmao that's Queen but you close tho.

Big fan of hard rock and the newest Megadeth album was to me their best. Listened to a couple clips from the new Metallica which tells me they alive and well and still creative.

Now that you mention it, Willbacker, Queen and David Bowie did record a song together in the early eighties, titled, "Under Pressure".  I thought it sounded good.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:32 PM, George70 said:

Now that you mention it, Willbacker, Queen and David Bowie did record a song together in the early eighties, titled, "Under Pressure".  I thought it sounded good.

I remember the song. Didn't know Bowie was involved with the song but I can see it. lol

You guys remember "Iron Man" by Van Halen

In keeping with this time of year, the song that comes to mind is "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas".  Wacky, isn't it?

"The Baron", by Johnny Cash.  I remember this song from my days in broadcasting school in the early eighties, and it is still a good song.

On 8/28/2015 at 0:43 PM, The Raven said:

"Going to Hell" is a freaking great album from The Pretty Reckless for anyone who likes hard rock. Freakin' great stuff.

I like the Pretty Reckless' stuff. Good to see them getting recognition. Coming as someone who hated the original Champagne Supernova, their cover of that song is freaking great.

"Heaven Knows" Should have been in the movie suicide squad. It's a song that was practically tailor made for the movie. But that movie sucks for a reason. 

Speaking of Suicide Squad, although it is a terrible movie, the soundtrack is freaking awesome. "Sucker for Pain" should be the theme song for us Ravens fans. 

1 hour ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I like the Pretty Reckless' stuff. Good to see them getting recognition. Coming as someone who hated the original Champagne Supernova, their cover of that song is freaking great.

"Heaven Knows" Should have been in the movie suicide squad. It's a song that was practically tailor made for the movie. But that movie sucks for a reason. 

Speaking of Suicide Squad, although it is a terrible movie, the soundtrack is freaking awesome. "Sucker for Pain" should be the theme song for us Ravens fans. 

They were pretty great live. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend.

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

They were pretty great live. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend.

I have seen them live. It's weird, Momsen is the band's biggest weakness if you ask me. And she's pretty good. As much as I like their songs, I'm a bigger fan of their covers for some reason.

Same goes for Halestorm tbh. I LOVE Halestorm to a fault, but they have some of the best covers I've ever heard.

I have a very expansive musical taste. I was gonna go see Sia in Red Rocks but I had a personal emergency and had to sell my tickets. I was bummed out. I'm not the biggest fan of her songs, but she's one of the most talented vocalists on the planet.

As far as favorite artists I'd have to go.

Garth Brooks

Queen(favorite band of all time)

Halestorm(favorite female lead singer of all time)

Pretty Reckless

Eminem (especially his earlier days. Workout playlist galore)

Led Zeppelin

Bruno Mars(again, workout playlist galore)

AC/DC(Although easy to play on guitar, so awesome)

Aerosmith

Green Day(American Idiot is one of my favorite albums ever)

Nirvana

Bon Jovi(grew up with it thanks to my parents. Love their stuff late 80s-mid 2000s. Everything else they've done sucks tbh)

Santana(anything of his really)

Young the Giant(My Body is my top song on my workout playlist)

Matchbox Twenty(Grew up listening to them due to the era. Once again was going to go see Rob Thomas in Red Rocks but couldn't)

Hall and Oates

Sara Barellis(except for Brave. That song sucks)

and Stevie Wonder(again anything of his. Superstition is one of the greatest songs ever written)