The Oakland Cathedral

What Are You Listening To?

947 posts in this topic

The Morningside Opera has put on some audacious productions this season, re-imagining classic works for the modern age, drawing parallels between past and present to make profound statements on the human condition.

Yesterday I thought to myself: how much cooler would I have been had I been listening to Rocket From the Crypt's "Scream, Dracula, Scream" in '95 instead of say. Third Eye Blind's s/t album? Hahaha. Not to say that was a bad album but Rocket From the Crypt always ROCKED. Unfortunate that I only got I to them a few years before they broke up and never got to see them live.

Listening to another song I heard on the radio today. Beast by Nico Viga. Also heard a new Pearl Jam song called Mind Your Manners. It's from their new album Lightning Bolt that hits stores October 15th. Good pump up songs for pre-game. Especially Beast.

Stray Cats - Rock This Town. For some reason, I've made it a tradition to listen to them when my parents go on a trip.

Anyone here listen to Jimmy Buffet? My vacation music right there lol. I'm not on vacation, but some of it relaxes me for some reason

Gotta love the 80's. Have an entire playlist for it

I heard it on the radio this morning and it took me forever to find it. That song blasts in my car lol

Anyone here listen to Jimmy Buffet? My vacation music right there lol. I'm not on vacation, but some of it relaxes me for some reason

I listen to it... A lot...

Don't laugh at Aha!

Aha ;)

I downloaded it on my phone the other day and had it bumping in my car. Idc lol

Typically, I'm a HUGE metal head. But I also love modern rock and classic rock.

Caught Bon Jovi in Chicago and it was honestly the best concert I've ever seen. Im not from Chicago but Soldier Field was rocking!! (it wont be when the Ravens come to town)

But anyway, if Bon Jovi comes near you, I highly recommend you check it out! Great show!

Typically, I'm a HUGE metal head. But I also love modern rock and classic rock.

Caught Bon Jovi in Chicago and it was honestly the best concert I've ever seen. Im not from Chicago but Soldier Field was rocking!! (it wont be when the Ravens come to town)

But anyway, if Bon Jovi comes near you, I highly recommend you check it out! Great show!

Jon can't sing like he used too though. And no Richie right now.

I had the opportunity to go see the in San Jose, but Richie backed out last minuet.

Coming from a huge Bon Jovi fan it's a bit disappointing.

But they are good.

Jon can't sing like he used too though. And no Richie right now.

I had the opportunity to go see the in San Jose, but Richie backed out last minuet.

Coming from a huge Bon Jovi fan it's a bit disappointing.

But they are good.

I didn't miss Richie all too much. I think Phil X is doing a fantastic job. And I mean no singer is gonna be the same as the old days, but I thought he sounded great. Always an incredible showman, and when it's live, I don't usually focus on if the vocals arent up to where they once were, it's still Jon :) 

I can understand missing Richie's presence but Phil X is great!

I didn't miss Richie all too much. I think Phil X is doing a fantastic job. And I mean no singer is gonna be the same as the old days, but I thought he sounded great. Always an incredible showman, and when it's live, I don't usually focus on if the vocals arent up to where they once were, it's still Jon :)

I can understand missing Richie's presence but Phil X is great!

Phil X is a freaking boss. I've been a huge fan of his since last year.

Prob is, Richie is one of my all time fave players. As a guitarist, who wanted to quit, the Dead or Alive riff got me back into it. He just makes the band that much better in my eyes.

+69.  Any other suggestions?

Chance The Rapper's Acid Rap and Joey Bad$$'s Summer Knights have two of the better projects this year.