The Oakland Cathedral

What Are You Listening To?

947 posts in this topic

The Fall Out Boy concert i went to was exactly a week ago today, seriously the best show I've ever been too. They played over 90 minutes worth of songs (plus 4 encore songs) I have nothing but respect for them playing that many. They played all of their bigger songs (besides I'm Like A Lawyer..) They only played 5 songs off their new album, so they didn't overload the concert with their new stuff. You could tell all of them were playing their butts off to put on a good show, I have so much respect for them after seeing them live. If anyone is ever considering going to one of Fall Out Boy's show, definitely go.

Edited by sliceanddic3

I'm listening to Wait and Bleed by Slipknot. I've been rockin out to them since high school. I'm 27 now and still love their music. Old and new. Now it's Liberate. Good song for July 4th.

Been rocking out to Lupe Fiasco, John Legend - Never Forget You due to the current circumstances.

Who do We Think We Are.  Had the pleasure to attend a free concert of his.  Probably the best concert I've been to since Ziggy Marley.  Free Jay-Z concert on Monday, speaking of.

Lupe fan? Or just that song?

Both, though more the latter. But mostly because I haven't listened much to him, so it's not a matter of preference but experience, rather.

Both, though more the latter. But mostly because I haven't listened much to him, so it's not a matter of preference but experience, rather.

Gotcha. I do like the song a lot though. One of the best songs on the album IMO.

Day After Day by Badfinger. Heard it on 100.7 The Bay one day and loved the beat. Love me some classic rock. And I can't stand the morning radio commentary of 98 Rock and DC 101. The radio hosts are so obnoxious. I'm not the biggest fan of Cloog or however you spell his name on 100.7 The Bay, but at least they play mostly music.

Got off my high horse and decided to give rap a fair shot. I was unfair to Jay Z. Dude is good!

Which Jigga tracks did you listen to? Did you give any other rappers a shot? 

Slayer's Raining Blood. Great song. I laughed so hard at its use in South Park. Been listening to Slayer since I was a kid. Remember buying their albums when tapes were still the thing in the 90's.

Which Jigga tracks did you listen to? Did you give any other rappers a shot? 

Just listened to some tracks off Watch the Throne. Really impressed with that stuff.

Any other rappers you'd recommend? 

What type of rap you looking for?

Idk. I like Eminem, Run DMC, and Jay Z. That's about as far as my rap experience goes.

Idk. I like Eminem, Run DMC, and Jay Z. That's about as far as my rap experience goes.

Same. Cept add Beastie Boys...

Sabatodge and Watcha Want are good

Like SAM said, the Beastie Boys are good, Lupe Fiasco is good, I personally like some 50 cent, Busta Rhymes, Sage Francis, Snoop Lion (Dogg), Chuck D (Public Enemy), Young Jeezy, Method Man, I know flaccopoe likes Talib Kweli (I don't), Ice T (another I don't like but some do), Mos Def, DMX, Immortal Technique, the classics are also good such as Tupac, Notorious B.I.G. and, Nas. Oh yeah and NWA/Ice Cube. Try em out see what you like.

Just listened to some tracks off Watch the Throne. Really impressed with that stuff.

T.I is my favorite.

Like SAM said, the Beastie Boys are good, Lupe Fiasco is good, I personally like some 50 cent, Busta Rhymes, Sage Francis, Snoop Lion (Dogg), Chuck D (Public Enemy), Young Jeezy, Method Man, I know flaccopoe likes Talib Kweli (I don't), Ice T (another I don't like but some do), Mos Def, DMX, Immortal Technique, the classics are also good such as Tupac, Notorious B.I.G. and, Nas. Oh yeah and NWA/Ice Cube. Try em out see what you like.

How dare you forget T.I.!

You should give Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint a listen. Most hardcore Jay fans agree those are his best albums. 

Way too many rappers to list that I would recommend. 

Edited by Ed_Reed20

Catalyst by Linkin Park. It's on my Workout playlist. Been meaning to get back on the exercise bike, but I can't get up that early. I'd have to be up by 4:30 each day. Still, a good song.

Right now I'm listening to my wife nag me about cutting the grass. Damn grass cutting kid down the street's on vacation......how dare he! LOL

"Can't Stop" - Red Hot Chili Peppers. Good stuff right there!

I'm going to up one you and say

Dani California RHCP.

And the next song up is Old Time Rock and Roll Bob Seager.