57 replies to this topic

#1 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Okay, I've criticized people for creating threads on media hate all the time, but I had to post this just for the pure humor.  The goal of the segment was to analyze the AFC teams and pick who makes the playoffs and who doesn't.

So, obviously, Schlereth picks the Patriots, Broncos, and Texans to make the playoffs.

Next up, the Ravens.  He proceeds to look down at a sheet of paper and say "I needed to make a cheat sheet here.  They lost 9 starters."  Wait... it gets better!

He names the players: "Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Paul Kruger, Corey Williams, Matt Birk, Brennan Pollard.  I don't think they replaced them."  REALLY?  Obviously they didn't replace them because you can't replace fictional players!

It continues on and the final 3 teams he picks for the playoffs...?  Bengals, Steelers, and Dolphins. HA!

I just thought the humor alone in the fact that he has no clue who is even on the team was worth posting.

Edited by rmw10, 17 June 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#2 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Whatever will we do without the great Corey Williams and Brennan Pollard in our secondary?

Can you put up a link to the article?

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 15 June 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#3 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Whatever will we do without the great Corey Williams and Brennan Pollard in our secondary?

Can you put up a link to the article?

It was on ESPN live this morning.  Not sure if they'll post a video or not.

#4 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Matt Bark was worse than his bite. I wonder how he feels about Anjuan Baldwin (or is it Bolden) being traded?

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#5 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Matt Bark was worse than his bite. I wonder how he feels about Anjuan Baldwin (or is it Bolden) being traded?

It's funny, because of all the players we truly didn't replace, Boldin is the one, and he wasn't even mentioned.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,433 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

I saw it, his argument sucked. I guess people just think 6 consecutive playoff apperances is too hard for us to do.
It's a shame Mark said that though, I usually agree with a lot of what he says

Edited by Ravens<3, 15 June 2013 - 12:39 PM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 EmpireState_Blackbird42

EmpireState_Blackbird42

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

I was watching the same thing, and all you can really do is laugh. He mentioned all our departures and none of our additions. He's probably been also riding the Bengals winning the north band wagon for the past 3 years. We'll let the pads speak.

#8 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

If the Bengals win the AFC North then the AFC North has 0 chance of having any representation in the Superbowl or even the AFC championship for that matter. Andy Dalton just can't get it done. The dolphins will be a below 500 team, building through FA is not how you win a championship.

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Ahhhh. So that's why we traded him to San Francisco--so he could be closer to his crazy brother.

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

If the Bengals win the AFC North then the AFC North has 0 chance of having any representation in the Superbowl or even the AFC championship for that matter. Andy Dalton just can't get it done. The dolphins will be a below 500 team, building through FA is not how you win a championship.

Totally agree on the Dolphins. Renting a team is always inferior to building one.

Daltons still got room to grow. He has average physical tools like a Schaub, Ryan, Fitzpatrick, etc so he has to rely on consistent accuracy and not making mental mistakes.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 MrPlankton

MrPlankton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Why do people like this even bother with sports analysis?

#12 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

I'm surprised, Mark Schlereth is usually pretty objective and has not been one to "hate" on our team on the past, definitely one of the better player-to-analyst commentators and always used to come across as well informed. Guess he finally latched onto the ESPN corporate line like all of the others and traded in his brain for a continued paycheck. Brian Dawkins was spouting the same kind of stuff a few days ago about how the Broncos are amazing and will win 13+ games again while the Ravens arw "in that 9 win range" due to all of the personnel losses and hanging his hat on strength of schedule for next year which no one should logically put major emphasis on in trying to predict records. A decent gauge, sure but no team is going to be the same as the previous year which is why its so ridiculous that it is such a touted and referenced "stat."

#13 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,433 posts

I think Dalton's good enough to win a playoff game. Not a Superbowl or even an AFC Championship. The Bengals stop at the Divisional round.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#14 BallHawker

BallHawker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9389752

Don't think he mispronounced all of the names you mentioned, well, except for "Corey" Williams and "Branden" Pollard. Maybe he has issues reading? Not surprised. ESPN/NFL Network hires some of the most idiotic, bombastic, arrogant former NFL players.

Bengals do have the receiving weapons and a very talented defense, though.

HBqGOpn.jpg

Forum Fantasy Roster - Ben's Nose

#15 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

The other interesting thing was that he touted all the new additions to Miami as a reason they are in. Then he totally ignores our additions that will make our defense better than last years. I guess these guys just mimic each other and forget the facts.

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

Vince Lambardi

#16 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Isnt he the idiot that created the Ray Leiws PED b.s. with Hannah Storm during SB preshow?

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9389752

Don't think he mispronounced all of the names you mentioned, well, except for "Corey" Williams and "Branden" Pollard. Maybe he has issues reading? Not surprised. ESPN/NFL Network hires some of the most idiotic, bombastic, arrogant former NFL players.

Bengals do have the receiving weapons and a very talented defense, though.

Hey, it's possible.  Maybe I was just mad at the first error and was reaching lol.  Either way, it's still pathetic.

#18 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

We should demand a formal on air apology for his greatness, Cary Williams.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#19 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Funny he mentions how many we lost yet ignores what we got out of it. Of course he would pick the steelers in the playoffs (eye roll, ESPN bias 100%). Injured QB, No WR's, old D... how are they better than us, really? So Schlereth is saying the Ravens will finish behind brittle ben's steelers and andy "i can't beat the texans in the playoffs" dalton

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#20 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Okay, I've criticized people for creating threads on media hate all the time, but I had to post this just for the pure humor.  The goal of the segment was to analyze the AFC teams and pick who makes the playoffs and who doesn't.

So, obviously, Schlereth picks the Patriots, Broncos, and Texans to make the playoffs.

Next up, the Ravens.  He proceeds to look down at a sheet of paper and say "I needed to make a cheat sheet here.  They lost 9 starters."  Wait... it gets better!

He names the players: "Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Paul KruggerCorey Williams, Matt BarkBrennan Pollard.  I don't think they replaced them."  REALLY?  Obviously they didn't replace them because you can't replace fictional players!

It continues on and the final 3 teams he picks for the playoffs...?  Bengals, Steelers, and Dolphins. HA!

I just thought the humor alone in the fact that he has no clue who is even on the team was worth posting.

I thought of starting a thread also informing everyone what Schlereth said, but then realized that he is not necessarily a credible analyst; he is also a minor analyst at that. When I saw that this morning, I never got worked up because I know better. He never understood the players we have acquired or gained so far in the off season. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users