Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cushrinada1986

Ravens true heir-apparent for Stover: Justin Tucker

37 posts in this topic

I notice a lot of post orbit around our offense and defense but not a lot on our ST. We have been blessed with stable punting from Koch and now we have an even more stable kicker in Justin Tucker. TBH, would anyone had been even remotely comfortable if that was Cundiff making that kick at the end of the Broncos game and not Tucker? I understand that Cundiff was a pro-bowler and Tucker was a rookie but given the amount of consistancy he provided this year, its hard to deny that this kid, along with koch, has solidified 1/3 of the teams production. What does the Ravens Nation feel about how productive these guys have been this year?

I loved following this kid's progression last year. He was a beast, and it seemed like he thrived in the clutch moments more than any other. He was a good player, and a good guy. Been a while since I could say that I wasn't nervous about a kick.

I was a fan from the moment the reports starting coming in about him outkicking Cundiff in camp and even before I loved his potential once he was signed as an UDFA. Tucker, Greg Zuerlein, and Blair Walsh all came in as unestablished rookies and by the end of the year they were 3 of the consensus top 10 kickers in the league, easily. All 3 are the best kickers in the league already in my opinion and will only continue to improve, so glad we have Tuck as our kicker.

I also love his unusual personality he has demonstrated since joining the team and he is just teeming with confidence, an absolute must have for a kicker. Tucker time!

I love Justin Tucker. One of my favorite players on this team. I like his quirkiness, confidence, skill. He had it all in my opinion.

From 

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFJ3XNg3Uc[/media]

to 

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0Xm5zjfdQ[/media]

Justin is kid clutch!!!!!!!! \m/

The kid is clutch!!!

It's funny, my buddies all get together in the preseason to do our fantasy draft, and one of the guys took Tucker over Cundiff... I thought it was a little bit of a long shot, seeing how they were both on the roster, but he was right!!! And he got a good season out of him!!! Wish I thought of it!!!!!

I'd say I first became a fan of him when he first started appearing on reports as continuously beating Cundiff, day in and day out, during camps. That has been my favorite position battle in quite some time. I always looked forward to reading reports on the battle at the end of the day, even though I knew that he had the battle won, if only because of his confidence that was second to none at kicker. What really grabbed my attention about him though was what he said after some college team (I believe Texas A&M??) called a timeout to "ice" him. He went over and told his coach that "that's the worst decision they've made", and he proceeded to nail it. Just think; we could have two back to back Super Bowl's right now if he had been our kicker against the Patsies in the AFCCG two years ago...

I had quite a fun time posting here during the kicking battle last summer. Oh the memories...

But yeah, this kid is everything I hoped and thought he'd be.

Best part is that he's personable as hell.

I love that he's a part of the bmore community. See him around Fed hill all the time.

Justin Tucker put in a lot of work in college at Texas..  Now he is reaping the rewards of his efforts.  That kick in Denver will be replayed a lot leading up to our openning game.

I am thrilled about Tucker!  The way he conducts himself, especially the way he kicks, he's Stover 2.0.  I just hope he can keep this up, play for 18 years, and retire a Raven.

I am thrilled about Tucker!  The way he conducts himself, especially the way he kicks, he's Stover 2.0.  I just hope he can keep this up, play for 18 years, and retire a Raven.

I am thinking about getting a Tucker Jersey but not sure. 

I am thinking about getting a Tucker Jersey but not sure.

I always wait for longevity. If he pulls a Cundiff next year, though not likely, you'll regret it. Flacco and Rice just reached that point for me to give you an idea of how long I wait lol

I always wait for longevity. If he pulls a Cundiff next year, though not likely, you'll regret it. Flacco and Rice just reached that point for me to give you an idea of how long I wait lol

Barring injury, I see only improvement for Tuck. He's proven that he has the right stuff to handle the pressure.

Go ahead, get a Tucker jersey!

I have a rule about offensive player jerseys lol I may have to break out my #7 with my name on it. I love Tucker's quirky personality, I have to admit I was pulling for Cundiff but love the way things turned out.

Very true!!

Our great ST's does sometimes get over looked. Koch is a top 3 punter and JT last season was a top 3 kicker. This kid has ice water in his veins and unlike Cundiff he WANTS the spot light on him b/c he knows that pressure is NOTHING!

I couldn't imagine Cundiff kicking that 47 yarder in Denver, no way no how! Happy we got JT, the kid knows his job and he is pretty good at it might I add. 

The kid is clutch!!!

It's funny, my buddies all get together in the preseason to do our fantasy draft, and one of the guys took Tucker over Cundiff... I thought it was a little bit of a long shot, seeing how they were both on the roster, but he was right!!! And he got a good season out of him!!! Wish I thought of it!!!!!

gotta be honest, that's one of the least useful good predictions for fantasy ever lol. I would hope that's not what he was bragging about once it was all over.

Good Luck to Tucker. He is going to try to make 100% of his kicks this year. You got to give the guy credit for aiming so high. I think he just might do it! Waiting for preseason - Hurry and get here. Go Ravens you can repeat!

I'm strongly considering buying his Jersey. I'm a huge fan of his and I don't see a Cundiff Effect here.

Same! He's already one of my favorites too.

Same! He's already one of my favorites too.

I think the biggest difference between Cundiff and Tucker is one you can't coach. It's that confidence he has. For example, last year in TC Cundiff talked that it was his job. That he's the kicker. It came off as just arrogant not confident. I know he intended to sound confident but he came off insecure and arrogant.

Tucker seems to approach everything that he's always competing and trying to earn the job. That will produce success. I think that one year got to Billy's head. I don't think he or in the legwork (no pun intended) to succeed and that's why he had a bad year compared to the previous one.

Tucker and Cundiff are completely different.

He's awesome...his girl on the other hand, is really hot and probably more awesome! If nothing else, keep him around so I can look forward to sightings of her at the game, or on Super Bowl parade floats, or at ring ceremony events

I recommend that those who play fantasy football be sure to pick him up. Two very possible scenarios here

1. We will be scoring a lot of points, and/or
  2. Perhaps we won't get in the endzone on every drive but we'll be in HIS field goal range (which could equate to a ton of 40 yarders, and a handful of 50 yarders

I had Tucker in 2 of my FF leagues .

I had him in the league that I played in last year. He won me a lot of close games, believe it or not, so kickers do as a matter of fact matter in fantasy. I drafted him with the very last pick in the draft back in the beginning of August last year because I had confidence that he would be the next great kicker for us, and boy am I glad that he was.

That kick he missed in the fourth quarter in that glorified preseason game against the Bungles was the first time in his career (college or pro) he missed something in the fourth quarter of a game. And if he can nail those kicks in front of 100,000 Texas fans there's no reason you can't do it in the pros.

He's got that clutch gene, same as Flacco and Boldin, and in my opinion that's more important in a kicker than their leg (although he's got that too).