33 replies to this topic

#1 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

I can't wait for September, here's a fun thread to pass the time.

5. @ Minnesota 2009. The first time in his career he essentially took over a game. Granted Rice helped, but Flacco kept getting pummeled and yet kept fighting back. First time I saw him play and thought "he has it"

4. @ Denver 2013 Divisional
For the first time, everything that could go wrong went wrong and we still won, largely due to Flaccos big time arm.

3. @ Patriots 2011. In the biggest stage and the biggest moment, we found out everything we needed to know about Flacco. One of the most clutch passes ever, damn you Lee Evans.

2. Superbowl. If it weren't for the blackout and some weird offensive line blunders, Flacco might have broken some records. He showcased his huge arm and his ability to extend plays, capped off by a victory and an mvp award.

1. @ Pitt 2011. "92 yards against one great defense." Two crucial drops, and he still delivered. Doesn't get better than that.

#2 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,551 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Awesome thread, and great choices.

I loved the game against AZ where he led us to the largest comeback in franchise history as well.

I always knew he "had it", before he ever stepped on the field, but the game that confirmed it for me was his rookie season against Cleveland when he brought us back from a double digit deficit. When we were down 13, I thought to myself that no Ravens team we ever had could comeback from this, and Flacco would prove he is the real deal if he could do so...and he did.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#3 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Unfortunately Joe doesn't have many "complete games" of greatness because we always shut the passing game down if it succeeds or just let it flounder if it doesn't start well. The rare exception being the AZ game where the players convinced Cam to make an offensive adjustment, and the occasional though rare game winning drive opportunity.

#4 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

In no order Cardinals comeback 2011, Super Bowl, 2011 GW to Torrey at Pitt, 2010 GW to TJ at Pitt

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#5 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Honorable mention: Wild card vs. KC in 2010, @Minnesota in 2009, Week4 @ PIT in 2010 

5. Week 8 vs. Arizona in 2011

4. Week 9 @ PIT in 2011

3. Super Bowl 47

2. Divisional round @. Denver in 2012

1. AFCCG @ NE in 2011

Edited by BALTIMOREFLACCO, 01 June 2013 - 08:38 PM.

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#6 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

I can't wait for September, here's a fun thread to pass the time.

5. @ Minnesota 2009. The first time in his career he essentially took over a game. Granted Rice helped, but Flacco kept getting pummeled and yet kept fighting back. First time I saw him play and thought "he has it"

4. @ Denver 2013 Divisional
For the first time, everything that could go wrong went wrong and we still won, largely due to Flaccos big time arm.

3. @ Patriots 2011. In the biggest stage and the biggest moment, we found out everything we needed to know about Flacco. One of the most clutch passes ever, damn you Lee Evans.

2. Superbowl. If it weren't for the blackout and some weird offensive line blunders, Flacco might have broken some records. He showcased his huge arm and his ability to extend plays, capped off by a victory and an mvp award.

1. @ Pitt 2011. "92 yards against one great defense." Two crucial drops, and he still delivered. Doesn't get better than that.

I remembered cursing and yelling at the TV when Torrey dropped that pass in the endzone earlier. Then when Joe Flacco threw another to Torrey, I was running around in circles screaming and scaring the neighbors.

Edited by Corvus Amplus, 01 June 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#7 Guest_nflfan123_*

Guest_nflfan123_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

The game that convinced me Flacco was more than what the media says he is was when he killed my Raiders. I know it was a secondary of Michael Huff and Ron Bartell but his throws were perfect.

#8 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I know it wasnt a big pressure game,but his performance in week 1 of last season was THE best of his career passing wise.Besides maybe 2 throws,every single pass,read and audible he made that night was PERFECT!He had a few bad throws in the games you listed even though he was on for the most part in them.But  that Cincinnati game was just a quarterback clinic.

#9 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Now that I think about it,he was on in the sb too.The only 2 throws I had a problem with was him under throwing Jacoby on the td and a pass on the right side to Torrey.I think the Smith pass was in the end zone.

#10 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,370 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Week 16 against the Giants Flacco balled out as well, but the list you have is very good.

@gabefergy

#11 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

I remembered cursing and yelling at the TV when Torrey dropped that pass in the endzone earlier. Then when Joe Flacco threw another to Torrey, I was running around in circles screaming and scaring the neighbors.

This is the truth.  I was in a bar at the time, and everyone had given up after the Torrey throw.  A minute later, the ground was shaking so hard you could barely stand up.

Nothing like a come-from-behind win against Pittsburgh.  This is definitely one of my favorites, with this years game at Mile High taking a very close second place.

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,672 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Awesome thread. I agree with everything on your list except I would flip 1 & 3.

Last year he went off in New England as well.

Also week 1 in 2011 against Pittsburgh. One of the greatest wins offensively and defensively I've ever seen us have

Edited by Ravens<3, 03 June 2013 - 11:36 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,672 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Also in 2011 when he and Torrey Smith lit up the Rams. That was probably one of his best statistical performances in his career.

I also loved when he went to Atlanta in 2010 (I think) and played his butt off just to lose in heartbreaking fashion. :/
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#14 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

1. SB47 - he was ON, against a great defense. he played ballsy, but smart, and he won with more than his arm, he won with his eyes, his toughness, and while our o-line got shredded by the pass rush, he stared down the field, shaking off multiple pass rushers, and kept making plays. 

2. @ pitt 2011 - the comeback, theres nothing i can really knock flacco for in this game at all, he carried us in a low key manner throughout the game, not making big plays, but not making mistakes, and making the key small plays that kept ben on the sidelines and kept the game within reach, and then he pulled off an absolutely spectacular drive inside the 2 minute warning, and when torrey dropped the td pass, he kept goin, and went right back to him for the GW TD. 

3. Denver divisional - if we wanna keep it real here, this more of a game full of luck, huge plays, defensive breakdowns, and raw emotion. joe made no mistakes, this is the game where he gets strip sacked in the 4th when were up by 3 and we end up losing, weve seen it so many times, but this game showed that that was all history. joe took advantage of all his opportunities when torrey beat champ, he saw a flat footed safety at the end and saved the day with a ballsy throw on 3rd down, instead of converting the first, he went for the throat, and thats what we love about joe. 

4. 2010 @ atlanta - so underrated, joe balled out in the 2nd half, something was wrong wth our entire team in the first half, we were just off. then when the 3rd quarter came around, joe became a superhero, threw 3 td's and carried us to a comeback, and sadly the defense stalled, i put this above the AZ game because that AZ game was more about boldin taking over, i dont agree with the talk about boldin carrying flacco and making him look better, but in this case, boldin really did put the team on his back. 

5. rookie year, divisional round vs titans - traveled to the first seed, to play the unstoppable titans, with their awesome front 4, their rough and tough secondary, that rushing game thats gonna keep our slow and one dimensional offense off the field.. but joe said otherwise, he threw a beautiful td pass early to derrick mason, gave us a opportunity to unleash our defense, and we took advantage while joe made all the right moves to manage the game, and as a rookie he brought us back at the very end to let stover do his thing and win it for us, and instead of making safe throws and being cautious, knowing we were tied, he made a ballsy seam throw, threaded the needle through double coverage, and slung that ball on a line to todd heap, it was clutch, and it was a sign of things to come. 

i dont want to count the afccg because nobody seems to remember we got very lucky that brady launched the ball deep into double coverage allowing the jimmy to get a pick, because joe had almost put the nail in our own coffin right before that, by throwing a idiotic pass directly to brandon spikes. it was a time to be clutch, and he tried to throw a seam to a guy who already covered perfectly, and did so without seeing the zone coverage underneath, and if it wasnt for the jimmys amazing pick, we would not have even had a reason to yell and shout about cundiff and evans, because we wouldnt have had a chance for a comeback drive. crucial mistakes in crucial moments are a big deal to me, and that pick he threw still floats around in my mind, thats not to say he didnt play a great game, but those kind of mistakes are deal brealers

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

All great games everyone has been mentioning. I'll throw out the 2012 opener against the Bengals.

Two TDs, 299 yards, 70+% completion, 10+ yards/attempt, and a 128.4 QBR in 3 and a half quarters. Mid-way through the 4th, he was on the bench sipping Gatorade and relishing a blowout.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#16 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

I didn't include blowouts in my list. Not because Joe didn't play well in those games, but because to me they aren't as impressive as playing great and clutch in close games.

I forgot the Atlanta game, he was spectacular in the second half.

#17 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

1. SB47 - he was ON, against a great defense. he played ballsy, but smart, and he won with more than his arm, he won with his eyes, his toughness, and while our o-line got shredded by the pass rush, he stared down the field, shaking off multiple pass rushers, and kept making plays.

2. @ pitt 2011 - the comeback, theres nothing i can really knock flacco for in this game at all, he carried us in a low key manner throughout the game, not making big plays, but not making mistakes, and making the key small plays that kept ben on the sidelines and kept the game within reach, and then he pulled off an absolutely spectacular drive inside the 2 minute warning, and when torrey dropped the td pass, he kept goin, and went right back to him for the GW TD.

3. Denver divisional - if we wanna keep it real here, this more of a game full of luck, huge plays, defensive breakdowns, and raw emotion. joe made no mistakes, this is the game where he gets strip sacked in the 4th when were up by 3 and we end up losing, weve seen it so many times, but this game showed that that was all history. joe took advantage of all his opportunities when torrey beat champ, he saw a flat footed safety at the end and saved the day with a ballsy throw on 3rd down, instead of converting the first, he went for the throat, and thats what we love about joe.

4. 2010 @ atlanta - so underrated, joe balled out in the 2nd half, something was wrong wth our entire team in the first half, we were just off. then when the 3rd quarter came around, joe became a superhero, threw 3 td's and carried us to a comeback, and sadly the defense stalled, i put this above the AZ game because that AZ game was more about boldin taking over, i dont agree with the talk about boldin carrying flacco and making him look better, but in this case, boldin really did put the team on his back.

5. rookie year, divisional round vs titans - traveled to the first seed, to play the unstoppable titans, with their awesome front 4, their rough and tough secondary, that rushing game thats gonna keep our slow and one dimensional offense off the field.. but joe said otherwise, he threw a beautiful td pass early to derrick mason, gave us a opportunity to unleash our defense, and we took advantage while joe made all the right moves to manage the game, and as a rookie he brought us back at the very end to let stover do his thing and win it for us, and instead of making safe throws and being cautious, knowing we were tied, he made a ballsy seam throw, threaded the needle through double coverage, and slung that ball on a line to todd heap, it was clutch, and it was a sign of things to come.

i dont want to count the afccg because nobody seems to remember we got very lucky that brady launched the ball deep into double coverage allowing the jimmy to get a pick, because joe had almost put the nail in our own coffin right before that, by throwing a idiotic pass directly to brandon spikes. it was a time to be clutch, and he tried to throw a seam to a guy who already covered perfectly, and did so without seeing the zone coverage underneath, and if it wasnt for the jimmys amazing pick, we would not have even had a reason to yell and shout about cundiff and evans, because we wouldnt have had a chance for a comeback drive. crucial mistakes in crucial moments are a big deal to me, and that pick he threw still floats around in my mind, thats not to say he didnt play a great game, but those kind of mistakes are deal brealers

Joe made that crucial pick yes, but Brady had already made a share of his own. Everyone makes mistakes, it doesn't delude what he did on that final drive. To me, that was in the top five most clutch passes I've ever seen.

#18 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

I agree with most of these replies.  I was also thinking about in 2011 week 3 Vs.  The Rams Flacco threw for 389 yards and 3 touchdowns.  This was when Joe and Torrey finally made a connection.  One of the best games that year.

jXGv4fo.jpg

#19 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Also in 2011 when he and Torrey Smith lit up the Rams. That was probably one of his best statistical performances in his career.

I also loved when he went to Atlanta in 2010 (I think) and played his butt off just to lose in heartbreaking fashion. :/

oops sorry didn't see your post.  I loved this game as i mentioned above.

jXGv4fo.jpg

#20 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Week 16 against the Giants Flacco balled out as well, but the list you have is very good.

When I think of this game, I think of that sick throw to Pitta when he was scrambling around Ben style for like 10 seconds, and fit in between three defenders. I agree this game was one of his best, to me I'd put it right outside my top 5, but there's definitely an arguement for it, he played sick in that game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users