Interior Defensive linemen (NT/DT)
1. Geno Atkins - Should be no argument here, this guy is absolutely dominant, the best Bengal player.
2. Haloti Ngata - While slowed a bit with injuries he is still one of the most powerful and athletic interior linemen in the game.
3. Chris Canty - Has been a consistent force in the interior of the Giants line, strong against the run and the pass, should do the same in Baltimore.
4. Phil Taylor - This will be his third year with the Browns and he will play the nose in their new 3/4 defensive scheme. While he missed have of last year, he graded well once he returned. Still has alot of potential to reach.
5. Steve McLendon - He has been the best interior D-lineman for the Steelers while only seeing limited time recently. This year he gets the start and should fill in nicely for Hampton.
1. Lawrence Timmons - Graded out in the top 5 in every important category for an inside linebacker last year. The most consistent linebacker for the Steelers.
2. Larry Foote - The veteran may only have a few years playing at a high level left, but is currently better than any other in the division - or at least proven himself.
3. DQwell jackson - While struggling quite a bit last year, he has played well in the past, and could possibly return to that form this year.
4. Jameel McClain - If he is fully recovered from his injury he should start at the mike once again. Despite getting off to a shaky start last year, he has played quite well here in the past.
5. Arthur Brown - Has the potential to shoot all the way up to number 2 next year, but has alot to prove and is already hindered with an injury.
*This was tough to even come up with a top 5 right now... Talent lacking here throughout the division.
Outside Linebacker / Defensive Ends
1. Terrell Suggs - Defensive player of the year in 2011 and still drew double teams after miraculously returning so quickly from the achilles injury last year.
2. Carlos Dunlap - Disruptive end that can blow up a run play and get after the passer for cincy
3. Elvis Dumervil - Now back in his more natural 3/4 OLB position he should be a terror opposite of Suggs.
4. Michael johnson - up and comming star on the other side of the Cincy D- Line has done quite well so far.
5. Courtney Upshaw - Graded as the number 2 3/4 OLB against the run in his rookie year. is fantastic at the dirty work, jus needs to improve his pass rushing skills at this point.
* Had to leave out Woodley due to really down year, Burfict decent but not game changing, Kruger - close with Upshaw , but more of a one trick pony here, Rookies Mingo and Jones yet to prove what they can do.
Edited by ravensdan, 26 May 2013 - 01:42 PM.