33 replies to this topic

#1 cushrinada1986

cushrinada1986

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I know that Flacco has never missed a game due to injury but since more of the load may be on him to lead the Ravens to another title, losing him for a set period of time is not out of the relms of possibility. I remember how effective the pistol offense was against us in the second half of the SB and I think the type of scheme that could play strongly to Tyrods strengths. In the pistol, Tyrod could use his quickness and speed to keep opponents defense guessing(in addition, he does have the arm to chuck it deep if need be). Maybe this is something they can experiment with during camp and the preseason, I really think with Tyrod and some of our other speed guys out there, we could make it work:

#2 CARavensFan

CARavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

This would be like the "Wildcat" system we tried to implement with Troy Smith. The issue it either puts Flacco out wide where the rist for injury is higher or off the field completely.

I'd rather let out Super Bowl MVP QB do his thing and focus on making the offense so dynamic that it makes people wonder what happened to that Pistol Fad just like they do with the Wildcat now.

In Ozzie I Trust!

Ec4fmT1375468968.gif

BRcom-Error.jpg

oops!! lol

#3 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,890 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

If we are in red zone against a skilled pressing secondary, this would be a good option to run it.

Other than that, dunno if we should spend too much time on it in camp

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#4 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

With all due respect to Tyrod, he simply isn't good enough to warrant being a co-starter/change of pace/etc. with Joe. Tyrod's legs are his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. He's fast and he's got a good arm, but he runs at the drop of a hat and he won't stand in the pocket long enough to deliver the big throws. It might be worthwhile to throw him in on a 4th down or two to force the other team to burn a TO or catch them offguard, but I simply don't trust Tyrod to be patient enough to capitalize on playaction, read-option, etc. type plays.

#5 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Just run it when we're in a blowout.

#6 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

With all due respect to Tyrod, he simply isn't good enough to warrant being a co-starter/change of pace/etc. with Joe. Tyrod's legs are his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. He's fast and he's got a good arm, but he runs at the drop of a hat and he won't stand in the pocket long enough to deliver the big throws. It might be worthwhile to throw him in on a 4th down or two to force the other team to burn a TO or catch them offguard, but I simply don't trust Tyrod to be patient enough to capitalize on playaction, read-option, etc. type plays.

This.

bJNF689.jpg

#7 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

NTM Tyrod doesn't really have experience with this. We used Dixon to run the scout team pistol last year. With the limited practices allowed under the new CBA, I think we should let Tyrod focus on running our normal offense in case he has to go into a game.

The only reason SF's pistol was working in the 2nd half was because of injuries to our defense.
15fqib6.jpg

#8 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I really think that I wouldn't mess too much with the high powered offense that won the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#9 Rav'n Maniac

Rav'n Maniac

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

The heck with the pistol. Stick with the shotgun!

#10 mgridda

mgridda

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

I think he's saying:

What do we do if Joe gets injured or goes down???? We should study the pistol in practice with Tyrod Taylor and run 2 schemes just in case of that so if Joe does go down, we can still compete.

Whereas you all seem to be misunderstanding him as saying we ever take game snaps away from Joe to snap the ball to Tyrod Taylor.

Posted Image

#11 cwfRaven

cwfRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Well then, I hope to see a lot of Tyrod this year!

#12 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Nobody thinks the run game can carry the load? I expect Bernard to be what Ray Rice was to the offense in 2009. Especially with KO at LG, and now that we have competition at Center. NTM best RG in football.

And while I haven't seen enough of Caleb Hanie outside of his relief duties in Chicago, I would like to believe that he can up his game to quality game manager status and possibly beat out Tyrod for the backup spot.

Pretty confident that Jim can make adjustments to suit the strengths of both players just like he salvaged our season in basically 2 weeks

Edited by easternshore97, 23 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#13 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Nobody thinks the run game can carry the load? I expect Bernard to be what Ray Rice was to the offense in 2009. Especially with KO at LG, and now that we have competition at Center. NTM best RG in football.

And while I haven't seen enough of Caleb Hanie outside of his relief duties in Chicago, I would like to believe that he can up his game to quality game manager status and possibly beat out Tyrod for the backup spot.

Pretty confident that Jim can make adjustments to suit the strengths of both players just like he salvaged our season in basically 2 weeks

If you ask me, I think Hanie vastly outperforms Tyrod, earns the backup spot, and then Mili's wish is granted through the trading of Tyrod Taylor. :P

#14 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

disagree, if it works, then theres a qb controversy, not a real one, but amongst fans, and i really dont feel like arguing with clueless people who are adamant about tyrod being a better qb than joe lol. for god sake the man had one good drive where he did nothing but run and hand it off, and some people tried to actually use that as an argument FOR him. i heard from a "fan" and i quote: "yeah thats how good he is, he doesnt even need to throw" and thats after a loss to the bengals where both teams rested a majority of starters..

idk if youre surrounded by moron fans in your daily life, but i am, and I wouldnt look forward to arguing with them every sunday lol

#15 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#16 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by JoeyFlex5, 23 May 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#17 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

disagree, if it works, then theres a qb controversy, not a real one, but amongst fans, and i really dont feel like arguing with clueless people who are adamant about tyrod being a better qb than joe lol. for god sake the man had one good drive where he did nothing but run and hand it off, and some people tried to actually use that as an argument FOR him. i heard from a "fan" and i quote: "yeah thats how good he is, he doesnt even need to throw" and thats after a loss to the bengals where both teams rested a majority of starters..

idk if youre surrounded by moron fans in your daily life, but i am, and I wouldnt look forward to arguing with them every sunday lol

Those would have to be pretty dumb fans. I'd rather take that risk and market Tyrod while the read-option is still relevant. Some team will be looking to acquire that kind of QB and join the party late.

#18 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

NTM Tyrod doesn't really have experience with this. We used Dixon to run the scout team pistol last year. With the limited practices allowed under the new CBA, I think we should let Tyrod focus on running our normal offense in case he has to go into a game.

The only reason SF's pistol was working in the 2nd half was because of injuries to our defense.

That and the extra half hour of game planning they had lol.

#19 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

I can't believe thats a real website lol

#20 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I can't believe thats a real website lol

Oh yes my friend, it is.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users