9 replies to this topic

#1 cushrinada1986

cushrinada1986

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

This guy could definitely take a roster spot with his talent. Would love to see this guy teamed with Streeter on goal line passing plays. Great hands and acceleration. 

http://www.georgiado.../121212aae.html

#2 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

aren't OTAs this weekend.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#3 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

For those of you that were wondering, he is 6'5'' 216. Would be awesome if he could contribute 

2mhhjsi.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Patriots GM

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,976 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

A potential IR candidate, since he tore his ACL in November.  He's got a big frame but his hands are questionable and he doesn't play as physical as his size suggests.  I like his potential, but I don't see any way that he makes the team this year.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#5 jraven22

jraven22

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

I like him as an IR candidate as rmw10 said. but if he could tap into that potential that he had coming out of high school... he would be awesome!

:baltimore-ravens: 

"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgement, we shall condemn."

:baltimore-ravens: 

#6 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

A potential IR candidate, since he tore his ACL in November.  He's got a big frame but his hands are questionable and he doesn't play as physical as his size suggests.  I like his potential, but I don't see any way that he makes the team this year.

I agree. I don't think he sees the field this year. He'll be an IR stash if I had to guess due to the depth of our WR position. The best thing is, this competition where we will soon find ourselves engaged will expose the lesser talent and allow us to part with it instead of continuing to hold on to lesser talent in hopes of it panning out into quality players. 

I'm very excited to be able to finally make a decision on these players. 

#7 organizedchaos007

organizedchaos007

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I agree. I don't think he sees the field this year. He'll be an IR stash if I had to guess due to the depth of our WR position. The best thing is, this competition where we will soon find ourselves engaged will expose the lesser talent and allow us to part with it instead of continuing to hold on to lesser talent in hopes of it panning out into quality players. 

I'm very excited to be able to finally make a decision on these players. 

This is a pretty good point. The fact that we have so much unproven (potential) talent at WR, people we continue to hold onto, like David Reed. Lets ReALLY find out what they have, and if they don't pan out, then we don't need to waste roster spots. Its time to see everything that we have, and replenish accordingly. 

Posted Image

#8 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good special team players are valuable too.  I'm not on the side of dumping Reed even if he's not a good receiver.  Let's see how the receiver situation plays out in the preseason.  I'll bet that we take someone that gets cut from another roster late in August for the practice squad.  The receiver position isn't a weakness with Torrey and Jacoby still on the roster.

Edited by CapoRocky, 19 May 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#9 organizedchaos007

organizedchaos007

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Good special team players are valuable too.  I'm not on the side of dumping Reed even if he's not a good receiver.  Let's see how the receiver situation plays out in the preseason.  I'll bet that we take someone that gets cut from another roster late in August for the practice squad.  The receiver position isn't a weakness with Torrey and Jacoby still on the roster.

I've actually been a fan of Reed, hes shown, on and off he can come in and make an impact. And other than a crucial fumble on special teams,... he was leading the league in return average. 

Posted Image

#10 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

WR is actually a tough position because you have to work on your hands, footwork, body control, ball tracking, and route running. Also, you have to learn a lot about the playbok because WRs tend to be on the field a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users