Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yatagarasu

Bernard Pollard animosity?

116 posts in this topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/pollard-wont-accompany-ravens-to-white-house/

I know that the rule of thumb is to not trust everything from the media. However, it seems Pollard been circulating around the media lately and not in a very positive way. He could been part of the mutiny, or not, but he really isn't afraid to talk about anything. Sometimes, avoiding the media and being quiet is the best option to avoid unwanted attention to a player and team. Pollard could have just said he had other plans, but adding the fact that he didn't want to be with certain people could mean many thing. He could have been misquoted, but he could be sending out his few remaining jabs. Pollard played well during his time here, but wore out his welcome by being outspoken. John Harbaugh dealt with these players before like Chris McAlister for example. 

Exactly why he was cut.  He was cut months ago and is still talking about it.  I know the media is asking these questions, but he doesn't have to give the answers he's giving.

Yeah. I heard about this earlier today on The Fan. He sounds really bitter and isn't coming off very manly. Kinda sounds childish to me. I like Pollard and still do. I like the way he plays football. With that said, I definitely don't like his behavior or attitude at times. He comes off a bit selfish. 

I can't say I blame him about not wanting to go, however. It is a little awkward to be cut from the team you just helped get to the Super Bowl & then go with the team to the White House. It's not like he was a free agent or anything. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/pollard-wont-accompany-ravens-to-white-house/

I know that the rule of thumb is to not trust everything from the media. However, it seems Pollard been circulating around the media lately and not in a very positive way. He could been part of the mutiny, or not, but he really isn't afraid to talk about anything. Sometimes, avoiding the media and being quiet is the best option to avoid unwanted attention to a player and team. Pollard could've just said he had other plans, but adding fact that he didn't want to be with certain people could mean many thing. He could've been misquoted, but he could be sending out his few remaining jabs. Pollard played well during his time here, but wore out his welcome by being outspoken. John Harbaugh dealed with these players before like Chris McAlister for example.

You must want these grow men to be mind less fools for the organization they play for. Heads up buddy, CrushBoy was the Union PR for the Raven Players so it was his job to speak out against things that they felt where wrong. Remember Harbs tried to make them play in full pads that time after the Houston lost, well that was against the new CBA rules buddy .......

Yeah. I heard about this earlier today on The Fan. He sounds really bitter and isn't coming off very manly. Kinda sounds childish to me. I like Pollard and still do. I like the way he plays football. With that said, I definitely don't like his behavior or attitude at times. He comes off a bit selfish. 

I can't say I blame him about not wanting to go, however. It is a little awkward to be cut from the team you just helped get to the Super Bowl & then go with the team to the White House. It's not like he was a free agent or anything. 

I agree.  It gets to a point where these answers should be something along the lines of "What's done is done.  I'm a Titan now." That's never his answer though.  It's always more complaining.  I'm annoyed with him in these 2 short months.  I can't imagine what it would be like seeing him everyday if this is any indication to why he was cut.

He sounds bitter. Heard the interview live.

I don't blame him necessarily. He probably didn't think he was in jeopardy, played his heart out, only to be given the pink slip. But this is his fourth team and he's not even 30 years old so...it's time he looks at the man in the mirror, so the speak.

You must want these grow men to be mind less fools for the organization they play for. Heads up buddy, CrushBoy was the Union PR for the Raven Players so it was his job to speak out against things that they felt where wrong. Remember Harbs tried to make them play in full pads that time after the Houston lost, well that was against the new CBA rules buddy .......

How does this justify taking public shots at the team months after his release? 

Where in the CBA does it say no pads? I'm being serious I actually have no idea.

You all do know if the players didn't do what they did Cam would still be here.....can you say No Superbowl.

What does that have to do with Cam...?

It seems like the more he talks he'll just justify why we cut him. He needs to put aside his grudges and move on. I just hope he doesn't try to go to the Steelers at any point of his career. It would break my heart, he was one of my favorites.  

Someone get that man a tissue!

2011 Pollard was a lot different than 2012 Pollard.

Some one get Harbs a tissue. The players speak out , Cam gets fired so @ the end of this great Superbowl run he cleans house.....

Some one get Harbs a tissue. The players speak out , Cam gets fired so @ the end of this great Superbowl run he cleans house.....

Harbaugh fires Cam, wins the SB, then is mad?

Ozzie & Steve made Harbs let him go, dont know where you get your info from.....

So if this were the case, what does that have to do with the players?

So if this were the case, what does that have to do with the players?

Yeah I'm not getting the connection here either lol

He has every reason to be pissed haha he went from the Ravens to the Titans after having an unbelievable year for us and being one of the leaders of this defense! That's like going from traveling first class and staying in the Ritz to traveling on the Bolt bus and sleeping 4 people to a bed at the Motel 6 haha. Let him be salty and talk. Whatever.

Ozzie & Steve made Harbs let him go, dont know where you get your info from.....

Yeah, where did you get that info from? Your bum, I'd imagine? 

What are you even saying here?

PurpleCityLights, on 15 May 2013 - 5:13 PM, said:

Well Harbaugh said numerous times it was his decision and Bisciotti and Newsome echoed that. Where does your information come from??

Ozzie Newsome

"That wouldn't be fair to John," Newsome said Friday. "John has to stand before his coaching staff and his players and if at any one point do they ever think that he's overly influenced by Steve or I, then he loses his staff or his players. It has to be him."

"And it came down to when he walked into my office and told me that he was going to make that decision, he had a peace about himself and that's all I can ask of my people, for them to be, 'Yes, I think this is the right thing to do.' "

Steve Bisciotti

On whether he was responsible for Cam Cameron’s firing: “[i] categorically deny it. That’s what is so ridiculous. You can’t pat me on the back and say that I hire good people and let them do their jobs. And then one guy decides to say I pushed or forced John [Harbaugh] to do it. I don’t push or force John to do anything. John called me. I didn’t call John. He said he already spoke to Ozzie and was pretty sure he was going to make this decision and we spent a half hour on the phone.”

Even if it were true how does that relate back to Bernard Pollard?

For the record I don't think for a second it was just Harbs decision to get rid of Cam, but if the decision came from the top, that has zero to do with the players.

Anyways... Pollard can talk all he wants, but he can't deny that he was part of a team that earned a ring. He did his work and we moved on. I think after time passes, he'll come to his senses to appreciate a tough disciplinary organization ran by Harbaugh. There's why no non-sense organizations like the Belichick's Patriots, Coughlin's Giants, and Harbaugh's Ravens contend every year. 

agree, really liked him in his first year, then really dis-liked him in the second

He does have a point though, if its an open floor discussion there should be no repercussions, but harbaugh has cemented his status now as the man, it's his team and will be run his way. Blue collar guys, that work hard, obedient and earn their spot Monday to Saturday.

It was evidenced in recent drafts and the cuts and re signings.

I'd say pollard was just to outspoken for harbaugh and not the type of personality he wanted and this open floor discussion is what cemented that

"I gotta sit this one out, man. I actually have a vacation with my family and then I'm coming back to get [my ring]. If I didn't have a vacation, I wouldn't come in anyway."

Harbaugh: 

IQPqI.gif