47 replies to this topic

#1 Oh This Ravens Fan

Oh This Ravens Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just saw something interesting i saw on NFL.com. Some experts made thei pick on who would they want with the game on the line. Adam Rank picked Joe Flacco, out of all the Qbs in the league, saying "who else would you pick?"

http://www.nfl.com/n...-among-goto-qbs

Of course i completely agree with him. Flacco is a monster when it matters most, there's no denying that. Good to see flacco at least get some repsect.

Edited by Oh This Ravens Fan, 10 May 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Pitta Hut Delivers

Follow me on Twitter! @tyler_J_tharp

#2 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

That's great and all, but their opinions change by the minute. By next week he'll say he'd prefer Andrew Luck in the clutch.

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#3 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

Flaccos huge arm and confident throwing mentality always will give him an opportunity to make a gamebreaking plays. I wouldn't discount Rodgers and Big Ben with their ability to move the chains with their accuracy while escaping pressure either. Joe showed the same ability in the playoffs, especially the SB. I really hope we will see that on a regular basis from him. We really could use that improved 3rd down conversion rate.^^

bJNF689.jpg

#4 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Don't care, Rank used to dog Flacco but, since he won a ring, Rank has changed his tune. Don't like the guy, I present to you:

http://boards.baltim...e-by-adam-rank/

http://www.nfl.com/n...somugha-too-low

I'm surprised Flacco even made the list
Joe Flacco had to be stunned he wasn't the top vote getter in the "Top 100" and likely flipped furniture while wondering what to do with all of the guacamole he ordered for his "Top 100" reveal party.

I'm kind of surprised Flacco is held in such high esteem of his peers, especially when you consider Cowboys QB Tony Romo clocked in at No. 91 on this list. I like to knock Romo for his December failures as much as the next guy, but he had more passing yards, more touchdowns, less interceptions and a higher passer rating than Flacco last season.

So, despite Flacco's assertion that he's the best quarterback in the league, I'm surprised he even made this list.

Tons of other shots at him, too, if you do a quick google. Rank is a fantasy football guy and one of the writers who churns out garbage articles and has been bringing nfl.com down. Again, don't like the guy.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#5 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,278 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Rank just probably picked him because of his postseason. You have to look at the stats.

Player      4th qtr  rating   4th qtr(within 7)     last 2min/ half.       avg      avg - 2012 season avg

P. Manning   106.7                 127.2                  109.5               114.4                   +8.6

Rodgers       110.2                 119.8                   93.1                107.7                   -0.3

Flacco          112.0                  97.3                   109.7               106.3                 +18.6

Cutler           114.7                  94.3                    95.6                101.5                 +20.2

Ryan             91.3                   92.8                    118.1              100.7                   +1.6

Eli                  90.2                   97.1                   104.3                97.2                  +10.0

Kaepernick   100.0                 111.2                   76.8                 96.0                    -2.3

Big Ben         93.3                   83.0                   109.4                95.2                     -2.5

Brees            78.8                  103.7                   94.2                 92.2                     -4.1

Romo           101.2                  95.5                    77.3                 91.3                    +0.8

Brady            91.4                   84.2                    75.2                 90.4                     -8.3

Wilson           97.7                   83.8                    80.3                 87.3                    -12.7

RGIII              84.8                   92.3                    86.9                 88.0                    -14.4

Newton          94.8                   96.5                    63.5                 84.9                     -1.2

Schaub         86.7                    98.1                    68.3                 84.3                     -6.3

Rivers           67.8                    32.6                    81.8                   :(

2nd highest 4th quarter rating,

6th highest 4th quarter rating when the game is within 7 points,

2nd highest rating in the last 2 minutes of halves,

and of course best overall rating in the postseason.

Joe is also the only QB to not throw a pick in the 4th quarter or OT of a game all season.

So yes, I would consider picking Joe when the game is on the line. 

Edited by hawkprey, 10 May 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,597 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Don't like him. Don't like most of the NFL "experts" on TV. I don't care about their opinion anymore regardless if it's a good one. Screw those people who want to jump on the bandwagon now, they'll change their minds In a minute. No one sticks to their guts.

I do like Jaws though, he's been behind Joe all his career.

Edited by Ravens<3, 10 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,209 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'd bet a lot of money Rank chose Joe just so then he could read all the comments below the article as people took shots at Joe.  Ridiculous some of those people keep brining up Joe's regular season numbers, as if they aren't as good or better than Brady's, Brees', Roethlisberger's and Eli's in their first 5 seasons

#8 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Flaccos huge arm and confident throwing mentality always will give him an opportunity to make a gamebreaking plays. I wouldn't discount Rodgers and Big Ben with their ability to move the chains with their accuracy while escaping pressure either. Joe showed the same ability in the playoffs, especially the SB. I really hope we will see that on a regular basis from him. We really could use that improved 3rd down conversion rate.^^

A lot of people don't know that he got a hip pointer. Pretty sure that's part of the reason why he wasn't moving around a ton since he ran for that 38 YD TD in his debut.

#9 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Don't care, Rank used to dog Flacco but, since he won a ring, Rank has changed his tune. Don't like the guy, I present to you: http://boards.baltim...e-by-adam-rank/ http://www.nfl.com/n...somugha-too-low   Tons of other shots at him, too, if you do a quick google. Rank is a fantasy football guy and one of the writers who churns out garbage articles and has been bringing nfl.com down. Again, don't like the guy.

So between dec 2011 and may 2013 one couldn't feel that flacco got better?
Flacco, Torrey, rice. Baltimores triplets

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

So between dec 2011 and may 2013 one couldn't feel that flacco got better?

Dogging someone is different than be objective and wanting to see more
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Don't care, Rank used to dog Flacco but, since he won a ring, Rank has changed his tune. Don't like the guy, I present to you:

http://boards.baltim...e-by-adam-rank/

http://www.nfl.com/n...somugha-too-low

Tons of other shots at him, too, if you do a quick google. Rank is a fantasy football guy and one of the writers who churns out garbage articles and has been bringing nfl.com down. Again, don't like the guy.

Wow, what a joke

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#12 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Dogging someone is different than be objective and wanting to see more

Flacco as a rook in the playoffs deserved dogging
Flacco as a second year player in the playoffs deserved dogging.

Just because we as fans support him and this is our team doesn't mean the players aren't above SOME of the flack they catch

To me I'd have listed flacco as pedestrian in the playoffs those first two years it was the third year when we beat kc that he got control of the post season. That's when I'd say alot of people (skip) went for rightfully dogging him to just being haters because he would do what they said he needed to do yet they still complained...anyways I'm not really discussing your point now as I think you understand that a mans comments one year doesn't mean they should be what he believes every year thereafter...

#13 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Flacco as a rook in the playoffs deserved dogging
Flacco as a second year player in the playoffs deserved dogging.

Just because we as fans support him and this is our team doesn't mean the players aren't above SOME of the flack they catch

To me I'd have listed flacco as pedestrian in the playoffs those first two years it was the third year when we beat kc that he got control of the post season. That's when I'd say alot of people (skip) went for rightfully dogging him to just being haters because he would do what they said he needed to do yet they still complained...anyways I'm not really discussing your point now as I think you understand that a mans comments one year doesn't mean they should be what he believes every year thereafter...

My point was that I won't listen to anything Rank says because of his past columns and unprofessionalism. People can change their mind, I know I have. But the constant, baseless bashing got old and I learned to tune guys like Adam Rank (among others) out.

It's cool that he got his jollies bashing Joe Flacco - lots of people do/did - he carved a portion of his career doing it. It's also cool that he did a complete 180 when Flacco beat him over the head with reality - some people still haven't done that. I just don't care, though, goes in one ear out the other.

And, just to make the distinction - I'm not saying Joe Flacco is, or was, above criticism. But that's not what was happening. Plenty of people have fairly critiqued the player, myself included, but some of the stuff I posted above is straight garbage.
a9skd1.jpg

#14 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Welcome to 2010, Rank.

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

#15 Speed Kills

Speed Kills

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Jaws has always supported Flacco and at least last year Berman gets credit for sticking with the Ravens all season too.

#16 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Good for Joe but I would take Aaron Rodgers. Doesn't mean I hate Joe, just means I think Rodgers is better. Just like how I love Torrey Smith but I'd take Megatron over him any day of the week.

Homerism makes me laugh.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#17 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

My point was that I won't listen to anything Rank says because of his past columns and unprofessionalism. People can change their mind, I know I have. But the constant, baseless bashing got old and I learned to tune guys like Adam Rank (among others) out.It's cool that he got his jollies bashing Joe Flacco - lots of people do/did - he carved a portion of his career doing it. It's also cool that he did a complete 180 when Flacco beat him over the head with reality - some people still haven't done that. I just don't care, though, goes in one ear out the other.And, just to make the distinction - I'm not saying Joe Flacco is, or was, above criticism. But that's not what was happening. Plenty of people have fairly critiqued the player, myself included, but some of the stuff I posted above is straight garbage.

Calling bs..if you won't listen, or even don't care about rank, then your posts in this thread don't happen...jussayin

#18 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

I became a believer after this game.

#19 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Calling bs..if you won't listen, or even don't care about rank, then your posts in this thread don't happen...jussayin

Difference between hearing and listening, 'jussayin'. More accurately, I don't respect what he says.

Some people can be objectively critical - Jaworski, Simms, Collinsworth, Young, etc - and some people just go off because they're not very good at what they do - Dukes, Evans, Rank, etc.
a9skd1.jpg

#20 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Jaws is the only one  who is a raven supporter in the media it seems

Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users