Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhstandard

Trading for a WR

301 posts in this topic

It's a bit early but who would be your top candidates?  Not a number one but a solid number 2/3.  

Say we head into training camp and we see that only a few guys are legitimate contenders.  This is Caldwell's offense now and I see a need for 4-5 good receivers.  

1. Torrey

5. Pitta

Jacoby/Doss/Thompson/Streeter.  Say only one or two work out for us.  We have a hole.

It's hard to tell who might even be on the market.  The only guys I see right now that are candidates to be traded are Nate Washington and Doug Baldwin.

I'll give my left arm, left kidney, left lung, & half my liver for Julio Jones.

I was thinking more like a number 2 guy.

I was thinking more like a number 2 guy.

I really think we'll be OK. I really do. I think we'll be just fine. I don't want to trade for anything but a LT. Peters, Monroe, & to a lesser extent Albert. I really don't want Albert, though. I hope Ozzie is on the phone with the Jaguars trying to exchange Oher & a draft pick for Monroe. I really, really do.

Part of the biggest reason why the Pats are so successful is because of the OL Brady has. Give Joe time, he'll pick you apart. We can use Ray Rice as a slot WR. People forget that. We also have Dennis Pitta. We can use Bernard Pierce as a RB, KJ as a TE, with Jones & Smith as WO. 

PolishRifle appearance in 3......2......1...... ;)

C'mon Polish I know you wanna give your voice

I guess, if you guys don't have good arguments you would have to stick to bullying. :P

I don't think there are many good FAs left on the market. The best available WR left is Brandon Lloyd, who reportedly is a lockerroom cancer and is already 32.

Man, that Boldin trade screwed us over. I don't see the Ravens trading for a WR. At that point we would probably stick to the benchwarmers we already have.

I'd be uncomfortable if we entered the season with Jacoby as the number two WR. The rest of the WR's on the roster simply don't scare defenses like Anquan did. Not sure how our locker room will be without Ray and Ed gone, but I'd sign Lloyd immediately. I would still feel this way even if we drafted someone like Justin Hunter of Keenan Allen, but obviously we did not. I'm all for bringing Lloyd in.

I guess, if you guys don't have good arguments you would have to stick to bullying. :P

I don't think there are many good FAs left on the market. The best available WR left is Brandon Lloyd, who reportedly is a lockerroom cancer and is already 32.

Man, that Boldin trade screwed us over. I don't see the Ravens trading for a WR. At that point we would probably stick to the benchwarmers we already have.

How can you say the Boldin trade screwed us before we even played this season? way too  early to go crying like some sissy

It's a bit early but who would be your top candidates?  Not a number one but a solid number 2/3.  

Say we head into training camp and we see that only a few guys are legitimate contenders.  This is Caldwell's offense now and I see a need for 4-5 good receivers.  

1. Torrey

5. Pitta

Jacoby/Doss/Thompson/Streeter.  Say only one or two work out for us.  We have a hole.

I was very impressed with Deonte during the preseason and really think he has alot of ability .

He just may emerge as the second outside wideout. So that leaves the slot position. Who knows ,maybe Doss ,maybe not .

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Deonte Thompson grabs a wideout spot with stellar play in the

preseason .Oh yeah,he did that last year .

The slot position is anyone's guess. Tandon, maybe.

1. Torrey

5. Pitta

I have no idea who would even be available right now.  If we really want to bring in a veteran, I think our best bet is to wait until camp cuts and then snag one - that's how we got Houshmanzadeh.

Maybe we can Glue Torrey's dreads on Arron Mellette and just let him run 9 routs!! Guess we can't cause Torrey already posted his new look on twitter.We couldn't fool anyone!! Lol

I am willing to trade away the next three drafts for Megatron.

Is that enough?

You have to be joking. Lol. No way you are serious.

If anything I see us bringing in someone who gets cut during training camp.  But remember Lee Evans was a panic move the front office made because apparently they didn't like what they saw in preseason - I think that trade in 2011 has made them stick to their guns a bit more in evaluating our current talent.  What I want to see is whoever the 5 receivers are, that all 5 of them get ample playing time so we can actually see if they can play.

I really hope one of the guys outside of Torrey and JJ just blow the competition away. To see Streeter or Deonte take the 2 spot would be exciting to watch. I'm really rooting for streeter based on the fact that he is 6-6 and we already have Two deep threat-like receivers.

Hmmmmmm i'm really am not sure what team the ravens could do business with in a trade for a wideout. I guess you could look at the seahawks wideouts such as  doug baldwin  as a player of interest even Goldin tate.  Chargers wideout Robert  Meachum or Eddie Royal could be some  nice candidates  Denario Alexander as well . i think overall it may be best to just trust guys the ravens have already

I think Ozzie will be hesitate to trade for a WR after wasting a 4th for Lee Evans

Doubt it.  That'd be like saying he wouldn't draft another first round QB after Boller.

If anything I see us bringing in someone who gets cut during training camp.  But remember Lee Evans was a panic move the front office made because apparently they didn't like what they saw in preseason - I think that trade in 2011 has made them stick to their guns a bit more in evaluating our current talent.  What I want to see is whoever the 5 receivers are, that all 5 of them get ample playing time so we can actually see if they can play.

If I remember correctly it was because Torrey was struggling, Boldin wasn't panning out, and we had just cut Mason and Heap.  It was a good move and Evans actually played really well when he wasn't injured.  Besides that last drop he made some outstanding catches.

Imagine if Jacoby didn't catch that bomb and his last play was dropping the 3rd down conversion in Denver.  Despite his fantastic play all year we would have called him another free agent bust and blamed the season ending loss on him.

I still really like Tandon Doss and think he will win the #2 spot, and move into the slot when we go 3-wide.

But that doesn't answer your questions. I liked Leonard Hankerson when he was in the 2011 draft. I mean, I really, really liked him. Not as much as I was high on Torrey, but still. I'd love to have Torrey and Leonard.

Remember how good LaQuan Williams was that year? If anyone showed they can play on the field, it was LaQuan.

as for signings, the Bills signed Da'Rick Rodgers. Devin Thomas retired from the NFL to avoid brain injuries, then came out of retirement in january to sign with the Lions. I think he likes being around the state of michigan, though. I don't know.

I don't know if there's any wide receiver in our price range that I'd like to trade for. Anquan Boldin was my guy since 2003, but he is out of our price range: as is megatron or anyone good. 

I say we give the young guys drafted beyond round 2 a shot for the first time in this team's history. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Deonte Thompson grabs a wideout spot with stellar play in the
preseason .Oh yeah,he did that last year .

The slot position is anyone's guess. Tandon, maybe.

That would not surprise me in the least. Laquan seems to have fallen out of favor behind him at this point v

For the love of god trade for Kenny Britt or Danario Alexander. We have depth at wr, not a legit #2. How you gonna give Flacco a new contract and then turn around and take away his go to wr? If anything the draft should've been all about offense. We definitely should've added a wr like Keenan Allen or a Stedman Bailey. Give Flacco some new toys! He lost Boldin and you haven't given him ANYTHING in return. I thought this team was switching to an offensive focus? Don't make Flacco try to carry the offense and make up for an underdeveloped wr core. If we don't make a move for a legit WR I will be very upset. In Ozzie I Trust. Get it done sooner rather then later!