23 replies to this topic

#1 chappers11

chappers11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

So Bleacher Report has been compiling lists of the top players for last year in every position and they put the last set up today so I thought I would do a full list of where our players ranked. Any players who aren't on the lists anywhere we're ranked. I have put their names, position then ranking and how many the list was out of. The linebackers and defensive ends were ranked as 3-4 or 4-3 separately.

Offseason Loses:

Paul Kruger, OLB, 10/36

Matt Birk, C, 23/35

Anquan Boldin, WR, 37/100

Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, 14/60

Ray Lewis, ILB, 17/60

Bernard Pollard, S, 19/75

Ed Reed, S, 29/75

Cary Williams, CB, 39/100

Brendon Ayanbadejo, ILB, 52/60

Bobbie Williams, G, 60/70

Offseason Additions:

Marcus Spears, DE, 31/35
Rolando McClain, ILB, 16/60
Michael Huff, S, 53/100 (Ranked as a CB)

Chris Canty, DE, 13/50

Elvis Dumervil, OLB, 27/50

Roster:

Joe Flacco, QB, 6/65
Tyrod Taylor, QB, 57/65

Bernard Pierce, RB, 26/90
Ray Rice, RB, 3/90
Vonta Leach, FB, 1/16

Jacoby Jones, WR, 42/100
Torrey Smith, WR 31/100

Dennis Pitta, TE, 19/50
Ed Dickson, TE, 48/50

Ramon Harewood, G, 43/70
Michael Oher, LT, 27/35
Kelechi Osemele, RT, 20/35
Jah Reid, G, 47/70
Marshal Yanda, G, 1/70

Arthur Jones, DE, 12/35
Pernell McPhee, DE, 14/35
Haloti Ngata, DE, 6/35

Josh Bynes, ILB, 51/60
Jameel McClain, ILB, 44/60
Terrell Suggs, OLB 5/36
Courtney Upshaw, OLB, 22/36
Albert McClellan, OLB, 13/36

Chykie Brown, CB, 86/100
Corey Graham, CB, 55/100
Jimmy Smith, CB, 75/100
Lardarius Webb, CB, 10/100

Sam Koch, P, 15/32
Justin Tucker, K, 2/32

So we have 33 players on our current roster who are in the top how ever many of their respective positions, I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd say that's quite a good representation.

#2 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

1000?

Who's at 1000?

Tim Tebow?

#3 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Good job on your research and putting this together.

However, I feel some of our players are underrated.

Underrated:

Kelechi Osemele - If he revert to OG, then I think he can crack into the top 15 range.

Corey Graham - I think his ranking would be higher when he gets more reps. He played like a beast in the playoffs.

Edited by Corvus Amplus, 22 April 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#4 BOLDnPurPnBlacK

BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Who created these rankings and what criteria were they based on?
Google me.

#5 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Top Five QB:

1. Tom Brady - No brainer, since he proved it by getting rings. MVPs, and tons of recognition including a Supermodel wife.

2. Aaron Rodgers - One of the best young QBs out there.

3. Peyton Manning - You have to respect the man for what he has done for the last decade.

4. Matt Ryan - Seriously? I think his stud receivers bail him out a lot, but he is higher than QBs that have rings.

5. Drew Brees - He's merciless. If the NFL followed college football rules, I have no doubt Brees will try to break 6000 passing yards.

6. Joe Flacco - Finally he gets the recognition he deserves. I think Flacco is a top five QB, if we knock Matt Ryan down a few notch. Ryan's stats have been hyped due to him playing in the NFC South, where there's no defense. Flacco is the QB I would want, since he's battle-tested against tough defenses and cold weathers like the the games in Steelers' territory.

Edited by Corvus Amplus, 22 April 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#6 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

http://bleacherrepor...erbacks/page/61

If Flacco replaces Ryan, then he's a top five QB, and I agree with that.

#7 chappers11

chappers11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

These were all complied on the bleacher report website, just search for their NFL Top 1000 and you'll find all their listings and more description on why they players are ranked as such, I believe each position had a different set of criteria but everyone was scored individually out of 100 and then placed into order within their position, I didn't make these rankings just thought that I would find all the Ravens players and put a list together for us all to read.

I personally think of WR could be little higher ranked, especially Jacoby with his return skills and Pitta should be higher than 19, just my opinions though :)

#8 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

We're going to have to replace a lot of talents that we lost due to free agency.

Offseason Loses:

Paul Kruger, OLB, 10/36 - I don't know how he is a top 10 OLB, but I guess there's not a lot of elite OLB out there.

Matt Birk, C, 23/35 - Underrated, since he was the glue that held our O-line together through tough times

Anquan Boldin, WR, 37/100 - The man made his money's worth in the playoffs by being a beast,

Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, 14/60 - He turned out to be a very good ILB, but is getting paid like a top five ILB.

Ray Lewis, ILB, 17/60 - The legend still played strong till the end. He played like a top five ILB for almost 15 years.

Bernard Pollard, S, 19/75 - We like his ferocity, but he was getting exposed as a liability.

Ed Reed, S, 29/75 - Age and health are slowing Reed, who was onr of the best safeties in the past decade.

Cary Williams, CB, 39/100 - We burn Williams a lot due to him allowing a lot of yards, but he played solid and didn't allow the big plays that often.

Brendon Ayanbadejo, ILB, 52/60 - Special Teamer only and I think his time here was overdue because we need to start getting younger. At least he got a ring to end his career.

Bobbie Williams, G, 60/70 - Probably a bust FA signing, but he's got a ring to end his career that was underrated.

#9 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

For bleacherreport this is a surprisingly fair set of rankings. Of course they could've just had a subscription to profootballweekly and used their grades. My biggest gripe is that Rolando McClain's spot is really generous and Jimmy's and Upshaw's really aren't. Jimmy's been battling injuries. Upshaw is a beast against the run.

#10 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Stopper at suggs being ranked five coming of the worst year in his career and only 2 sacks. Your trying to tell me that only four 34 olbs had a better year than him last year?

Thats why I don't read bleacher report

#11 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Stopper at suggs being ranked five coming of the worst year in his career and only 2 sacks. Your trying to tell me that only four 34 olbs had a better year than him last year?

Thats why I don't read bleacher report

I saw "Bleacher Report" just laughed.

#12 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

I saw "Bleacher Report" just laughed.

Seriously. I won't even give them a click.
15fqib6.jpg

#13 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

How is Webb ranked 10/100 when he played in 4 games?  Granted he did really well, but he can't be the 10th best CB.  Bleacher Report is a joke.

#14 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

How is Webb ranked 10/100 when he played in 4 games? Granted he did really well, but he can't be the 10th best CB. Bleacher Report is a joke.

Don't ask questions. Just not your head.

#15 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

How is Webb ranked 10/100 when he played in 4 games? Granted he did really well, but he can't be the 10th best CB. Bleacher Report is a joke.

didn't even get that far lol.

#16 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I think they're accurate since we all know Suggs is a top five OLB when he's back to form. Heck, he's a DPOY.

As for Webb, he was a top ten CB, but it was lame that he tore his ACL.

Anyways, good thing the other CBs stepped up especially Corey Graham, who I think is very underrated.

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

didn't even get that far lol.

Yeah I clearly wasted my time lol

#18 billick

billick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

WE may need more than 2 WR"s.

Offensive Genuis & Quarterback Guru

#19 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,193 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah I clearly wasted my time lol

Rumor has it the guy who wrote this is now in jail with Rolando McClain, arrested for LSD use.

#20 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Top Five QB:

1. Tom Brady - No brainer, since he proved it by getting rings. MVPs, and tons of recognition including a Supermodel wife.

2. Aaron Rodgers - One of the best young QBs out there.

3. Peyton Manning - You have to respect the man for what he has done for the last decade.

4. Matt Ryan - Seriously? I think his stud receivers bail him out a lot, but he is higher than QBs that have rings.

5. Drew Brees - He's merciless. If the NFL followed college football rules, I have no doubt Brees will try to break 6000 passing yards.

6. Joe Flacco - Finally he gets the recognition he deserves. I think Flacco is a top five QB, if we knock Matt Ryan down a few notch. Ryan's stats have been hyped due to him playing in the NFC South, where there's no defense. Flacco is the QB I would want, since he's battle-tested against tough defenses and cold weathers like the the games in Steelers' territory.

Ryan being that high is bull - Eli and Ben both have 2 rings each.  And more importantly, they have signature wins under their belt, like Joe - I don't care if you can throw for 4500 yards and 40 TDs every season, if you can't beat the Steelers with Dennis Dickson playing and the only top 10 defense you come up against in your fifth year you throw 5 picks against, you have no business being that high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users