Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmw10

Ravens sign QB Caleb Hanie

104 posts in this topic

ESPN Chicago is reporting that ex-Bears, Broncos QB Caleb Hanie will sign with the Ravens. Probably not much to see here since he played miserably in Chicago a couple of years ago. However, he was highly regarded at one point, so I thought it might be worth discussing.

http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-to-sign-qb-caleb-hanie-per-report/

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1366067848' post='1434392']
Painter 2.0
[/quote]

Yeah no more than a camp arm. I just figured with how these boards go, this thread would bring a full on QB conversation. Maybe, just maybe, all QB conversation can take place here and not in all of these other random threads haha.

Since Aaron Wilson is a pretty credible guy.

[url="https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=RavensInsider"]RavensInsider[/url][color=#444444][font='lucida grande', lucida, tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][left] League source confirms ESPN Chicago report that Ravens are likely to add quarterback Caleb Hanie. Deal isn't finalized, though.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1366068055' post='1434395']
Start Caleb Hanie, right now!
[/quote]

Lol.

Why do you think they would sign the guy? Unhappy with Taylor as back-up?

[/quote]
Yes, this move is obviously an attempt to make up for our horrible QB's flaws. Our QB will never win a SB in his life. This is true because ESPN told me!

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1366069168' post='1434430']

Why do you think they would sign the guy? Unhappy with Taylor as back-up?
[/quote]

Camp arm/JAG.

We always have 3 or 4 for the off-season.

Camp Arm? Lol, pretty much it. Unless someone out there wants to trade draft picks for Tyrod Taylor and we're looking for a backup QB.

[quote name='TDubbs' timestamp='1366069376' post='1434434']
Camp Arm? Lol, pretty much it. Unless someone out there wants to trade draft picks for Tyrod Taylor and we're looking for a backup QB.
[/quote]
Lol. Trade Tyrod to the Jags for a first rounder. They're desperate enough lol

Someone has to make sure Joe's rotator doesn't fall off during TC.

Caleb gets the bid this year.

Brian Billick has the perfect word to describe players like this.

Many people use it but he did a ton.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1366070980' post='1434461']
I love the signing. Now we can trade Tyrod Taylor for a 2nd round pick. Leggo.
[/quote]
Or We Can Package Tyrod & Hanie To The Jets For Their 1st. Thoughts?

The over/under on the first "I want Caleb Hanie" thread is currently set at 4 months.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1366071629' post='1434482']
[/quote]LULZ

It's so crazy it just might work.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1366073757' post='1434537']
Why couldn't we spend that money on McKinnie??

fml
[/quote]

Under the rule of 51, it probably only costs $30-60K to sign him.

I love the signing. [u][b]Now we can trade Tyrod Taylor[/b][/u] for a 2nd round pick. Leggo.
[/quote]

now that my boy Tyrod got that Superbowl ring as a Raven...trade him! let him go! i'd like to see him compete for a starting spot somewhere else.

~Mili

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1366076273' post='1434569']
How long is it until the draft?
[/quote]Two Fridays from now. It can't come soon enough.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1366069756' post='1434444']
Lol. Trade Tyrod to the Jags for a first rounder. They're desperate enough lol
[/quote]

If we pulled that off, we would have the #2 overall pick. Then just take Eric Fischer and solve our LT problem. lol

Would take the second round pick as well though since they come right after our first round pick at #33 overall.

We got Jacksonville in a bad trade(for them) in 2008 when we traded down a ton in the first so maybe? lol

I love the signing. Now we can trade Tyrod Taylor for a 2nd round pick. Leggo.
[/quote]

Taylor is a SB winning QB. Really though, he deserves a shot at a starting job, if he wants one. If we could get a decent trade for him. At least a mid to high second.

Make Tyrod the starter. Keep Hanie as the backup, and sell Flacco to the highest bidder. Apply the money received for Joe, and the money saved from dumping his contract, to reducing the price of stadium concessions. For the next seven years, stadium beer should cost 47 cents a cup and hotdogs should be about a nickle. Also, as an added benefit, for many years, Ravens fans wouldn't have to stay up late on the first night of the draft to see who we pick.

Hanie gets a few more months of a pro career and we get someone to throw balls to our young campers. No real cost. Simple angling for the best roster we can get to camp. Here today gone tomorrow. We do this every year.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1366073135' post='1434523']
The over/under on the first "I want Caleb Hanie" thread is currently set at 4 months.
[/quote]

Over - the first preseason game isn't until August. People will wait until Flacco goes 2-4 in his opening preseason series and Hanie goes 3-7 for 40 yards and a TD against Tampa Bay's 4th string defense. Then they'll talk about Flacco being "deer in the headlights" and Hanie's "amazing scrambling ability and quick release" and "how come everyone but the front office knows Flacco sucks?"

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1366081935' post='1434645']

Over - the first preseason game isn't until August. People will wait until Flacco goes 2-4 in his opening preseason series and Hanie goes 3-7 for 40 yards and a TD against Tampa Bay's 4th string defense. Then they'll talk about Flacco being "deer in the headlights" and Hanie's "amazing scrambling ability and quick release" and "how come everyone but the front office knows Flacco sucks?"
[/quote]

You can see the future!!!

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1366082135' post='1434651']
You can see the future!!!
[/quote]

Either that, or I've unfortunately committed a lot of nonsense to memory.

[/quote]

There's no excuse not to do this!!!

[/quote]I'm taking the under. Someone will catch Flacco at McDonald's again and complain that he's letting himself get fat and happy. Then say that real QBs like Caleb Hanie only eat at Five Guys.

[/quote]

The sad part is you're probably right. I doubt the Super MVP nod will stop the haters.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1366071629' post='1434482']
[/quote]

Why a first when we can get Revis? :P

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1366085355' post='1434704']
Why a first when we can get Revis? :P
[/quote]
I would rather go for Revis and Fergueson.... That's just me though. What else would we give up? A seventh :P

[quote name='omar586' timestamp='1366086541' post='1434729']
With Russell Wilson success I hope a trade gets done with Tyrod.
[/quote]Lol, how about another GrimCocunut trade?

Unless Ravens are trading Tyrod Taylor with a decent value, this move makes no sense.

Taylor definately has some value this offseason though. His a better version of Gino Smith. I can see a 3-4th round trade comming. If not, Hanie move is crap.

It's a camp body move. We're not trading Tyrod as he doesn't have any value. He's not accurate. If he would've played great in preseason or the last game of the season vs Cincy we might be able to trade him. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a qb late in the draft to compete against Tyrod for the backup spot. If Caleb is more accurate in training camp he can take Tyrod's job. Hopefully we never see our backup in the game at any point except a blowout.