316 replies to this topic

#1 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

If there has been one position that has never been settled since flacco got here, its been Left tackle.The reason is we have won consistently. Left tackle is one of the few positions besides QB where it is hard to find a really good one beyond the 20th pick. It seems the only way out is to lose and get one in the top 10 but no one wants that.

So how can we finally find our Left tackle of the future?

#2 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Terron Armstead.

#3 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Terron Armstead

#4 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Terron Armstead.

snap

#5 Dubs

Dubs

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

There are some talented players we could wait and take like Terron Armstead, Menelik Watson, Reid Fragel, Chris Faulk..

or we could try and trade up in one of our drafts..in 2008 (the year we drafted Flacco) we traded back from 8 to 26 (than traded up again)..but to move from 8 to 26 we got:

Traded 2008 first round pick (#26-Duane Brown), two 2008 third round picks (#71-Tavares Gooden) (#89-Steve Slaton), 2008 fourth round pick (#125-Arman Shields) to Ravens for 2008 first round pick (#8-Derrick Harvey) on 2008-04-26

So we may be able to trade up to #10 if Lane Johnson (or one of the other big two) is there for our first, second, fourth and a sixth...not sure if it is worth it but its an option

#6 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Terron. But what about Chris Faulk?

Edited by Bazooka Joe, 27 March 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#7 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

The way I see it there will be about 4 tackles taken in the first round (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, and Long). Still, there will be several available through the 3rd or 4th. I don't recommend going after a tackle until the 2nd or 3rd round because we need an ILB (Te'o, Minter, etc.). I wouldn't mind taking Williams, Fragel, Armstead, or Watson in the 2nd. After that, it will be a crap shoot.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#8 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Terron. But what about Chris Faulk?

We might be able to trade up in the 3rd to get Faulk or Cleary.

#9 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

McKinney vs. Gaither in Hardcore DogHouse match.

Both stand there looking at each other.
McKinney says, "I need more money."
Gaither says, "Me too."
Then they both agree to go through the motions.
Neither one is hitting the other.

#10 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Manelik Watson

#11 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

The way I see it there will be about 4 tackles taken in the first round (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, and Long). Still, there will be several available through the 3rd or 4th. I don't recommend going after a tackle until the 2nd or 3rd round because we need an ILB (Te'o, Minter, etc.). I wouldn't mind taking Williams, Fragel, Armstead, or Watson in the 2nd. After that, it will be a crap shoot.

Long is a Guard not a LT and shouldn't be taken before the late second.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#12 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Depth at guard might not be a bad idea, too. Long played Defensive End and switched to tackle in 2011. His father is Howie Long!

Oregon #74 Kyle Long Position: Offensive Lineman Height: 6'7" Weight: 311

Edited by CapoRocky, 27 March 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#13 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

we'll address this via draft (Armstead being the only one we can get without moving up a lot) and see what cuts are done through camps too, while mckinnie is still an option

Edited by horus13corvineus, 27 March 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#14 MDCop

MDCop

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Ok....I was looking at our roster because of our need at LT. I know there are talks of KO or Reid or Oher or even resigning McKinnie. However while i was looking I noticed a name. I remembered we signed this guy to a Futures contract and have not heard anything since...This guy is David Mims. I decided to do some research on him as well as the top tackles in the draft this year.

David Mims was a 3x All- CIAA and a 2x All American at Virginia Union.
6-8 1/4 331 lbs
His combine numbers were as follows:

5.32 40yd dash 26 inch vert 8'6" Broad and did 29 reps in the bench

This years class top OL prospect:

Luke Joeckel- 5.3 40 yd dash 28.5 Vert 7'11" broad 27 reps
Lane Johnson- 4.72 40 yddash 34 Vert 9'10 Broad 28 reps
Eric Fisher- 5.05 40 yd dash 28.5 vert 9'8" Broad 27 reps
Terron Armstead 4.71 40 yd dash 34.5 vert 9'4"Broad 31 reps

With those numbers he is equal or better then Joeckel and Fisher ( Considered the TOP 2 OL off the board ).

So I wonder where would have Mims gone in this draft....looks pretty good to me.

Anyway, I definatly see why we signed him away from the Chiefs with a Futures contract and I believe should be considered in the racr for the LT spot. I beleive we will draft a LT prospect in this draft...like a Chris Faulk in the 4th or if Armstead falls for some reason. Funny thing is this guy is already in house and knows our system......just saying. I know he is a small school product and I know nothing of his foot work or work ethic. However I know Ozzie normally wouldnt sign someone to a contract that is a scrub. Ozzie may have just striked again.....a year ago and we didnt even know it.

#15 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Ok....I was looking at our roster because of our need at LT. I know there are talks of KO or Reid or Oher or even resigning McKinnie. However while i was looking I noticed a name. I remembered we signed this guy to a Futures contract and have not heard anything since...This guy is David Mims. I decided to do some research on him as well as the top tackles in the draft this year.

David Mims was a 3x All- CIAA and a 2x All American at Virginia Union.
6-8 1/4 331 lbs
His combine numbers were as follows:

5.32 40yd dash 26 inch vert 8'6" Broad and did 29 reps in the bench

This years class top OL prospect:

Luke Joeckel- 5.3 40 yd dash 28.5 Vert 7'11" broad 27 reps
Lane Johnson- 4.72 40 yddash 34 Vert 9'10 Broad 28 reps
Eric Fisher- 5.05 40 yd dash 28.5 vert 9'8" Broad 27 reps
Terron Armstead 4.71 40 yd dash 34.5 vert 9'4"Broad 31 reps

With those numbers he is equal or better then Joeckel and Fisher ( Considered the TOP 2 OL off the board ).

So I wonder where would have Mims gone in this draft....looks pretty good to me.

Anyway, I definatly see why we signed him away from the Chiefs with a Futures contract and I believe should be considered in the racr for the LT spot. I beleive we will draft a LT prospect in this draft...like a Chris Faulk in the 4th or if Armstead falls for some reason. Funny thing is this guy is already in house and knows our system......just saying. I know he is a small school product and I know nothing of his foot work or work ethic. However I know Ozzie normally wouldnt sign someone to a contract that is a scrub. Ozzie may have just striked again.....a year ago and we didnt even know it.

Mims was considered the only LT with starting potential in the group of UDFAs' when he came out.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#16 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Terron Armstead

Do you guys really think he is LT worthy. I don't know a whole much about him, but have looked a little. He has decent size at 6'5 and long arms for his size too. However, do you think he is 1st round worthy, it seems like most are giving him a right tackle or guard grade.

Edited by dirtybird10, 27 March 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,745 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Mims was considered the only LT with starting potential in the group of UDFAs' when he came out.

Key word there is was. Mims was thought to have potential at LT, but after his time with the Chiefs, it was found out that he's likely limited to RT.

#18 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Mims was signed by us jan 3rd this year, 6-8 and 335 as per team roster page... i'll keep an eye on him through the camps now... can't believe i missed this signing

#19 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Key word there is was. Mims was thought to have potential at LT, but after his time with the Chiefs, it was found out that he's likely limited to RT.

Castillo could do him good though

#20 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Do you have a link to this info?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users