112 replies to this topic

#1 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

He lost alot of credibility with me when I heard him say that.Also,Skip Bayless said that Kruger is better than Dumervil.....I kid you not.I dont see why every keeps dragging the ravens through the mud.Were the freaking SB champions and have been to the AFCCG twice in a row.How are we not the favorites?Before last year nobody outside of baltimore even knew Kruger,Ellerbe and Williams existed so why are we doomed without them?

#2 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

No one cares what the clowns on First Take have to say. In case you missed it, Skip Bayless' job title is "official troll" and Smith is only a little better himself. I still think its between the Ravens and Bengals for the division, just like it was last year. What have the Browns done other than overpay two defensive role players 70 million dollars? The Steelers are in even worse shape capwise than the Ravens are and that's WITH them restructuring contracts like crazy, only going to screw them down the road. Only idiots like so many sports pundits make those sort of prognostications when March isn't even over yet. Last I checked, the season doesn't start until September, still plenty of changes coming for all 32 teams...

Edited by Corvus, 26 March 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#3 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,150 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Keep the hate rolling in. We love it

#4 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

I can't stand this guy. We might not finish first, but we sure aren't finishing last; not in a division that has the Cleveland Browns in it! ;)

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#5 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I fully expect us to win the division. Who is the competition? A severely cap constrained Steelers, an up and coming but not there yet Bengals and the Browns. Which of them will beat us?
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#6 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

It is always a battle within the division. I expect the Bengals and Browns to improve over last season. It seems the Browns could be the most improved as they will receive the earlier draft picks. I don't know whether they or the Bengals will have more wins than last season but they should be better as an overall team.

Steelers and Ravens have a ways to go to return to the level of strength of last season. I will not address the Steelers but looking at the Ravens what I see is the number 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 leading tacklers gone from the defense (Pollard, Ellerbe, Cary Williams, Ed Reed, and Ray Lewis), and questions about the number 4 tackler's (McClain) ability to return. The next man up in those positions are still in question. On offense, the team will need to replace Q's production.

#7 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

They still talking trash about us even after we won the whole thing.

I guess the Raven bashing is actually buying ratings since majority of ESPN watchers are Steelers fans.

Let them keep talking, while we quietly build another formidable roster for another playoff run. Ozzie and the front office knows what they're doing. I'm happy that our team isn't shy about free agents like Pittsburgh and uses any methods through trades, free agency, or draft to build a roster.

Elvis was our marquee signing that can help cover up our holes in the secondary. A strong pass rush can devastate an offense. I hope Dumervil, Suggs, and others come hungry for 2013.

#8 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

It's foolish to pick teams to win whatever in March because nobody knows what can happen from now to the beginning of the season. I guess the media don't care since they said the same thing when Suggs tore his achilles in April.

#9 Gtown Purple

Gtown Purple

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Don't feed the trolls.................

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,668 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Don't feed the trolls.................

Word.

It's First Take, did you expect good points?
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

We're not worse then the Browns.... C'mon man!!!!!!!

#12 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,328 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Love it.

2550rra.jpg

#13 Tdot Raven

Tdot Raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Skip was the one who said we wouldn't even make the playoffs last year while Stephen A wrote us off after Ray Lewis got injured. They can kiss the rings as far as I'm concerned, we're winning the division next year, book it.

Edited by Tdot Raven, 26 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#14 ThePurplePack

ThePurplePack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Skip Bayless will say anything to make people think of the ravens as bad, he said flacco was bad, and that T-Sizzle had no faith in his team. C'Mon Skip, he knows nothing.
Purple Pride Forever!

#15 Jalxsu

Jalxsu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

It's a joke.

I expect the Bengals to be strong. Wouldn't be surprised if they win the division.

The Browns should improve, but I can't see the Steelers making much of a challenge.

I really think they will be bottom. They've lost a few players, Roethlisberger's getting getting older and his injuries seem to be catching up on him.

Edited by Jalxsu, 26 March 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#16 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

/yawn
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#17 EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Might want to change the title to Skip Bayless because I believe he was the one who said we would finish last in the division.

As far as the statements themselves, there is no way we finish last place in a division with the Browns. Not only that, the Steelers are also going through their own retooling phase with a chance to lose another receiver (Sanders) and the Bengals have and always will be inconsistent.

As far as Kruger being better than Doom, Doom had more sacks in one season than Kruger has had in his entire career. There is no debate as to which one is better.

Edited by EnVy_CaLiBeR, 26 March 2013 - 08:47 AM.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.."-- EAP

CJ_Mosley.jpg

#18 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,415 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

It really doesn't matter, training camp and preseason aren't even close to know what the roster will be like.
The Bengals and Browns young talent should improve.

I think I find it more interesting that people believe the Ravens will finish last and yet they don't speak of the steelers in a similar manner. Lol

I'm not sure why they want to say Kruger is better than Dumervil when they pointed out that Kruger was overpaid previously. Dumervil deal was cheaper than Krugers which should also be factored in. Cary williams was tremendously inconsistent. Ellerbe will be missed especially with his coverage skills but he has injury problems every season.

#19 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,415 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Stephen A Smith was a Ravens supporter for much of last season and the previous season. He constantly defended Flacco ( except on the really terrible performances that no one could defend ). When Lewis and Webb went down with injuries and a defense that was already struggling Stephen A Smith simply said he didn't believe we were SuperBowl any longer but still playoff caliber team. He constantly argued Skip on that point because it was skip that said the Ravens weren't a playoff Team.

Also I've read far worse reactions on various Ravens boards from fans with doom & gloom predictions criticizing Ozzie for not paying all of these players. People forget that ellerbe was undrafted and battle with McClain for 4 years before really standing out this season.
Kruger pretty much was a disappointment for the better part of 3 years, couldn't find a position to play, he carved a niche as a part-time pass rusher and finally excelled.
There will be other guys to step up just as these 2 finally did.
Personally I felt that if McPhee was used in the pass rusher role like in his rookie year he would have also thrived when healthy.

#20 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

He lost alot of credibility with me when I heard him say that.Also,Skip Bayless said that Kruger is better than Dumervil.....I kid you not.I dont see why every keeps dragging the ravens through the mud.Were the freaking SB champions and have been to the AFCCG twice in a row.How are we not the favorites?Before last year nobody outside of baltimore even knew Kruger,Ellerbe and Williams existed so why are we doomed without them?

i think skip said that. Stephen A. Smith said he wasn't going to make predictions yet but he can understand why skip said that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users