Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravensfan160

Arthur Jones: "It’s like a dream team in the making"

52 posts in this topic

“That’s awesome. [url="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/315957726972882944"]It’s like a dream team in the making[/url]. I can’t wait until we all get together,” Jones told Aaron Wilson of the [i]Baltimore Sun[/i].

Why do you have to go and say anything even remotely like "dream team"? I knew the minute I heard that quote there would be an article written about it by every major website. Sure enough PFT and NFL.com have written articles about it already.

Hopefully this story just blows over. If anything good was to come from us losing all these players it was that we would be underdogs again heading into next season. I like being the underdog.

Just the media looking for a story. No big deal. Arthur already corrected himself on Twitter.

WHO CARES.

Holy crap. When Vince Young said it, guess what it [i]was [/i]like playing on a dream team.

Don't make a big stink, because it isn't. It's a passing fart in the wind.

Oh Art you should know that is a dirty word. All that word is is an open target for criticism though. That's all. Harbs is gonna have to reinforce that we haven't won anything yet and we have a lot of hard work to do.

The good thing about this is that the media for whatever reason does NOT LIKE us. Lol

This story won't blow up to be as big as the Philly story

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1364178391' post='1414181']
WHO CARES.

Holy crap. When Vince Young said it, guess what it [i]was [/i]like playing on a dream team.

Don't make a big stink, because it isn't. It's a passing fart in the wind.
[/quote]
If the media chooses to make it a story it will be a story all year especially if we sign another cheap veteran or two like Michael Huff or Carlos Dansby.

The media this time of year are like vultures looking for anything to pick at. It's why I've learned to understand why coaches like Belichick and Harbaugh give us "coach speak". The media will make a story out of anything they can.

Well, we DID just win the SB. We DID just grab the top FA to go opposite Suggs. We DO have Webb coming back. And we DO have 12 draft picks.

Reload and go again!

Remember when some people were worried about Ray Rice 'disrespecting' the terrible towel? About how its cursed so many teams and how it was bad karma for the rest of the season...

We won the Super Bowl. Jinxes aren't real. Relax B)

I understand not wanting to hear that. Like with the Eagles. That brought on a ton of criticism and pressure that team didn't need. I can't say that part of the reason they sucked so bad wasn't that they were trying to live up to the Dream Team label. I think in this case, it won't be taken too seriously because it's Arthur Jones. If it had been Ray Rice, Terrell Suggs or Flacco this would be the beginning of a media crap-storm.

The Eagles lacked team cohesion, chemistry, good, disciplined coaching, and a good QB. We are not the Eagles.

Well. we DID just win the Superbowl, but I don't like it. It might be true from a personnel standpoint, but I still don't want to hear about this for the next 6 months.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1364179526' post='1414227']
The Eagles lacked team cohesion, chemistry, good, disciplined coaching, and a good QB. We are not the Eagles.
[/quote]

^^ 100% correct

[quote name='Ravenskid2085' timestamp='1364179120' post='1414209']
Remember when some people were worried about Ray Rice 'disrespecting' the terrible towel? About how its cursed so many teams and how it was bad karma for the rest of the season...

We won the Super Bowl. Jinxes aren't real. Relax B)
[/quote]
[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1364179301' post='1414215']
Or what about BAs comments about NE and how they were going to unleash on us?
[/quote]
You guys are missing the point. It's all about what the media can and will blow out of proportion. BA's comments and Rice and the stupid towel are relative non stories. The "dream team" though played out for a full year already with the Eagles. How many times has that been written about? Now Arthur opened the can of worms.

I can honestly see reporters asking Raven players about the "dream team" at mini camp, training camp, preseason, and into the regular season. I hope I'm wrong though.

I understand fans might not like it, but I don't find this to be a big deal. Totally different than Vince Young's comment. That was truly a dream team with the amount of high profile players the Eagles signed.

The Ravens just followed the same blueprint we always have. That's all.

As for Jones' comment, not a big deal. He said it's "like a dream team in the making", key words 'like' 'in the making'. It's not that big.

The only reason anyone cared about Vince Young saying it was because people actually believed it.

No one thinks we're a dream team.

[quote name='ravensfan160' timestamp='1364179766' post='1414244']
You guys are missing the point. It's all about what the media can and will blow out of proportion. BA's comments and Rice and the stupid towel are relative non stories. The "dream team" though played out for a full year already with the Eagles. How many times has that been written about? Now Arthur opened the can of worms.

I can honestly see reporters asking Raven players about the "dream team" at mini camp, training camp, preseason, and into the regular season. I hope I'm wrong though.
[/quote]

We're not the Eagles though. Arthur already retracted his statement on twitter, I honestly don't see this hanging around for long.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1364179526' post='1414227']
[/quote]
[quote name='Ravenskid2085' timestamp='1364182177' post='1414327']
We're not the Eagles though. Arthur already retracted his statement on twitter, I honestly don't see this hanging around for long.
[/quote]

It has nothing to do with could they back it up or not. It has to do with bringing unnecessary distraction and pressure to a team that is going to be trying to find its new identity for the first time since 1996 when Ray Lewis stepped on the field. It's unnecessary and meaningless.

And as for retracting .. Flacco retracted the "retarded" statement literally 1 second after he said it ... there are still people today bringing it up.

If this catches on and they stumble at all, I guarantee you that there will be a ton of national media who will be in our players faces asking about the "Dream Team" comment. Just like they did with the Eagles. You don't bring that kind of nonsense on your team for no reason.

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1364178677' post='1414189']
The good thing about this is that the media for whatever reason does NOT LIKE us. Lol

This story won't blow up to be as big as the Philly story
[/quote]

It will, just like Flacco saying he thinks he's the best. Don't care though. I hope yhe team puts a target on its back and plays pissed off. This team can be a juggernaut with some good drafting and focus. The front seven if healthy might be real special if they perform how I think they can. Healthy Suggs, Ngata and McPhee with the addition of Canty should scare teams. Webb back too and Pees knowing how to adjust the defense. Should be a fun year if no key guys miss significant time.

"Dream Team" is the new "elite." Those are stupid things the media dwells on. Just like anytime someone thinks they are going to win, it is blown out of proportion like he's Joe Namath (remember Anquan last season?). Bottom line is, if we struggle, we will have to hear all about whatever the media decides to drag up. They'll find something stupid like this, and if he hadn't said it, they would find something else just as stupid. We're the world champs, so it comes with the territory. It was a big deal in Philly because it was Philly. It could become a big deal in Baltimore, but that's because we're the champs. I'd rather have that problem. However, it all means nothing and goes away if we do well. We won't fall victim to distractions like this.

[quote name='ravensfan160' timestamp='1364179766' post='1414244']

[/quote]

All that matters is winning football games.

[quote name='DMH_in_WA' timestamp='1364183053' post='1414349']

It has nothing to do with could they back it up or not. It has to do with bringing unnecessary distraction and pressure to a team that is going to be trying to find its new identity for the first time since 1996 when Ray Lewis stepped on the field. It's unnecessary and meaningless.

And as for retracting .. Flacco retracted the "retarded" statement literally 1 second after he said it ... there are still people today bringing it up.

If this catches on and they stumble at all, I guarantee you that there will be a ton of national media who will be in our players faces asking about the "Dream Team" comment. Just like they did with the Eagles. You don't bring that kind of nonsense on your team for no reason.
[/quote]
Unnecessary distraction and pressure? Umm to who? It's certainly not a distraction to anyone in our locker room, and I think the pressure is already there in spades. It comes with the territory of winning a championship. We aren't the Eagles and this is an absolute non-story.

Funny how we go from "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" to "Dream-team" over night..... all in the afterglow of a Superbowl victory....

I remember being on Rotoworld watching the headlines pour in as many have mentioned - "Eagles sign "this guy"... "Eagles sign "that guy". I remember feeling hopeless. I remember feeling like some sort of unjustice was being carried out - "How the heck can they sign all these guys to these contracts?"

A few months later I remember feeling relieved. I remember feeling vindicated. Then I started to feel sorry for Andy Reid. Then I realized - "this is what happens when you try to BUY a Championship".... this is WHY the Team I so love and cherish does what they do in the off-season. This is why my team sits back and waits for the dust to settle before pouncing. This is why we have to sometimes settle for moving out of the first round. This is why Ozzie Newsome is lauded as one of the Greatest Football Minds of our generation or any other for that matter.

This is WHY "In Ozzie We Trust"

Really isn't a big deal. We're the Super Bowl champs, and we just added one of the best pass rushers in the league to play opposite Suggs. Hard not to be giddy right now.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1364188837' post='1414427']
[b]Really isn't a big deal[/b]. We're the Super Bowl champs, and we just added one of the best pass rushers in the league to play opposite Suggs. Hard not to be giddy right now.
[/quote]

For shame...... Im sure even I will have night terrors this eve in which Suggs/Ngata/Dummervil are chasing me all over Disney Land