Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

Current state of Ravens roster (after free agency rush)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

This may be extensive but it is a rubuke to the whole idea that we have fallen off the cliff

QB:
Joe Flacco
Tyrod Taylor

We have an elite QB. Enjoy it.

RB:
Ray Rice
Bernard Pierce
Anthony Allen
Vonta Leach

Did not include Damien Berry,Bobbie Rainey and others because they have never made 53. These guys collectively are elite among the league and give Ravens nice change of pace.

Wr:
Torrey Smith
Jacoby Jones
Tandon Doss
Tommy Streeter
Deonte Thompson
David Reed

Laquan is probably off the team after training camp(with even more additions). This group has alot of speed which is why we will need a possesion receiver in the draft. Hopkins or woods in early round 2(trade back) would avoid reaching.Torrey has to be number one now and I think he will surpass 1000 with an offensively focused team.

TE:
Dennis Pitta
Ed Dickson

We could stand to draft another one who could actually block and as insurance for the departure of one or both of them next season. They provided solid production and Pitta has become an excellent security blanket.

OLine:
Michael Oher
Marshall Yanda
Kelechi Osemele
Gino Gradkowski
Ramon Harewood
Jah Reid
Jack Cornell

Need more Interior depth and pass protecting left tackle. Line looks good with Yanda and Osemele inside with oher on right and Gino at center.

D-Line
Haloti Ngata
Author Jones
Pernell McPhee
Chris Canty
Marcus Spears
Terrance Cody
DeAngelo Tyson

This group is elite with the fa signing of canty in particular. The ravens have very good, almost elite DEs in author jones and mcphee. Starters as depth in Canty and Marcus Spears. and Haloti Ngata. This group could be the very best if Cody can be 2011 cody and be stout on 2 downs(we may not even need him). still may draft NT in later rounds.

Linebackers:
Albert Mcclelan
Jameel McClain
Terrell Suggs
Courtney Upshaw
Adrian Hamilton
Brendon Ayanbadejo
Josh Bynes
Nigel Carr

We lost a lot in linebacker talent and I expect us to rejuvenate it with hopefully dumervil and an inside linebacker in first two rounds (or any round with Ozzie's eye for talent).Suggs and Upshaw would be enough but with sugg's injury, he may be cut after this season to sign guys like Author Jones and Michael Oher. Which is why injecting needed talent is much needed

Corners:
Lardarius Webb
Jimmy Smith
Corey Graham
Chykie Brown
Asa Jackson
Chris Johnson

These guys are an elite position group depending on Webb's rehap. Jimmy Smith needs to build on super bowl performace to give us a duo rivaling the bears, seahawks, and jets. Depth is not a problem(as this season proved)

Safeties:
James Ihedigbo
Christian Thompson
Omar Brown

Big Problem. I still don't know why we let go of pollard. We have no one that has played significantly besides ihedigbo. Looks like we are signing huff and letting Thompson be SS. The ravens are no longer Lewis/Reed but Flacco/Rice/Smith. How times have changed.

ST:
Kicker:Justin Tucker
Punter: Sam Koch
Long-Snapper: Morgan Cox

This is a fantastic big three and am happy to have an ice-cold fg kicker since stover retired.

Overall, the team is lacking serious depth and talent at Safety and Inside linebacker. The two spots are HOFS held, lewis and reed.Yes, it is hard to accept change, but we have gotten what we have clamored for years. A high-paced offense with a young, elite QB. Expect Ozzie to get huff and dumervil and make some more cuts to get this team ready for another Draft coup.

Thoughts?

Edited by BMORE_96, 22 March 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

This pretty much hits it. We need S, LB, and OL with an honorable mention to WR. That shouldn't be a problem with 12 picks.

PS. You forgot TE ;)

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#3 MDCop

MDCop

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Im not one of the " The Sky is Falling " guys. This team is still talented and has a lot of play makers on both sides of the ball. With that said if we DO add Dumervil and Huff....Huff being the most important IMO. I think this draft looks no different then it did before all the cuts wer made and free agents left. I think we still need to go ILB(2), Safety, OT and WR. We will be just fine. Pittsburgh lost people too and their "Elite" QB is getting older and is hurt more consistantly. The Browns still suck....Kruger is not going to fix that D and they still have no QB. Cinncy will be our toughest divisional opponent this year. We STILL have a good team and a REALLY good team if we are healthy this year....thats the key.

#4 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

And this after two weeks of FA. Still a very talented playoff team

#5 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Why is Laquan off the team? You also might want to include Bryan Hall on here.

#6 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

This pretty much hits it. We need S, LB, and OL with an honorable mention to WR. That shouldn't be a problem with 12 picks.

PS. You forgot TE ;)

LB is pretty broad lol. We need OLB, ILB, LT, S, NT, and WR. I'd even throw in a blocking tight end, but they aren't too hard to find. Just don't expect them to catch a pass.

#7 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Pollard was let go b/c he was a nuisance in the locker room.

&& Thompson is a FS... w/ only one year in the league and no game-time experience, learning from arguably the greatest FS of all-time it would be odd to see them move him to SS.

bleed P U R P L E!

#8 pep_meister

pep_meister

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

I don't get all the talk about with canty the dline suddenly gets elite status. He has not proved a thing in bmore other than he likes the idea of being a raven.. I sure hope he pans out.
#RAVENSNATION

IF YOU WANNA WIN PUT DEONTE THOMPSON IN!

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,425 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

We basically just need to find a LT and beef up our defense. "Elite" QB's make their receivers look better than what they are. I'm excited too see what Joe can do with our current group. I have full confidence he'll make Tandon Doss a relevant name. :)
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,425 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

I don't get all the talk about with canty the dline suddenly gets elite status. He has not proved a thing in bmore other than he likes the idea of being a raven.. I sure hope he pans out.

I hate the word elite lol.

I think with the addition of Canty and Spears the Ravens defensive line is already way much more improved than it was last year. We have depth, veterans and flexibility now with the way the Ravens use their DL.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users