20 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

On the baltimore sun journal it said the ravens are looking at the giants interior lineman who could be brought in to compete with Gino for the center role
"Its not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward!...thats how winning is done!"-Rocky
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#2 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,649 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

An interesting signing. Boothe's not much of a pass protector but he is really good in run support. He might do well at center and has versatility to play guard.

#3 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

An interesting signing. Boothe's not much of a pass protector but he is really good in run support. He might do well at center and has versatility to play guard.

Yes please! seemed like all ray was capable of doing in the post season was run into the backs of the O-line. a run blocker would be welcome in my book.

#4 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

We haven't signed him.

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,649 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

We haven't signed him.

No, really? Perhaps I should've said "it would be an interesting signing"

#6 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

On the baltimore sun journal it said the ravens are looking at the giants interior lineman who could be brought in to compete with Gino for the center role

Wouldnt be a bad idea except for a couple of things

Apparently there will be a bidding war as several teams are interested including NYG NYJ Chicago and Carolina per rotoworld

I also believe the Giants run a power blocking scheme while we run ZBS right. So I'm not sure he could make the blocking scheme switch and be as successful. My assumption seems to be confirmed by the fact that all of the teams pursuing him run power blocking schemes I believe.

#7 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,649 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Wouldnt be a bad idea except for a couple of things

Apparently there will be a bidding war as several teams are interested including NYG NYJ Chicago and Carolina per rotoworld

I also believe the Giants run a power blocking scheme while we run ZBS right. So I'm not sure he could make the blocking scheme switch and be as successful. My assumption seems to be confirmed by the fact that all of the teams pursuing him run power blocking schemes I believe.

Very good points. I personally wouldn't want us to pursue him. I'm more worried about price than scheme. I've been saying for a bit that just because we were a ZBS does not mean we will continue to be. Caldwell & Castillo could change things.

Also, his pass protection leaves something to be desired. Still, I wouldn't be mad if we signed him. I like this signing, just not at the price I expect it to be.

Edited by GrimCoconut, 16 March 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#8 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

The nice thing about Boothe is his versatility. He can be better than solid depth at both C and OG. He would be a great addition.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#9 justifythegame

justifythegame

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I remember Boothe on the Giants from a really long time ago, has he played center before? From what i remember he was a T. I saw the the Gaints move him to guard a couple times.

I wouldn't mind moving Osemelie to LT, he looked decent at RT before going to G, play boothe at LG.

Edited by justifythegame, 16 March 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#10 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,460 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I remember Boothe on the Giants from a really long time ago, has he played center before? From what i remember he was a T. I saw the the Gaints move him to guard a couple times.

I wouldn't mind moving Osemelie to LT, he looked decent at RT before going to G, play boothe at LG.

Sorry no. I have headaches just thinking abot KO at LT.

#11 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Not really interested in seeing him signed, would rather Gino play Center and spend cap/salary on beefing up the defense or a competent LT

#12 Juviebest

Juviebest

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Not really interested in seeing him signed, would rather Gino play Center and spend cap/salary on beefing up the defense or a competent LT

I second this. I want an LT first and foremost when it comes to the O-line. Unless Boothe is very inexpensive which I highly doubt seeing as how many teams have been interested in him.

#13 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well, I hate to kill the thread, but the article on the Sun did not say we were interested. The article gave 5 free agents that would be good fits based on who we've lost so far. It mentioned nothing about any of these guys actually being likely to end up here, rather just some guesses on guys who may fit.

#14 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well, I hate to kill the thread, but the article on the Sun did not say we were interested. The article gave 5 free agents that would be good fits based on who we've lost so far. It mentioned nothing about any of these guys actually being likely to end up here, rather just some guesses on guys who may fit.

ditto, tried to look it up after I saw this and nothing came up.

#15 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is Gino not very good? Do we need a competition for him? I really know little about him.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#16 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I second this. I want an LT first and foremost when it comes to the O-line. Unless Boothe is very inexpensive which I highly doubt seeing as how many teams have been interested in him.

co-signing this

#17 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Is Gino not very good? Do we need a competition for him? I really know little about him.

He's unproven but looked good when called on to play. His being "undersized" is being scrutinized too much as he's the same size as some of the better centers in the league

#18 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Wow! Brandon actually posted a good, halfway-sensible thread for once in his life??? Heck, we should just sign the guy to commemorate this occasion!!
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#19 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't think many are doubting Gino, but he might be the only player on the team at the moment that can actually play center. Competition and depth at O-line is always positive. I still fully expect Gino to start this season and do well.

#20 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,649 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Thank God. Sigh of relief. I would've liked the signing but the money would've made me very uneasy and his pass protection is "eh".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users