Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ngata Chance

Bleacher Reports Top 32 Kickers

18 posts in this topic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444322-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-32-kickers/page/32

And the Ravens own Justin Tucker gets recognized as the Justin Credible kicker he is.

I know it doesn't mean a ton, but I thought it pretty cool that our UDFA, who beat out a veteran kicker in Cundiff and went perfect in kicks over 50 yards, got placed as high as he did.

Thanks for bringing some stability to the kicking position, Justin!

I don't want to knock Tucker, but let's not be too hasty. We thought Cundiff was the answer before he stunk it up the next year.

Oh our love for kickers and punters.

Good for , Justin. He was one of many rookies who made an impact on this team.

That being said, Cundiff's history was spotty, and he never was great at the 50+ yarders.

I know, it's like getting out of a bad relationship. You're afraid of getting hurt. But nothing in Tucker's game, on or off the field, indicates he is anything other than the franchise kicker he showed he can be.

I was like you, but I'm warming up to him.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1363319341' post='1397733']
Oh our love for kickers and punters.

[/quote]

We've seen both sides of the coin, from the legendary (Stover) to the abysmal (Cundiff).

If we don't have to hold our breath every time the field goal unit comes on the field, so much the better.

That 2010 was a fluke in Cundiff's history of bad kicking. It also happened to be his contract year, which we paid dearly. Ouch...

BR loves the rookies, with 3 in the top 5. I'm not saying I disagree after the years they all had, but that's pretty high for kickers with that little experience. I love Justin Tucker, and I have a ton of faith in him every time he steps onto the field.

The Justin Tucker-Blair Walsh rivalry should be captivating for years to come! Which rookie kicker wil end up up with the more laudable career: only time will tell.

Kai Forbath looks pretty good too honestly but i think he only had like 18 kicks last year though cause he got signed late

Justin Tucker was a gift from the football gods after they took pity when we were deceived and devastated by a mortal named Billy Cundiff. We are blessed!

Not that it means much, but it is nice to see somebody noticing him. It feels like Tucker is already a fan favorite (and, that has nothing to do with how many fan favorites we've just lost). He just doesn't seem like other kickers, and nothing seems too big for him. I hope he's here for years to come.

Last year might end up being known as the year of ths kicker. Justin Tucker, Blair Walsh, and Greg Zuerlein were all beasts as rookies.