21 replies to this topic

#1 BOLDnPurPnBlacK

BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Reported on NFL.com Ravens resign CB Chris Johnson to a 1 yr deal.

Guess we're now set with the CB's we have on the roster.
Google me.

#2 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

He played well before he went down with an injury. I like this signing. Hopefully he can stay healthy next season so we can see more of what he can do.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#3 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

People seem to be sleeping on the fact that, Ed Reed or no Ed Reed, we have one of the deepest secondaries in the NFL. We had our 3rd and 4th string guys playing starters minutes at times because of injuries. Once Webb is back, and we possibly add some pieces in the draft, I think we have an opportunity to be better than we were last year.

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Played really well at times, obviously rusty. I like it as a depth signing and some competition with Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson.

#5 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think it's just a spring training tryout. He showed some stability in one start, but disappeared after that. If he makes the team, then he deserves it. If not, I assume this signing has very low guarantees.

#6 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Terrence Newsome played well at age 34, so I still have hope that Chris Johnson can do something. A motivated veteran is better than a complacent and overpaid superstar.

#7 Clayton Bigsby

Clayton Bigsby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Wasn't he the dude who let Garcon run right by him for that game tying TD against the Redskins?

#8 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hopefully a full offseason and training camp in our defense learning the system will shake the rust out of him. Not a bad resigning.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#9 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,015 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

This guy has potential, I like it and our depth at CB.

#10 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

With the exception of his one glaring mistake (that worked out pretty well in the long run), he looked like he played well. And let's face it. We need all of the veteran presence that we can get at this point.

#11 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

This guy has potential, I like it and our depth at CB.

I certainly hope he's reached his potential by now. The guys 33. Nice depth though since we just lost Cary.

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Webb
Graham
Smith
Brown
Jackson
Johnson

Not sure how I feel about it. Alot of question marks....It would be lovely if Asa or Chykie have a breakout year
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Webb
Graham
Smith
Brown
Jackson
Johnson

Not sure how I feel about it. Alot of question marks....It would be lovely if Asa or Chykie have a breakout year

Chykie is going to leap frog Jimmy and be the number two corner this year, behind Webb.

#14 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Chykie is going to leap frog Jimmy and be the number two corner this year, behind Webb.

I don't think so. Chykie wasn't afraid to play rough and he had some nice pass defenses, but I don't think he's good enough in coverage to be number two. He'd be a better slot corner in my opinion. Jimmy and Graham on the other hand, both played extremely well in coverage at the end of the season. It'll probably end up #1 Webb, #2 Jimmy/Graham, #3 Brown

#15 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sorry to bump this back up, but I think this shows why Johnson was re-signed. In addition to offering a solid #4-6 CB, he seems like a true stabilizing veteran force in the locker room.

http://articles.balt...-johnson-sister

#16 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Sorry to bump this back up, but I think this shows why Johnson was re-signed. In addition to offering a solid #4-6 CB, he seems like a true stabilizing veteran force in the locker room.

That was a really nice read. Thanks for sharing.

#17 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

wow that's awesome. just shows how classy this organization is. when you can force a fumble on your first snap and you show that kind of courage, honesty and resiliency, that's what it truly means to play like a raven. officially a Chris Johnson fan.

Edited by Latch, 17 March 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#18 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for bumping that.
There was a lot of negativity here at first, people assuming his availability mid-season was due to his play, when actually he had taken a hiatus from football to take care of his family in the aftermath of tragedy.
I was thrilled to hear he'd be back, he deserves another chance.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

#19 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,390 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't think so. Chykie wasn't afraid to play rough and he had some nice pass defenses, but I don't think he's good enough in coverage to be number two. He'd be a better slot corner in my opinion. Jimmy and Graham on the other hand, both played extremely well in coverage at the end of the season. It'll probably end up #1 Webb, #2 Jimmy/Graham, #3 Brown

Jimmy and extremely well should never be in the same sentence... Yet
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#20 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

wow that's awesome. just shows how classy this organization is. when you can force a fumble on your first snap and you show that kind of courage, honesty and resiliency, that's what it truly means to play like a raven. officially a Chris Johnson fan.

Agreed. I read that story and instantly realized he came back for more than what he offers on the field. I instantly became a huge Chris Johnson fan and hope he sticks around through cuts. I'm glad he was finally able to get a ring with us last year, and hope another one is in order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users