Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackbird29

What about Dennis Pitta?

24 posts in this topic

I know he is a RFA and the Ravens tendered him with a second round tender. But has anyone heard anything on him? I don't want to see him walk. That would be a big mistake in my opinion.

If he "walks" Ravens get a 2nd round pick. Pretty sure he stays. He's been tendered so should have hin for another year, but I assume he's given a new contract eventually. You never really hear much from him regardless.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1363208986' post='1394091']
If he "walks" Ravens get a 2nd round pick. Pretty sure he stays. He's been tendered so should have hin for another year, but I assume he's given a new contract eventually.
[/quote]
Hope he does get a new contract. Guy is a good player I think. He has stepped up when needed.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1363208986' post='1394091']
If he "walks" Ravens get a 2nd round pick. Pretty sure he stays. He's been tendered so should have hin for another year, but I assume he's given a new contract eventually. You never really hear much from him regardless.
[/quote]

With the way things have been going, that is a HUGE assumption.

Dennis will most likely sign his tender and I'd be really surprised if any team is willing to give up a 2nd for him.

I'm really hoping a new deal with him gets done before the start of the season.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1363209078' post='1394097']

With the way things have been going, that is a HUGE assumption.
[/quote]

Regardless of what happens with him I've thought they draft a TE semi early. I really think ozzie trades back or up. I don't see him staying put in this draft. All these moves have made the draft that muxh more interesting.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1363209092' post='1394100']
[/quote]

same here. holding on buying my Pitta jersey til then! :D

There's no way Pitta is going anywhere. IMO, the "replacement" for Anquan Boldin is already a starter: Dennis Pitta. Of course, he won't replace Boldin in 2-WR sets, but I'm sure Jim Caldwell knows how to put a TE in the slot after Dallas Clark.

So, I suppose Pitta will replace Boldin in the slot, with Dickson at TE and Jacoby and Torrey at WR. This is serviceable. However, I'd still like to see David Reed, LaQuan Williams or Tandon Doss step up.

I think we don't give enough reps to young guys. John Harbaugh changed the practice strategy around so now young guys get more reps in practice than they used to: I wonder if that will give guys opportunities to get reps in games after impressing people in practice.

[quote name='mgridda' timestamp='1363209379' post='1394124']
There's no way Pitta is going anywhere. IMO, the "replacement" for Anquan Boldin is already a starter: Dennis Pitta. Of course, he won't replace Boldin in 2-WR sets, but I'm sure Jim Caldwell knows how to put a TE in the slot after Dallas Clark.

So, I suppose Pitta will replace Boldin in the slot, with Dickson at TE and Jacoby and Torrey at WR. This is serviceable. However, I'd still like to see David Reed, LaQuan Williams or Tandon Doss step up.

I think we don't give enough reps to young guys. John Harbaugh changed the practice strategy around so now young guys get more reps in practice than they used to: I wonder if that will give guys opportunities to get reps in games after impressing people in practice.
[/quote]

I like that lineup you got. I could see Pitta in the slot. How proven is Dickson at the TE spot though? I know he had some good catches late and some in the post season.

[quote name='blackbird29' timestamp='1363209554' post='1394138']
I like that lineup you got. I could see Pitta in the slot. How proven is Dickson at the TE spot though? I know he had some good catches late and some in the post season.
[/quote]Ed had experience at TE in 2011 and was pretty productive, however once he started dropping things, everything just went downhill for him.

[quote name='blackbird29' timestamp='1363209307' post='1394117']
same here. holding on buying my Pitta jersey til then! :D
[/quote]
Same lol. I was so close to buying Ellerbe & Pollard last season, so glad I didn't.

[quote name='mgridda' timestamp='1363209379' post='1394124']

[/quote]

props to you... been saying this 'bout Pitta since the recent frenzy started

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1363209696' post='1394148']
Same lol. I was so close to buying Ellerbe & Pollard last season, so glad I didn't.
[/quote]

Glad I am not the only one. My Boldin jersey hit ebay as soon as he got traded. Such a waste....

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1363209686' post='1394147']
Ed had experience at TE in 2011 and was pretty productive, however once he started dropping things, everything just went downhill for him.
[/quote]

can't we get him his own JUGS?

[quote name='blackbird29' timestamp='1363209554' post='1394138']
I like that lineup you got. I could see Pitta in the slot. [b]How proven is Dickson at the TE spot though?[/b] I know he had some good catches late and some in the post season.
[/quote]

I don't trust his hands at all.

Can we let this thread drop down below? I dont want to log on and see a thread with the name "Pitta" in it at all, given the last 72 hours!

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1363210109' post='1394186']

[/quote]

I bet family don't let him hold their babies

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1363210531' post='1394218']
Can we let this thread drop down below? I dont want to log on and see a thread with the name "Pitta" in it at all, given the last 72 hours!
[/quote]

shhh you... atlanta gets gonzales back and giants don' have the cap to make a run at him... we'll match an offer anyway, he's Joe's best mate isn't he now

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1363210109' post='1394186']
[/quote]

to be honest i liked the way caldwell used him in the last games... now we just need to add a target to his tshirt to help joe bury the ball in

I"m laughing at all the jersey talk in here, its a similar conversation I had with my sister. She's jersey happy and constantly bugs me about what jersey she should get next. She almost bought a Boldin jersey, but I had a feeling he would be gone and told her to save her money. I don't know why she comes to me, as I own about 15 T-shirts and long sleeved Ravens gear but not one single Ravens jersey.
IMO, and I stress this is just my bias and outlook and not really how it SHOULD be, but I grew up w/out football overseas and when I came here the main population that rocked the jerseys off season were the people I wouldn't really want to associate with. I still have that stigma, right or wrong, and I will never buy a jersey and I will for DAMN sure never ever even TOUCH team color cammo (aka trashypants, to my friends and I).

Irrational reason aside, I think that the jerseys are overpriced in this world of "football is a business first" type of players who are out for the money and not team and fan base loyalty. Its just like Valentine's Day for me, I refuse to buy into the hype. If I were to have bought any jersey, I would have probably purchased a Ray Lewis one, or similar player who put their heart and soul into the team and city and remained loyal (I'm ignoring, and will forget, that he dipped his toes in the FA pool once ;) ).

I know, I'll get flamed for my opinions. But at least I'm honest about them being irrational, maybe a little unfair. Its just my own view on it.

[quote name='blackbird29' timestamp='1363208857' post='1394083']
I know he is a RFA and the Ravens tendered him with a second round tender. But has anyone heard anything on him? I don't want to see him walk. That would be a big mistake in my opinion.
[/quote]

I agree, let dixon walk but pitta showed his toughness and dedication this past year. Solid hands, can take a hit and not afraid of the middle of the field.

He won't walk. No team will front load a contract and put up a 2nd round pick on him. Plus, he first has to accept the offer, then the Ravens can match it.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1363209092' post='1394100']
[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if he did get one. I mean we do have several key free agents coming up that I think would be more valuable to the team than Ellerbe/Kruger. Pitta is one of them. I don't care much for Dickson so if someone wants to give us a 3rd for him, I'll be happy. I'll be happier if Pitta gets a long term contract.