23 replies to this topic

#1 blackbird29

blackbird29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I know he is a RFA and the Ravens tendered him with a second round tender. But has anyone heard anything on him? I don't want to see him walk. That would be a big mistake in my opinion.

#2 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

If he "walks" Ravens get a 2nd round pick. Pretty sure he stays. He's been tendered so should have hin for another year, but I assume he's given a new contract eventually. You never really hear much from him regardless.

Edited by redrum52, 13 March 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#3 blackbird29

blackbird29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

If he "walks" Ravens get a 2nd round pick. Pretty sure he stays. He's been tendered so should have hin for another year, but I assume he's given a new contract eventually.

Hope he does get a new contract. Guy is a good player I think. He has stepped up when needed.

#4 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

If he "walks" Ravens get a 2nd round pick. Pretty sure he stays. He's been tendered so should have hin for another year, but I assume he's given a new contract eventually. You never really hear much from him regardless.

With the way things have been going, that is a HUGE assumption.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#5 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Dennis will most likely sign his tender and I'd be really surprised if any team is willing to give up a 2nd for him.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,748 posts

I'm really hoping a new deal with him gets done before the start of the season.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

With the way things have been going, that is a HUGE assumption.

Regardless of what happens with him I've thought they draft a TE semi early. I really think ozzie trades back or up. I don't see him staying put in this draft. All these moves have made the draft that muxh more interesting.

#8 blackbird29

blackbird29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm really hoping a new deal with him gets done before the start of the season.

same here. holding on buying my Pitta jersey til then! :D

#9 mgridda

mgridda

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

There's no way Pitta is going anywhere. IMO, the "replacement" for Anquan Boldin is already a starter: Dennis Pitta. Of course, he won't replace Boldin in 2-WR sets, but I'm sure Jim Caldwell knows how to put a TE in the slot after Dallas Clark.

So, I suppose Pitta will replace Boldin in the slot, with Dickson at TE and Jacoby and Torrey at WR. This is serviceable. However, I'd still like to see David Reed, LaQuan Williams or Tandon Doss step up.

I think we don't give enough reps to young guys. John Harbaugh changed the practice strategy around so now young guys get more reps in practice than they used to: I wonder if that will give guys opportunities to get reps in games after impressing people in practice.
Posted Image

#10 blackbird29

blackbird29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

There's no way Pitta is going anywhere. IMO, the "replacement" for Anquan Boldin is already a starter: Dennis Pitta. Of course, he won't replace Boldin in 2-WR sets, but I'm sure Jim Caldwell knows how to put a TE in the slot after Dallas Clark.

So, I suppose Pitta will replace Boldin in the slot, with Dickson at TE and Jacoby and Torrey at WR. This is serviceable. However, I'd still like to see David Reed, LaQuan Williams or Tandon Doss step up.

I think we don't give enough reps to young guys. John Harbaugh changed the practice strategy around so now young guys get more reps in practice than they used to: I wonder if that will give guys opportunities to get reps in games after impressing people in practice.

I like that lineup you got. I could see Pitta in the slot. How proven is Dickson at the TE spot though? I know he had some good catches late and some in the post season.

#11 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

I like that lineup you got. I could see Pitta in the slot. How proven is Dickson at the TE spot though? I know he had some good catches late and some in the post season.

Ed had experience at TE in 2011 and was pretty productive, however once he started dropping things, everything just went downhill for him.

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,748 posts

same here. holding on buying my Pitta jersey til then! :D

Same lol. I was so close to buying Ellerbe & Pollard last season, so glad I didn't.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

props to you... been saying this 'bout Pitta since the recent frenzy started

#14 blackbird29

blackbird29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Same lol. I was so close to buying Ellerbe & Pollard last season, so glad I didn't.

Glad I am not the only one. My Boldin jersey hit ebay as soon as he got traded. Such a waste....

#15 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Ed had experience at TE in 2011 and was pretty productive, however once he started dropping things, everything just went downhill for him.

can't we get him his own JUGS?

#16 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I don't trust his hands at all.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#17 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Can we let this thread drop down below? I dont want to log on and see a thread with the name "Pitta" in it at all, given the last 72 hours!
Posted Image

#18 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I bet family don't let him hold their babies

#19 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Can we let this thread drop down below? I dont want to log on and see a thread with the name "Pitta" in it at all, given the last 72 hours!

shhh you... atlanta gets gonzales back and giants don' have the cap to make a run at him... we'll match an offer anyway, he's Joe's best mate isn't he now

#20 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

to be honest i liked the way caldwell used him in the last games... now we just need to add a target to his tshirt to help joe bury the ball in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users