Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Christian Thompson

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

This guy was hyped by pees and reed last year, he will be starting this year. Count on it with pollard bring released.

#2 wademan2636

wademan2636

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

he is definitely known as an enforcer. however, he is very raw with footwork and coverage. if he can improve his techniques, he could be a solid SS.

#3 Dubs

Dubs

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I wish he got more playing time last year with some of the injuries and rotations we used. I wonder if he will become more of a ST player this year and develop from there. He was on injured reserve at the end of last season so hopefully it was nothing huge - I heard nothing about it till searching now. Basically what I am trying to say is I cant see him starting over Ihedigbo this year at SS and at FS if Reed is not back I think Asa Jackson, Emmanuel Cook or Omar Brown will be ahead of him...I am hoping he unseats Ihedigbo at some point though

Armchair GM of the: Pittsburgh Steelers

terrellsuggs7pg.jpg

#4 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

I wish he got more playing time last year with some of the injuries and rotations we used. I wonder if he will become more of a ST player this year and develop from there. He was on injured reserve at the end of last season so hopefully it was nothing huge - I heard nothing about it till searching now. Basically what I am trying to say is I cant see him starting over Ihedigbo this year at SS and at FS if Reed is not back I think Asa Jackson, Emmanuel Cook or Omar Brown will be ahead of him...I am hoping he unseats Ihedigbo at some point though

Jackson is a CB. Cook is an ERFA that the team doesn't appear likely to re-sign.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#5 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,927 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

If he starts at SS, it will be interesting. I don't think he will be ready but then again we wouldn't know it since he was on the bench behind Pollard. I can go for Thompson starting but having 1 rookie safety(if Ed Reed leaves) and a second year safety coming off the bench in the backfield is something I don't want to think about.

Edited by JO_75, 13 March 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#6 Dubs

Dubs

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Jackson is a CB. Cook is an ERFA that the team doesn't appear likely to re-sign.

I remember Asa Jackson practicing or atleast being mentioned at S, as well as Corey Graham...This may have just been discussion so I may be wrong...Did not know Cook likely wont be back. I do think Omar Brown would be the best of the bunch though, he looks to be a playmaker and always around the ball

Armchair GM of the: Pittsburgh Steelers

terrellsuggs7pg.jpg

#7 pitchblack_20

pitchblack_20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I remember Asa Jackson practicing or atleast being mentioned at S, as well as Corey Graham...This may have just been discussion so I may be wrong...Did not know Cook likely wont be back. I do think Omar Brown would be the best of the bunch though, he looks to be a playmaker and always around the ball

A Jax may be a little to small to play safety.

#8 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Cook will re-sign. All ERFAs have the option to sign the minimum contract or quit the NFL. He's not going to quit, and the Ravens like him. He'll be back.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#9 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

If this has been the plan all along, I don't know why we didn't see any of Thompson on defense last year. Yes, he was a rookie, but he should've gotten at least some experience at safety on defense, and I don't recall seeing him out there once.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#10 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think it was probably discussion here regarding Jackson. Graham did play a little FS in Chicago. Brown made some plays in pre-season but he'll have some stiff competition.

Posted Image

#11 SideStep77

SideStep77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'd like to see more of all these young guys, Omar Brown, Christian Thompson, and Asa Jackson. I'm sure they will all get their chance this year.
#82 #15 Maryland Pride. Go Terps. Go Ravens.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

#12 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Cook will re-sign. All ERFAs have the option to sign the minimum contract or quit the NFL. He's not going to quit, and the Ravens like him. He'll be back.

He's a career special teamer that missed all last season. I know the team likes him but there's no guarantee he's back.

Posted Image

#13 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

He's a career special teamer that missed all last season. I know the team likes him but there's no guarantee he's back.

If he wants to continue playing in the NFL, he has to be. ERFAs are given the choice to sign the minimum contract at $405K or $435K or retire.

#14 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

If he wants to continue playing in the NFL, he has to be. ERFAs are given the choice to sign the minimum contract at $405K or $435K or retire.

What if the team doesn't even offer him a minimum contract?

Posted Image

#15 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

What if the team doesn't even offer him a minimum contract?

It comes from the Ravens courtesy of the NFL. I mean, I'm sure the team could cut him soon after he signs, but the Ravens do like him, and he won't count against the cap due to the rule of 51.

#16 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

It comes from the Ravens courtesy of the NFL. I mean, I'm sure the team could cut him soon after he signs, but the Ravens do like him, and he won't count against the cap due to the rule of 51.

I see. Guess there's a strong chance he returns.

Posted Image

#17 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

If this has been the plan all along, I don't know why we didn't see any of Thompson on defense last year. Yes, he was a rookie, but he should've gotten at least some experience at safety on defense, and I don't recall seeing him out there once.

He got injured fairly early on in the season and went on IR.

#18 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I would think Ihedibu (however you spell it) would be first on the depth chart at SS, but maybe not...

#19 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

you don't have to offer erfa tenders.

#20 blitzking33

blitzking33

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Draft the Honey Badger outside of round 1..

Matthieu FS, Thompson SS

Posted Image

Let Pierce tot the ROC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users