Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TonyTone1192

Joe's Go to Guys

80 posts in this topic

It became evident towards the end of last season that Joe's Go-to-guy was Quan. There is no doubting that.

I will definitely miss Quan, he did so much for our team and he was a TRUE Raven.

I believe that our offense will adjust to his absence and we'll be fine.

I don't think that Joe will have ONE go-to-guy next year. I think that in certain situations and against certain defenses these four receivers will be key with the absence of Boldin. I believe that his four main receiving targets in critical situations will be

1. Pitta - I'm almost certain that he's resigning. He and Joe have great chemistry and Pitta will prove to the league this upcoming season that he is a top 5 TE

2. Smith - This guy is a BEAST, not as strong as Q, but he makes up for that in speed and w/ Joe's cannon for an arm there will be no shortage of big plays

3. Rice - Hey diddle diddle Ray Rice up the middle

4. Doss - I believe that he will emerge as our number 2 receiver, one huge reason that I feel that we gave Joe that lucrative contract knowing that we wouldn't be willing to pay Q 6mil. Say what you want about Doss' game against Indy but I believe that he was drafted for this very reason and this is him time to prove it

Pitta,Rice,Smith then Jones as of now.

I think we'll definitely sign/draft another "big name" WR before the start of next season. (One that will compete for #1 or 2 spot).

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1363054574' post='1387658']

I think we'll definitely sign/draft another "big name" WR before the start of next season. (One that will compete for #1 or 2 spot).
[/quote]

No faith in Doss?

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1363054632' post='1387663']

No faith in Doss?
[/quote]
Not really, unfortunately.

[/quote]first off, this draft class has very limited talent at receiver, second we don't have cap space to attempt to sign some of the better receivers in fa. it will be Smith, hopefully Jones, and possibly Streeter. we will have the fastest starters in the league

Find it funny that people are trusting streeter a guy who was very raw coming out and has gotten 0 playing time, to Doss who has had one bad playoff game.

[quote name='omar586' timestamp='1363054773' post='1387672']
ozzie will bring in more WRs/TEs for more competition
[/quote]

I agree but I think Doss will emerge out of that group. Todd McShay said that out of all of the receivers that were in the 2011 draft class Doss had the best hands (a slight resemblance of Boldin) he said that he is a possession receiver (similar to Boldin) but he needs to improve on his route running. This will be his 3rd year in the league I think that his feet are wet and he's a bit more comfortable and Oz is a genius at finding hidden gems in the draft

First off, it's Q. Not Quan.
Second, in my opinion, Pitta will be his favorite target. Tight ends usually are and they have a bro connection. Torrey will have some trouble. His best games came when the top receiver covered Boldin. I hope Thompson and Streeter show up. Speedy and too-tall would be a great combination.

Ozzie must have a ton of faith in Caldwell to let Joe's biggest weapon go.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1363055175' post='1387694']
Find it funny that people are trusting streeter a guy who was very raw coming out and has gotten 0 playing time, to Doss who has had one bad playoff game.
[/quote]

It's nothing with trust. It's that Doss has been with us for 2 seasons, received a fair amount of time in games, but hasn't produced much. Streeter spent his whole rookie season on IR buffing up for this season. It's easier to hope the guy who we haven't seen will produce something, than to hope the guy who has done something will produce.

I'm not knocking Tandon, but he is 6'2, not very physical and not very fast. Streeter is 6'5 and around the same speed. I like athletic guys.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1363055526' post='1387719']
Second, in my opinion, Pitta will be his favorite target. Tight ends usually are and they have a bro connection. Torrey will have some trouble. [b]His best games came when the top receiver covered Boldin.[/b] I hope Thompson and Streeter show up. Speedy and too-tall would be a great combination.

[/quote]

Simply not true. He was beating the best opposing team had in the every game he topped 80 yards during the regular season. And we all saw what he to Champ Bailey. He could have had three TDs in that game had Joe not overthrown him.

Second, in my opinion, Pitta will be his favorite target. Tight ends usually are and they have a bro connection. Torrey will have some trouble. His best games came when the top receiver covered Boldin. I hope Thompson and Streeter show up. Speedy and too-tall would be a great combination.

[/quote]

I'm almost certain that Bailey(Denver's best Corner) covered Smith in the Divisional game and Torrey had a heck of a game.

Oh and I'm sorry his name is AnQUAN Boldin so I guess it doesn't make any sense for me to call him QUAN. We're not the Oakland Raiders we don't only use speedy receivers. Thomson and Streeter have been used predominantly on special teams so what makes you think that they will all of a sudden jump past Doss on the depth chart?

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1363056237' post='1387779']
I'm almost certain that Bailey(Denver's best Corner) covered Smith in the Divisional game and Torrey had a heck of a game.

Oh and I'm sorry his name is AnQUAN Boldin so I guess it doesn't make any sense for me to call him QUAN. We're not the Oakland Raiders we don't only use speedy receivers. Thomson and Streeter have been used predominantly on special teams so what makes you think that they will all of a sudden jump past Doss on the depth chart?
[/quote]

I'm not knocking Torrey so calm down. I'm saying that he doesn't perform as well up against the better corners in the league. The top guy covered Q most of the time. That's why their best games cycled. Torrey isn't a true number one, but this was only his second year. He could very well develop into a top 5 receiver in the league. He beat Champ because of pure speed.

Quan is not wrong, but nobody calls him that. He's been Q since Arizona. No reason to change it. I'm at least helping you not sound like a bandwagon fan who doesn't know player names or nicknames.

I never said anything about purely speed receiver. I have been advocating for a big jump ball possession receiver for a while. I never said be like Oakland and go for the fastest guys, but receivers with speed and height tend to play the best. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Randy Moss. Doss has been here longer and hasn't shown too much. Preseason performances against fourth string corners don't stand out to me.

Thompson was on special teams because he runs a sub 4.3 and backups usually play special teams. All of a sudden jumps on depth charts are very common in football. Doss could become a great receiver but he hasn't shown much progression. I wouldn't be surprised to see Streeter or Thompson who played plenty of offense and not just ST to outperform Doss.

i don't care who they pick at wide reciever i get we need speedy guys but if they can't catch then what's the point. we are not going to a track meet. torrey smith had a great game against bailey older. but could not beat culliver ....one on one what happens when he gets double teamed by two young corners? not being confrontational ......boldin could beat dbs and drag them along for the ride. beyond pitta i see nothing in depth .and god forbid we run up against sherman or revis ....

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1363056015' post='1387762']
Simply not true. He was beating[b] the best opposing team had in the every game[/b] he topped 80 yards during the regular season. And we all saw what he to Champ Bailey. He could have had three TDs in that game had Joe not overthrown him.
[/quote]

You are wrong and just made that up. He went against number two corners in a fair amount of games. He was shut down a few games as well. I love Torrey and could develop into a true number one receiver, but he isn't there yet.

Torrey will be #1, Jones will be #2 and the rest of our talent at WR will compete for that #3 spot. If one of them shines very bright, there is a slim possibility they leap frog Jones for that #2 spot, but I don't see that happening. Jones & Torrey will both command coverage with their speed and Joe's arm. Opposing teams will have to pick their poison. I see either Streeter or Doss taking over the #3 spot.

Of course, all of this becomes garbled and different if Ozzie is indeed targeting a WR in FA. I hope not though. It's time for some of the young blood to get their shot.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1363057155' post='1387811']
Torrey will be #1, Jones will be #2 and the rest of our talent at WR will compete for that #3 spot. If one of them shines very bright, there is a slim possibility they leap frog Jones for that #2 spot, but I don't see that happening. Jones & Torrey will both command coverage with their speed and Joe's arm. Opposing teams will have to pick their poison. I see either Streeter or Doss taking over the #3 spot.

Of course, all of this becomes garbled and different if Ozzie is indeed targeting a WR in FA. I hope not though. It's time for some of the young blood to get their shot.
[/quote]

Where do you people get this from? Jacoby Jones struggled as a number 2 playing with Andre Johnson. Do you really think Torrey Smith is a better receiver than Johnson? Jacoby is a vet and major improvement doesn't happen instantly.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1363056935' post='1387805']
I'm not knocking Torrey so calm down. I'm saying that he doesn't perform as well up against the better corners in the league. The top guy covered Q most of the time. That's why their best games cycled. Torrey isn't a true number one, but this was only his second year. He could very well develop into a top 5 receiver in the league. He beat Champ because of pure speed.

Quan is not wrong, but nobody calls him that. He's been Q since Arizona. No reason to change it. I'm at least helping you not sound like a bandwagon fan who doesn't know player names or nicknames.

I never said anything about purely speed receiver. I have been advocating for a big jump ball possession receiver for a while. I never said be like Oakland and go for the fastest guys, but receivers with speed and height tend to play the best. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Randy Moss. Doss has been here longer and hasn't shown too much. Preseason performances against fourth string corners don't stand out to me.

Thompson was on special teams because he runs a sub 4.3 and backups usually play special teams. All of a sudden jumps on depth charts are very common in football. Doss could become a great receiver but he hasn't shown much progression. I wouldn't be surprised to see Streeter or Thompson who played plenty of offense and not just ST to outperform Doss.
[/quote]

Lol I guess I'm a bandwagon fan because I didn't call Quan by his "NickName" Q

But I may have somewhat been on the same page as you if you said that Williams might emerge over Doss, due to the fact that he's seen time playing offense. Hey I don't care who emerges as long as someone on our team is catching balls from number 5.

And I think that we've (NFL Fans in general) been getting spoiled by young players producing as soon as they step foot in the league. Doss is coming from IU (a basketball school) IU played in SIX bowl games throughout the entire program's history. So not too many players have come out of that school and played in the league, which means that they don't run an NFL style program like the Miami's and the Ohio St.'s out there. This past season he did play a bit more than he did his rookie year which I believe was for him to get his feet wet for this upcoming season.

Hey, if Streeter or Thompson emerge and they provide a spark for our offense I will be ecstatic, but I don't see that happening

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1363056015' post='1387762']

Simply not true. He was beating the best opposing team had in the every game he topped 80 yards during the regular season. And we all saw what he to Champ Bailey. He could have had three TDs in that game had Joe not overthrown him.
[/quote]hahaha does this guy even know what hes talking about. Revis, Haden, Taylor, Sherman, Joseph; all covered Torrey when we played their respective teams. If anything Torrey helped out Q.

[/quote]Teams put their top CB on Torrey more than Boldin. If anything, Boldin benefitted from teams doubling Torrey.

Count me as another with no faith in Doss.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1363057096' post='1387810']
You are wrong and just made that up. He went against number two corners in a fair amount of games. He was shut down a few games as well. I love Torrey and could develop into a true number one receiver, but he isn't there yet.
[/quote]

Don't accuse me of making things up when you have zero facts of your own. Against Cleveland, Torrey beat Joe Haden a number of times, including a TD catch and run. He ran circles around New England's Devin McCourty on more than a few plays, including on his second TD. He abused whoever the Chargers put on him and Corey Webster of the Giants as well. Champ spent more time covering him in both games and Torrey toasted him the second time around.

Of course he had quiet games. His worst was undoubtedly against the Steelers in the first match-up. Guess who was covering him? Ike Taylor. But a bigger reason why he had more than a few quiet games was because he was often running clear-out patterns, so Q an Pitta could make plays underneath.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1363056935' post='1387805']

[/quote]That is simply not true. Every team slapped their best corner on Torrey.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1363057868' post='1387840']
Where do you people get this from? Jacoby Jones struggled as a number 2 playing with Andre Johnson. Do you really think Torrey Smith is a better receiver than Johnson? Jacoby is a vet and major improvement doesn't happen instantly.
[/quote]

I don't know why you're so hung up on his Texas time, or the Andre Johnson crap. Opposing teams more often than not put their #1 coverage on Torrey last season. His emergence actually helped Boldin out. Boldin did not get separation at all last season. Period. Jacoby does get separation. The combination will be a good one on the offensive side for us.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1363055175' post='1387694']
[/quote]

He was raw yes but now has had an entire year on the roster to learn the plays as well as an entire offseason to prove himself, this also goes for our potentially fastest guy on the team, Deonte Thompson. If those two guys can catch on and show their potential, I think the Ravens walk in to 2013 with the scariest WR group in the league. Smith/Jones/Thompson/Streeter/

Boldin's best games came against #2 and down corner backs. Last year when he went off on Arizona it was their #3 corner, when he went off on New England last year it was against a converted CB. This year he tore up Cleavlands #2 corner. I don't know who he was working against Indy and Denver

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1363058768' post='1387863']

I don't know why you're so hung up on his Texas time, or the Andre Johnson crap. Opposing teams more often than not put their #1 coverage on Torrey last season. His emergence actually helped Boldin out. Boldin did not get separation at all last season. Period. Jacoby does get separation. The combination will be a good one on the offensive side for us.
[/quote]yeah as bad as he was in Houston its got to be hard catching passes from a Quarterback that throws every pass like a fadeaway.

[quote name='cushrinada1986' timestamp='1363059119' post='1387878']
He was raw yes but now has had an entire year on the roster to learn the plays as well as an entire offseason to prove himself, this also goes for our potentially fastest guy on the team, Deonte Thompson. If those two guys can catch on and show their potential, I think the Ravens walk in to 2013 with the scariest WR group in the league. Smith/Jones/Thompson/Streeter/
[/quote]

You forgot Doss. Lol

Torrey Smith
Tavon Austin
Jacoby Jones
Tandon Doss

I can tell that's the fastest WR corp in Ravens' history.

I hope we Quinton Patton cause that guy can play. Yeah, people say he's not special physically, but neither was Greg Jennings or Reggie Wayne.

I can settle Hopkins, Williams, Woods, Wheaton, Rogers, and Bailey as our #2 WR.

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1363060475' post='1387928']
Torrey Smith
Tavon Austin
Jacoby Jones
Tandon Doss

I hope we Quinton Patton cause that guy can play. Yeah, people say he's not special physically, but neither was Greg Jennings or Reggie Wayne.

I can settle Hopkins, Williams, Woods, Wheaton, Rogers, and Bailey as our #2 WR.
[/quote]

or we could get Pitta to play WR... just had a thought lol... he was used in WR formations this last season, why not play him more and more in the middle, slot receiver type like Q played

I am in the minority here, but I have never before seen our future so bright. Never. Let me explain why I feel this move to rid ourselves of a heck of a WO is a great move.

Torrey Smith: a lot disagree with me here, and I have had discussions with some in PM even, but I believe Smith can be a #1. It's not based on skill, physical, but on mentality--attitude. He has a great attitude. He has the attitude to be great. Mark my words: he will be our #1. I have no doubts. Ray Lewis proved that with skill, talent, and heart--character--with the will to be great, anything is possible, even if you are small. Torrey believes in himself but also is never content with where he is. That is why I believe he will soon be in discussions with the best in the league. I think he will be nominated to his first Pro Bowl this year.

Tandon Doss: people are polarized here. But I like what I see. Doss is a good player who needs a chance. He needs reps. Mark my words: he will start off slow but will explode very quickly.

Tommy Streeter: I expect him to make the roster, and have an impact. I don't see him being some monster, but I think he will have a decent impact. I see him being similar to Tandon last year.

David Reed: I like what I see from him. He will make the roster. I think he will be used as well, possibly where Boldin was. I think he can be effective there, and could become a surprise.

Jacoby Jones: I don't expect him to replace Q. He's a good player. I see him more of being a rotational WO opposite of Torrey and getting the benefit of Smith's double coverage. I think he will put up better numbers than before.

Deonte Thompson, Laquan Williams, the other guy we signed from the Packers (forgot his name): I think one or all of these guys could go IR, get cut, or be active. It really depends. I think Thompson could very well make the roster. Not sure what happens here.

I think we will sign a vet WR, someone cheap. I can really see Mark Clayton. I doubt we target a big name like most speculate. I also expect us to take a WR very high.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1363097705' post='1388559']
I am in the minority here, but I have never before seen our future so bright. Never. Let me explain why I feel this move to rid ourselves of a heck of a WO is a great move.

Torrey Smith: a lot disagree with me here, and I have had discussions with some in PM even, but I believe Smith can be a #1. It's not based on skill, physical, but on mentality--attitude. He has a great attitude. He has the attitude to be great. Mark my words: he will be our #1. I have no doubts. Ray Lewis proved that with skill, talent, and heart--character--with the will to be great, anything is possible, even if you are small. Torrey believes in himself but also is never content with where he is. That is why I believe he will soon be in discussions with the best in the league. I think he will be nominated to his first Pro Bowl this year.

Tandon Doss: people are polarized here. But I like what I see. Doss is a good player who needs a chance. He needs reps. Mark my words: he will start off slow but will explode very quickly.

Tommy Streeter: I expect him to make the roster, and have an impact. I don't see him being some monster, but I think he will have a decent impact. I see him being similar to Tandon last year.

David Reed: I like what I see from him. He will make the roster. I think he will be used as well, possibly where Boldin was. I think he can be effective there, and could become a surprise.

Jacoby Jones: I don't expect him to replace Q. He's a good player. I see him more of being a rotational WO opposite of Torrey and getting the benefit of Smith's double coverage. I think he will put up better numbers than before.

Deonte Thompson, Laquan Williams, the other guy we signed from the Packers (forgot his name): I think one or all of these guys could go IR, get cut, or be active. It really depends. I think Thompson could very well make the roster. Not sure what happens here.

I think we will sign a vet WR, someone cheap. I can really see Mark Clayton. I doubt we target a big name like most speculate. I also expect us to take a WR very high.
[/quote]

I don't see us taking a WR high in the draft. We have defensive needs and the end of season presser made it clear that is where the focus will be. We have a plethora of WRs on the roster now. We just inked David Reed. I believe we'll go defensively for the most part in the draft.

People are panicking again with the Boldin trade. My main concern right now is the low 2nd round tender on Pitta. I really hope some team doesn't make him an offer we can't match. I can see it happening.

Well, at least we know they won't be able to call us "old" next season!

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1363098105' post='1388571']

I don't see us taking a WR high in the draft. We have defensive needs and the end of season presser made it clear that is where the focus will be. We have a plethora of WRs on the roster now. We just inked David Reed. I believe we'll go defensively for the most part in the draft.

People are panicking again with the Boldin trade. My main concern right now is the low 2nd round tender on Pitta. I really hope some team doesn't make him an offer we can't match. I can see it happening.

Well, at least we know they won't be able to call us "old" next season!
[/quote]
Let's not have selective hearing. I like you, you make good points, but you're being extremely ignorant here. Ozzie said the middle of the defense was important, but he also said he wouldn't hesitate to take a WR if a great one was there. I honestly believe one will be. I believe it more than I believed anything. I really want Arthur Brown, but I think we might take a WR with our first pick, and I think I know who. I see us getting 1/3 WRs I have in mind.

I would prefer taking a WO in the 2nd. Honestly.

Also, I do not see Pitta going anywhere. He is fine. Don't buy into that fear.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1363099225' post='1388636']
Let's not have selective hearing. I like you, you make good points, but you're being extremely ignorant here. Ozzie said the middle of the defense was important, but he also said he wouldn't hesitate to take a WR if a great one was there. I honestly believe one will be. I believe it more than I believed anything. I really want Arthur Brown, but I think we might take a WR with our first pick, and I think I know who. I see us getting 1/3 WRs I have in mind.

I would prefer taking a WO in the 2nd. Honestly.

Also, I do not see Pitta going anywhere. He is fine. Don't buy into that fear.
[/quote]

I'm not saying we won't take any offensive players in the draft. When I hear high draft pick, given we are always picking near the end, and this season at the end, of the first round, I think a first round pick. Given the fact that a 2nd round pick for us is in all reality a 3rd rounder. If that makes sense lol

There are some WR prospects in the draft I'd like to see here. My fav will go too high for us I'm sure. In all honesty, I'd rather see us draft a WR than latch on to yet another low cost FA. I just think we have so many WRs on the roster currently and we really need an LT and NT.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1363099465' post='1388655']

I'm not saying we won't take any offensive players in the draft. When I hear high draft pick, given we are always picking near the end, and this season at the end, of the first round, I think a first round pick. Given the fact that a 2nd round pick for us is in all reality a 3rd rounder. If that makes sense lol

There are some WR prospects in the draft I'd like to see here. My fav will go too high for us I'm sure. In all honesty, I'd rather see us draft a WR than latch on to yet another low cost FA. I just think we have so many WRs on the roster currently and we really need an LT and NT.
[/quote]
I can see Patterson, Austin, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins or Woods all available with our 32nd pick. I would not be mad with those picks depending on who is gone.

[/quote]and then Deonte Thompson. I think this guy will be a stud.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1363099632' post='1388665']
I can see Patterson, Austin, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins or Woods all available with our 32nd pick. I would not be mad with those picks depending on who is gone.
[/quote]

Austin is my fav but I have a feeling he will go before #32. I hope I'm wrong and we nab him. Patterson I like as well.

I hate watching beloved players leave but I'm getting excited about next season. Can't wait to see what the young blood will bring to our team.

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1363060475' post='1387928']
Torrey Smith
Tavon Austin
Jacoby Jones
Tandon Doss

[/quote]

I love Austin's game, he reminds me of a Percy Harvin, he could help out ANY wide out core.

But I don't see him being on the board that late in the first round, if so I don't see us using our first round pick on a slot receiver.

I think our first pick will either either be a DE or an OT

I don't think Tavon Austin will get past the Vikings. I'm almost positive actually.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1363104677' post='1388825']
I don't think Tavon Austin will get past the Vikings. I'm almost positive actually.
[/quote]
Neither do I, but you never know what direction they go. Patterson could last until their pick and they go that way. Maybe they take Hunter or Allen. It is really hard to get a pulse on who is the #1 prospect in some of these position pools. It's not like before. That's why I could see any of them there at 32. I think a good one makes it to us, though. I do agree with the sentiment of Austin to the Vikings.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1363104872' post='1388830']
Neither do I, but you never know what direction they go. Patterson could last until their pick and they go that way. Maybe they take Hunter or Allen. It is really hard to get a pulse on who is the #1 prospect in some of these position pools. It's not like before. That's why I could see any of them there at 32. I think a good one makes it to us, though. I do agree with the sentiment of Austin to the Vikings.
[/quote]
I was thinking what if they draft two WR's in the first? I don't know if that would be smart or not lol, but I can't name 1 WR on their roster. Mike Jenkins?

Anyway I don't think Joe's new go to guy will come in the first round of the draft.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1363105293' post='1388840']

I was thinking what if they draft two WR's in the first? I don't know if that would be smart or not lol, but I can't name 1 WR on their roster. Mike Jenkins?

Anyway I don't think Joe's new go to guy will come in the first round of the draft.
[/quote]
They sure could, but they could also go OT, G, CB, or FS. Even could go DE.

I wish at least just one receiver we drafted the last few years actually panned out and was as tough as Boldin. Need someone to grow old with Joe, kind of hard to get on the same page when you only have a receiver 2 to 3 years. I hate giving Joe any extra credit but he needs his own Marvin Harrison/Wes Welker to have there year in and year out.

Flacco's receivers who have left town:

2008, Daniel Wilcox: 0 Years, 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TD
2008-2009, Mark Clayton: 2 Years, 26 Rec, 336 Yards, 2 TD
2008-2009, Demetrius Williams: 1 Year, 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TD
2009, Kelly Washington: 1 Year, 13 Rec, 173 Yards, 1 TD
2009, L.J Smith: 0 Years, 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TD
2008-2010, Derrick Mason: 1 Year, 19 Rec, 170 Yards, 0 TD
2008-2010, Todd Heap: 2 Years, 32 Rec, 377 Yards, 1 TD
2010, T.J. Houshmandzadeh: 1 Year, 11 Rec, 146 Yards, 1 TD
2010, Donte Stallworth: 2 Years, 23 Rec, 372 Yards, 3 TD
2010-2012, Anquan Boldin: 0 Years, 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TD
2011, Lee Evans: 0 Years, 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TD

The only guys he has had for 3 years were Boldin, Mason, and Heap. He has never had a receiver for 4 years.

What have these guys done since leaving the Ravens?

25 player-seasons have passed, but they have played in only 10 seasons, for a total of 124 Receptions, 1574 Yards, 8 Touchdowns.

That would be a pretty decent year for Calvin Johnson, but for 7 players combined over 10 seasons, that's an average of 12.4 Receptions, 157.4 Yards, and 0.8 TDs per season played, and it ain't good.

These players have contributed next to nothing to the NFL since leaving the Ravens. These are the receivers Flacco has had to work with in his career... players who had little to offer once leaving the team, and players he only had for a year or two on average. He had these guys for a total of 19 player-seasons, out of 11 players, that's just 1.7 seasons per receiver on average.

Besides these guys, he's also got the following players who are still with the team:

2010-2012, David Reed: 3 Years, 5 Rec, 66 Yards, 0 TD
2011-2012, Tandon Doss: 2 Years, 7 Rec, 123 Yards, 1 TD
2011-2012, Laquan Williams: 2 Years, 4 Rec, 46 Yards, 0 TD
2012, Deonte Thompson: 1 Year, 5 Rec, 51 Yards, 0 TD

Between them, that's 8 player-seasons, and only 21 catches for 286 yards and 1 TD. That's an average per season of 2.6 catches for 25.8 yards and 0.1 touchdowns. Doss didn't catch a pass his first year, Reed didn't catch a pass his first 2 years, Williams only caught 4 his first year, and none this year, Thompson only caught 5 in his one year.

Honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable even counting these guys towards the list of receivers Flacco has experience with, because they didn't really have much or anything to do with the offense during their entire times here so far. So that brings us to the list of players that Flacco will have next year who he has really had any experience with in the past:

2010-2012, Dennis Pitta: 3 Years, 102 Rec, 1075 Yards, 10 TD
2010-2012, Ed Dickson: 3 Years, 86 Rec, 905 Yards, 6 TD
2011-2012, Torrey Smith: 2 Years, 99 Rec, 1696 Yards, 15 TD
2012, Jacoby Jones: 1 Year, 30 Rec, 406 Yards, 1 TD

Dickson and Pitta only caught a combined 12 passes for 153 yards in their first years, so I'll only give them credit for 2 years of really being part of this offense. So going into this year, it's really only fair to say that Flacco has had 2 years of experience with any of his receivers.

But in their combined 9 seasons here, they have collaborated to provide 317 catches for 4082 yards and 32 touchdowns, which averages out to 35.2 catches, 454 yards, and 3.6 TDs per season.

For comparison, Brady's top receivers since 2010, who he still has for 2013, are:

2002-2005,2010-2012, Deion Branch: 3 Years, 115 Rec, 1553 Yards, 10 TD
2007-2012, Wes Welker: 3 Years, 326 Rec, 3771 Yards, 22 TD
2010-2012, Aaron Hernandez: 3 Years, 175 Rec, 1956 Yards, 18 TD
2010-2012, Rob Gronkowski: 3 Years, 187 Rec, 2663 Yards, 38 TD
2012, Brandon Lloyd: 1 Year, 74 Rec, 911 Yards, 4 TD

He is going into at least his 4th consecutive year with 4 out of these 5 guys, and Deion Branch and Wes Welker have even more years of familiarity with Brady than that. That's compared to Flacco who has never (and still won't next year) had 4 years with any receiver. In 2011, the ONLY receiver that Flacco ever had any real experience with was Anquan Boldin at 1 year of familiarity.

Not only is Brady familiar with these 5 guys, but compare their years since 2010 to what Flacco's 4 guys next year who he will have some familiarty with have done in that time:

They have a combined 13 seasons with Brady (average of 2.6 per player, whereas Flacco's 4 guys have an average of 2.25 per player, but *really* only 1.75 seasons per player since Dickson & Pitta weren't really contributing during their first year, whereas all 5 of those guys contributed significantly from the start for Brady) and in that time have recorded 877 catches for 10854 yards and 92 touchdowns.

That's an average per player-season of 67.5 catches, 835 yards, and 7.1 touchdowns. That means Brady will be going into next season with 5 receivers who each average about TWICE the production of what each of Flacco's 4 receivers have averaged.

This is an under-rated factor in Flacco's performance. He doesn't get the luxury of always having familiar weapons who contribute a lot. There is a revolving door of receivers that Flacco has to work with, and the ones that go away typically show after they've left that they didn't have anything left in the tank anyway. So Flacco has had a history of working with untalented and/or washed up receivers that switch out on a nearly annual basis.

Hopefully this tune will change with guys like Pitta and Torrey Smith staying here a while. They will reach that 3rd year in 2013, and all signs look good they'll be the first ones to stick around for a fourth year in 2014.

How funny would it be to see some team give up a 2nd rounder for pitta. It would be a cherry on top to this great off-season, losing joes 2 favorite targets, with pitta and boldin.. Losing all the young talent on D, kruger and el, Ozzie is taking some serious PR hits this last 72 hours.

[quote name='JoeCool#5' timestamp='1363127679' post='1390246']
How funny would it be to see some team give up a 2nd rounder for pitta. It would be a cherry on top to this great off-season, losing joes 2 favorite targets, with pitta and boldin.. [b]Losing all the young talent on D, kruger and el, Ozzie is taking some serious PR hits this last 72 hours.[/b]
[/quote]

Kruger and Ellerbe weren't the only talented young players on defense. He and the rest of the front office have taken "PR hits" before. Thankfully, there are several thousand hours between now and the start of next season.

[b]admartian troll time:[/b]
What targets? Torrey, Jacoby and Ray Rice. will be triple covered leaving <INSERT NEWLY TOUTED UDFA/LOW-TIER FREE AGENT ANOINTED SAVIOUR BY RAVENS FANS HERE>

So what was the point of trading Boldin again?