Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon22

My Desired Free Agent Signings

30 posts in this topic

I hope we sign some or all of them to fill these holes

[b]Max Starks, LT, Steelers[/b]
[b]Connor Barwin, OLB, Texans[/b]
[b]Dan Koppen, Center, Broncos[/b]

some that could come in cheap and possibly do wonders leave your free agents here that you think we can afford and see if we could bring[b] Andre Smith[/b] from cincy to play left tackle and hope we could [b]possibly[/b] get him for cheap

[quote name='Brandon22' timestamp='1362938519' post='1383927']

some that could come in cheap and possibly do wonders leave your free agents here that you think we can afford and see if we could bring[b] Andre Smith[/b] from cincy to play left tackle and hope we could [b]possibly[/b] get him for cheap
[/quote]

Andre Smith is not coming here, he's going to get around 9 mill at minimum. And he's a right tackle.

[quote name='melvinmelon123' timestamp='1362939111' post='1383938']
Andre Smith is not coming here, he's going to get around 9 mill at minimum. And he's a right tackle.
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1362949244' post='1384129']
Not trying to humor him, but I wouldn't mind Barwin.
[/quote]

I don't like the guy.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1362949706' post='1384140']
I don't like the guy.
[/quote]

How come? I think he'd make a good replacement for Kruger. They're pretty similar players.

Lol I'm just wondering the reaction of the fans (me included) if oz signed a 34 year old James Harrison to one of those notorious ravens value deals that we see every year with vets. I don't see how I could like the guy when I've hated him for so long.

Starks, Koppen, Barwin. Those are fair suggestions. Starks should come cheap. Koppen might be pricey, I am not sure there; same for Barwin. Both those players could go high or low. We won't splurge on a center when we just drafted Gino. We will get someone. I like the idea of bringing back Brown. He's been out of football a year. If he's in shape, hey, why not. He should be cheap.

Barwin, he's interesting. He could be expensive but I think he could get a cheap deal. With that said, I would rather seek Abraham before Barwin. I think Abraham is more talented and will be about the same price or possibly less. He also won't cost us a comp pick.

As for your Andre Smith lovefest, no. Brandon, he's a RT. He also wants 9M a year. We do not have that kind of money. It's not happening. Wake up.

Max Starks is a decent player and won't be expensive.

Gwanouttadat for your suggestion of Andre Smith and how are you going to get him for cheap? He was a high draft pick and he plays right tackle. It's not a need, it's too much money and can you even trust his work ethic after he signs a big deal?

[quote name='Brandon22' timestamp='1362938519' post='1383927']

[/quote]
I want to resign McKinnie first. That Oline playoff combo was gold.

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1362949956' post='1384145']
How come? I think he'd make a good replacement for Kruger. They're pretty similar players.
[/quote]

Kruger is a good pass rusher, Barwin isn't, Barwin is an elite athlete, Kruger isn't. They're not similar.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1362962242' post='1384481']
I want to resign McKinnie first. That Oline playoff combo was gold.
[/quote]

I'm not seeing how this isn't priority numero uno after how the OL played during the playoffs..

Is there any chance at all we end up getting Darrelle Revis? Lol I'm not sure what the cap situation is exactly but I think if we ended up in a scenerio with him, that could be awesome even without Ellerbe or Reed. If we could find some talent in the draft, I see a young and powerful defense now with 2 of the top corners in the nfl.

[quote name='EyebrowsDown' timestamp='1362980692' post='1384860']
Is there any chance at all we end up getting Darrelle Revis? Lol I'm not sure what the cap situation is exactly but I think if we ended up in a scenerio with him, that could be awesome even without Ellerbe or Reed. If we could find some talent in the draft, I see a young and powerful defense now with 2 of the top corners in the nfl.
[/quote]

No, no chance at all. We would have to give up a good amount of draft picks, and then he would want a big contract too.

Just don't be surprised if we sit out through the first wave of free agents. Oz is notorious for this because this is when guys tend to get overpaid. Then Oz will work to fill the voids with guys left on the market and sign them to a smaller contract. Genius.

With that said I wouldn't mind a WR like Hixon or Gibson...maybe even Danario Alexander since the Chargers neglected to tender a draft pick to his RFA offer. There are quite a few DT's on the market as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see one picked up either.

[quote name='RobFuseRaven' timestamp='1363007764' post='1384941']
Any chance we get Takeo Spikes for a cheap price?
[/quote]no. Don't want him at all, he's never ever made the playoffs, I don't want that. And I'm not supersitiious either

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1363007980' post='1384943']
no. Don't want him at all, he's never ever made the playoffs, I don't want that. And I'm not supersitiious either
[/quote]

o.O A lot of people we've signed never made the playoffs. I don't think that has anything to do with it. The guy is still built for 36. It wouldn't hurt anything to sign him because I'm sure there won't be a big market for him.

I want a LT. Big Mac, Bushrod, doesn't matter. I don't want Oher ever being on Joes left side... Not even in the hall way

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1363012452' post='1384995']
BloodRaven made his point. You didn't have to bring this up.....
[/quote]

'Twas a joke? Touchy, touchy.

[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1363015837' post='1385074']

'Twas a joke? Touchy, touchy.
[/quote]

It wasn't funny and don't do that again.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1363017286' post='1385113']
It wasn't funny and don't do that again.
[/quote]

:landry:

Honestly I'd prefer it if we spent all our money on draftees and UDFA's this year. It's such a deep draft at just about every position other than QB...I like those odds.