1399 replies to this topic

#341 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Extension would still equal a paycut, which Boldin seems unwilling to accept.

I'm wondering if that's what he's really holding out for. Maybe he feels he still has 2-3 years in him and still doesn't want to relocate.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#342 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,312 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'm wondering if that's what he's really holding out for. Maybe he feels he still has 2-3 years in him and still doesn't want to relocate.

I assume it's possible, but if he does get extended it will be with the knowledge he will have a decreased role over the next couple years.

@gabefergy

#343 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

According to Aaron Wilson, Ravens asked Boldin to take a 2M pay cut. Pretty reasonable for a guy who has underperformed his contract for the majority of 3 seasons.

Well while he has under performed, I put some of that blame on Cam, I mean look at what he was able to do with Caldwell. Look what he did in Arizona, so Cam was the reason Boldin under performed. For someone who says it's not about the money, he really is sounding like a hypocrite not taking a fair pay cut of 2M.

Of course there are rumors that all this talk is Boldin's agent TRYING to get Anquan cut to test the market.

#344 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,312 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Well while he has under performed, I put some of that blame on Cam, I mean look at what he was able to do with Caldwell. Look what he did in Arizona, so Cam was the reason Boldin under performed. For someone who says it's not about the money, he really is sounding like a hypocrite not taking a fair pay cut of 2M.

Of course there are rumors that all this talk is Boldin's agent TRYING to get Anquan cut to test the market.

Yeah, I didnt really believe the whole retiring thing, but I doubt anyone overpays for him. He can still make plays and Cam was certainly part of the problem, but his physical skills have diminished too. He really struggles to gain separation.

@gabefergy

#345 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yes. Yes, quite a few thought/think a restructuring was/is going to be made. Gonna be funny when it does happen and then I come back and read this post ;)

It's also funny considering how just a few days ago, many people here wanted us to just restructure/reduce everyone's contracts from Ngata down.

#346 reediddy

reediddy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, I didnt really believe the whole retiring thing, but I doubt anyone overpays for him. He can still make plays and Cam was certainly part of the problem, but his physical skills have diminished too. He really struggles to gain separation.

Think Min would be interested in him? I mean, a capable WR specializing in intermediate routes, in theory that would work nicely with Ponder who is unable to throw past 15 yards anyway. I'm sure Oz could work out something with Min to get their disgruntled receiver in our purple...

410 to 858

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2012-13

63W + 11TD + 0INT + 1SB + 1SBMVP = ELITE

#347 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Does anyone know who Anquan's agent is? The fact that Boldin had no idea about being asked about taking a pay cut tells me his agent may not be relying this info back to Anquan and letting him know what's going on. So the rumors may be right, his agent be trying to force us to cut Anquan.

I bet if Ozzie asked Anquan himself about a 2M pay cut, Boldin would have no problem with it but his agent just isn't cooperating with us.

#348 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

According to Aaron Wilson, Ravens asked Boldin to take a 2M pay cut. Pretty reasonable for a guy who has underperformed his contract for the majority of 3 seasons.

yup sadly this is true. He's been incredibly consistent but has never lead the team in TDs or even broken 1000 yard mark.

#349 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Flacco Backs Boldin's stand http://espn.go.com/n...n-stand-pay-cut
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#350 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

another report about Flacco backing Boldin's stand, per nfl.com http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

Edited by Raven07, 10 March 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#351 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

This kind of annoys me. Love Joe, but maybe if he takes a lower salary we could keep Boldin

Joe is making $6.8 million this year. Keeping Boldin or not has nothing to do with Flacco's deal.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#352 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Boldin shouldn't take a pay cut and when looking at how he underperformed in his 3 years being here, that was under Cam which we all agree didn't play to the strengths of our players, especially Boldin ( no slant's, drag's, etc.... ).

#353 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,630 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Joe is making $6.8 million this year. Keeping Boldin or not has nothing to do with Flacco's deal.

you right

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#354 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

This kind of annoys me. Love Joe, but maybe if he takes a lower salary we could keep Boldin

LOL! This is the reason i stay off here in the offseason. His $6.8M cap hit is the reason we won't be able to keep Boldin? Alright then.

Edited by bauer77, 10 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#355 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,630 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

LOL! This is the reason i stay off here in the offseason. His $6.8M cap hit is the reason we won't be able to keep Boldin? Alright then.

I already said I was wrong simmer down

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#356 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I already said I was wrong simmer down

I was typing mine up when rmw10 must have posted his. My bad.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#357 djthiem

djthiem

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

you CANNOT cut the only person who can catch Flacco's lousy throws. sure Flacco can make good throws but he certainly not consistant. Bouldin is the one who makes Flacco look good. you must be nuts if you let him go. already without Ray, don't screw this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#358 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

you CANNOT cut the only person who can catch Flacco's lousy throws. sure Flacco can make good throws but he certainly not consistant. Bouldin is the one who makes Flacco look good. you must be nuts if you let him go. already without Ray, don't screw this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....just get out. What about Pitta, smith, and jones. Flacco throws the nicest spiral in the NFL. To say most of his throws are lousy is just idiotic.

Edited by Cville-Raven, 10 March 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#359 melvinmelon123

melvinmelon123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Sports news is almost unreadable right now. Everywhere I turn people, who are uninformed, blame Flacco's contract on every single thing that happens. Heck, I'm sure there were a few who blamed Flacco for Harrison being cut, because that seems to be the level of knowledge they have.

#360 MrPlankton

MrPlankton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Sports news is almost unreadable right now. Everywhere I turn people, who are uninformed, blame Flacco's contract on every single thing that happens. Heck, I'm sure there were a few who blamed Flacco for Harrison being cut, because that seems to be the level of knowledge they have.

There's no point in trying to defend Flacco (not saying I don't support him or anything) because the people who dislike him (and that seems to be pretty much everyone) have already made up their minds about him regardless of what he has/can accomplish. Hell, I saw people getting mad about his decision to go to McDonalds after signing the contract.

Edited by MrPlankton, 10 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users