#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Deleted original thread content.

Well it looks like Boldin has been traded to the 49ers for a 6th round pick. Chump change in my opinion. I'm surprised he wasn't offered an extension. I can see this one biting us in the butt.

It saves a lot of cap room but we just completely disrespected a veteran player.

Edited by dhstandard, 11 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#2 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

He's playing because if he retired he be bored.

#3 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

This is a good thing. Maybe he signs a cap friendly extension. We need him next year!

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#4 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

"I'm not chasing a championship" is a bit discouraging. Nothing tops your first ring, but who wouldn't be thirsty for two? Is he not motivated?

#5 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

"I'm not chasing a championship" is a bit discouraging. Nothing tops your first ring, but who wouldn't be thirsty for two? Is he not motivated?

I think the word "chasing" is important. I'm sure most guys are satisfied after they're first ring when they get it at the end of their careers like Bobbie Williams. A guy like Torrey Smith who got it so early is probably looking for multiple rings but Boldin has been wanting this for so many years. He lost in a Super Bowl and being that close probably made the hunger grow.

He probably wants another one but is satisfied with the one that has eluded him his entire career.

Edited by dhstandard, 09 March 2013 - 09:09 AM.

2yno6dx.png

#6 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Well, I guess we'll find out just how true that statement is very soon.
http://profootballta...before-tuesday/

#7 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,290 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

We should sign him to a 2 or 3 year extension and give him a $4-6M signing bonus with a minimum base salary, that way his cap number would drop to 2 or 3 million dollars. Everyone wins.

Bring back Q!!!

2550rra.jpg

#8 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

isn't this like a slap in the face though if he wasn't on the team would we have won? No we would not have won .there are players who ride the bench do nothing and still they are on the roster. not turning this into a rant but wow . It's mind boggling that this is even happening.

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#9 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

I have been told it's business not personal. well personally i think this is a bad decision . i could sit and list at least ten players who can go so this doesn't happen .

#10 RavenzAllDay

RavenzAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Just rumours, but this is a horrible decision if true. Read on twitter thay we were very close to releasing Boldin yesterday and very much expected to release him unless something very drastic happens!
Follow me on twitter @ShawnPriestman!!

#11 adam713

adam713

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I can't believe that we are really thinking about releasing him. IMO, he doesn't deserve to be asked to take a cut either.

Here are the must-have qualities he brings:
1) Locker room leadership: Losing Ray Lewis and Birk will take a toll on that 'motivating' factor. We need Boldin to continue to bring his.

2) Flacco's guy: We just paid our QB...why would we take away his most reliable target?

3) Veteran leadership to the WRs: We're going to bring in some in draft and maybe FA. We need Boldin as a mentor.

4) HE CAN STILL PLAY VERY WELL!

#12 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,166 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

It just doesnt make sense to risk 5 years of Danelle Ellerbe to hold onto Anquin Boldin for one Season.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#13 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

We need Boldin, imo.

The comments on that PFT article are so dumb by the way, people will find any reason to blame this on Flacco, as if his cap his is preventing the Ravens from signing anyone

#14 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

isn't this like a slap in the face though if he wasn't on the team would we have won? No we would not have won .there are players who ride the bench do nothing and still they are on the roster. not turning this into a rant but wow . It's mind boggling that this is even happening.

No it is not a slap in the face. We have a salary cap and cannot afford to pay him. It is as simple as that. Bench riders don't carry a 7 million dollar cap number. If they did, they would be cut.

#15 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Torrey is not good enough to be a #1 and Jacoby, as Houston learned, is not good enough to be a #2. Keeping Boldin is paramount.

#16 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

I hope they don't release the guy. Some of those catches and TDs where he had a defenders arm between his and the football were spectacular, every WR can't do that.

Boldin is a leader, very vocal, and very physical. He was critical in our run to the Super Bowl. He's a Raven. I hope he resigns to a smaller deal. Blah!

#17 pep_meister

pep_meister

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Mind blowing.... boldin. If we can't afford Ellerbe then so be it. Its ashame but he's chasing the money it seems. I'd rather draft a mlb 1st rd and let whomever get game expirrence In 2014... ooh and I think Chris Gamble would look good in a ravens uniform. Just sayn

#RAVENSNATION

- ROOTING FOR WILL HILL SINCE 7/25/14-

#18 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Mind blowing.... boldin. If we can't afford Ellerbe then so be it. Its ashame but he's chasing the money it seems. I'd rather draft a mlb 1st rd and let whomever get game expirrence In 2014... ooh and I think Chris Gamble would look good in a ravens uniform. Just sayn

Unfortunately it's not a "so be it" situation...we have zero depth at MLB.

#19 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Probably is killing him that after all that effort he put on field, his only reward is either getting cut/paycut.

#20 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Ravens were so close to Cutting Boldin Friday night, so close that Boldin even wrote a statement thanking the organization for everything the past couple of years, now the Ravens appear hopeful to work something out with Q and have asked him to take a pay Cut http://www.baltimore...43-b543b4d8d47b
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users