17 replies to this topic

#1 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

All talks seemed to be focused on the top guys, as they should be. However, what about those lower-level guys that could come back on cheap, 1-year deals. Anybody here that should be strongly considered to return?

1. Billy Bajema (TE) - A pure blocking TE. Does he offer anything more than a late round draft pick would?

2. Sean Considine (S) - Considine seemed to forget what football was in the preseason, but ran the punt team well as the season went along. Do we sign him to keep that veteran depth on ST?

3. James Ihedigbo (S) - Ihedigbo got some time in in place of Pollard this year and played Ravens football. Are we comfortable with our safety depth or should Ihedigbo be closer to the priority list?

4. Chris Johnson (CB) - Chris Johnson has been on the Ravens' radar for awhile. At times he played very well, and other times, not so much. Do we get him on a minimum contract since Cary is likely gone?

5. Ma'ake Kemoeatu (NT) - Kemo played pretty poorly all year. Do the Ravens want him back in a backup role?

6. Ryan McBean (DT/DE) - McBean spent the year on IR, but played really well prior to his injury. Do we re-sign him to compete once again at the vet minimum?

Edited by rmw10, 28 February 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#2 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Bajema does contribute allot but goes unnoticed . Considine and Ihedigbo esp if ed reed is not coming back .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#3 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I want Ihedible back.

#4 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Billy Bajema (TE) - I'd have no problem with bringing him back. At least he'd be cheap.

Sean Considine (S) - I'm not a big fan, but he did a decent job on special teams. Except for that one time he slipped on the fake punt, that made me mad.

James Ihedigbo (S) - I loved the way he played this year. I definitely hope we bring him back, and luckily I think he'd be cheapish.

Chris Johnson (CB) - I didn't really see a whole lot out of him this year. I think the Ravens will probably bring him back just to compete for a spot in training camp.

Ma'ake Kemoeatu (NT) - This guy is a bum. I got so sick of seeing him get blown five yards off the ball every single play, no matter whether it was a run or a pass. I want nothing to do with him.

Ryan McBean (DT/DE) - I hope we bring him back. I have a feeling he'd be a solid contributor, especially against the run, which is an area we need help in.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#5 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

All talks seemed to be focused on the top guys, as they should be. However, what about those lower-level guys that could come back on cheap, 1-year deals. Anybody here that should be strongly considered to return?

1. Billy Bajema (TE) - A pure blocking TE. Does he offer anything more than a late round draft pick would?
Good blocking TE and ST player. Not sure on contract levels but I'd assume he'll be replaced by a young blocking TE. Have no issues with him staying though.

2. Sean Considine (S) - Considine seemed to forget what football was in the preseason, but ran the punt team well as the season went along. Do we sign him to keep that veteran depth on ST?
I think he'll be let go, but it also depends on Ayenbadejo. Between Graham and B.A we have enough ST leaders and Considine offers nothing outside of ST. Ihedigbo is the backup S I'd be keeping

3. James Ihedigbo (S) - Ihedigbo got some time in in place of Pollard this year and played Ravens football. Are we comfortable with our safety depth or should Ihedigbo be closer to the priority list?
Assuming Ed is back, our backup S should be Thompson and Ihedigbo with Considine released.

4. Chris Johnson (CB) - Chris Johnson has been on the Ravens' radar for awhile. At times he played very well, and other times, not so much. Do we get him on a minimum contract since Cary is likely gone?
Big FF his first game but Johnson will be released. He was a veteran stopgap CB. Happy for him he was able to come to an organization he wanted to play for and was able to get a ring in the deal too.

5. Ma'ake Kemoeatu (NT) - Kemo played pretty poorly all year. Do the Ravens want him back in a backup role?
This one is tricky and really depends on the upcoming draft. The FO will keep Cody no matter what simply based on age. Kemo actually played significantly better in the playoffs than some give him credit for.If we take someone early Kemo likely is gone. He was a pretty awesome story this year though, comes back from being 400 pounds to his original team that he left in 2005 and reunited with some old war horses on defense helps win a championship? Good story right there.
6. Ryan McBean (DT/DE) - McBean spent the year on IR, but played really well prior to his injury. Do we re-sign him to compete once again at the vet minimum?
I was actually really happy with this signing. He was the guy that was coming in to replace Redding and I think it showed with how the Dline was pushed around early when Cody was awful the first 8 weeks and Jones was thrust into a starting role before he came on. Unfortunately he broke his ankle and likely will be let go with the advent of Jones and Tyson.

Edited by Bltravens, 28 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'd like to resign McBean. That's pretty much it.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

McBean is the guy imo. I think he wwould have brought much more of a stable presence at DT last year. Losing him forced guys like Art and Mcphee to see larger roles then anticipated. Art stepped up a lot and even Mcphee came on strong at the end but having McBean in that rotation will be a huge plus.

I'd rather see guys like Cook, Thompson and Omar compete for that backup safety/ST role over considine. Ihedigbo is a under the radar leader imo. He's one of those guys that bounced around the league but seems to have found a home in Baltimore. I really like him and think he'll return.

The NT position needs to be upgraded. I'm not ready to give up on Cody just yet. I think he'll see Harbs' doghouse this offseason and have to work his way out. That'll, make him better. However, he'll still need a guy to rotate with and maybe even take over long term. Kemo isn't that guy. Brandon Willliams is that guy, but I'm save that for a draft topic.

Billy might return, but I expect the Ravens to either draft or sign a HB/TE type. This guy will be the 3rd TE and groomed to take over for Leach eventually.

Posted Image

#8 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

I liked Ihedgibo. He played well for us, great role player and added depth if Reed walks.

#9 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I want Ihedigbo, Bajema, and McBean.

I want solid safety depth. Ihedigbo provides that. Reed is getting up there so I'd like to keep this guy.

Bajema will be cheap and he's a really good back-up/blocking tight end. He can also serve as a quality fullback when Leach is out.

McBean, I am kind of iffy on. On one hand, he could stabilize our line. On the other, McPhee, Jones, and Tyson really pulled it together towards the end. Why slow their development? Jones played really well at times, and he has earned a starting job.

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ihedigbo and bajema. i agree with The Raven about Mcphee, Jones and Tyson. Mcphee really played exceptional in the afc championship game .

#11 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

McPhee will have a break out year. People seem to forget he was injured moat the season. I think moat of the people on the list are let go and replaced with picks or udfa. With all the bodies you can bring to camp now and the practice squad I think those names shouldn't be so difficult to replace.

#12 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

I want Ihedigbo, Bajema, and McBean.

I want solid safety depth. Ihedigbo provides that. Reed is getting up there so I'd like to keep this guy.

Bajema will be cheap and he's a really good back-up/blocking tight end. He can also serve as a quality fullback when Leach is out.

McBean, I am kind of iffy on. On one hand, he could stabilize our line. On the other, McPhee, Jones, and Tyson really pulled it together towards the end. Why slow their development? Jones played really well at times, and he has earned a starting job.

It wouldn't be slowing their development imo. Competition is great for this team right now. 2012 ended great, but they gotta be honest with themselves and say that for the most part the Dline performance wasn't good enough.

I think there is really good talent and strong potential, but they need to be pushed. I think McBean would really push Art for the starting 5, but overall that would be a strong rotation imo.

Mcphee should continue to be more of a pass rush guy. I'm sure he'll develop more of a overall game, but he could be special getting after the QB. I would like to see Mcphee have a Kruger type role. More then just a role player, a guy who can really have a impact.

Tyson will probably have the same type rotational role as last year. I think he did well for a 7th round guy but nothing that would suggest he's in line for a larger role. But his development shouldn't be hurt by McBean. I think he'll only help
Posted Image

#13 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

It wouldn't be slowing their development imo. Competition is great for this team right now. 2012 ended great, but they gotta be honest with themselves and say that for the most part the Dline performance wasn't good enough.

I think there is really good talent and strong potential, but they need to be pushed. I think McBean would really push Art for the starting 5, but overall that would be a strong rotation imo.

Mcphee should continue to be more of a pass rush guy. I'm sure he'll develop more of a overall game, but he could be special getting after the QB. I would like to see Mcphee have a Kruger type role. More then just a role player, a guy who can really have a impact.

Tyson will probably have the same type rotational role as last year. I think he did well for a 7th round guy but nothing that would suggest he's in line for a larger role. But his development shouldn't be hurt by McBean. I think he'll only help

Fair points. I like competition. I'm just saying, McBean is older. Why give him reps and valuable time that could benefit the younger guys?

#14 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Fair points. I like competition. I'm just saying, McBean is older. Why give him reps and valuable time that could benefit the younger guys?

I think McBean could really bring some extra to the Dline. He'll be 29, but he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear. I think he was just starting to find his way in the NFL after 5yrs. That 34 tackles and 4 sacks he had in 2011 would have been nice for the Ravens last year. I think Art is the star in the making, Mcphee should be more like his rookie year. So McBean would be a guy who subs and rotates, I don't think he would take many snaps away from those 2.

With Tyson you're gonna have guys come in and compete during camp anyway. So why not have a cheap veteran guy who has done a little to compete. I like what I saw from Tyson and if he outperforms McBean, then definitely give him the reps behind Art. However if he's not really ready to log major minutes, it'll be nice to have a guy like McBean.
Posted Image

#15 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Ihedigbo is underrated. He plays a lot like pollard.

#16 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

I would want Ihedigbo and McBean back. They should both come cheap, and are both good for depth.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#17 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Idhedibo & kemo

Only guys worth actually starting @ vet. Minimum. The rest are just blind 'what if'

#18 SideStep77

SideStep77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Ihedigbo, Bajema, and Kemo for me. They all provide good depth for positions that had a lot of injuries last season. Considine maybe as long as he comes super super cheap because he is a ST guy and we did have good ST this year for the most part.
#82 #15 Maryland Pride. Go Terps. Go Ravens.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users