103 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,570 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Suggs talks Pats, 49ers and Te'o. McKinnie to hit open market, Pats targeting free agents?

View the full article

#2 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I support Siz, haha we're champs we should be able to talk what we want, unlike SF. I used to think this could've been a respectable adversary, but the way they act... like a bunch of crybabies... little brother syndrome.

#3 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

And I wonder if the front office would be fine with the Oher-Reid/KO combo at tackles...

#4 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Suggs has a point about the combine not always being a good estimation of a players future. Te'O will have a good career in the NFL. However, the Ravens do have more important positions to address in the draft than MLB.
I don't think the team should or will panic just because they lost Lewis. A DT, a DE or safety would be much better picks at 32 and considering the depth of this years draft trading down might be an even better choice.

Edited by PolishRifle, 28 February 2013 - 09:45 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#5 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Technically, both the Palmer rule and the Brady rule are just additions to an older one that had been around for years. The original made it illegal to dive for a QB's lower legs. The Palmer rule made it illegal to hit a QB's lower legs unless you were blocked to the ground. The Brady rule made it illegal to hit a QB's lower legs even if you were blocked to the ground.

#6 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Gotta love Terrell, he surely speaks his mind! I think he is 100% right when talking about the Pats. And regarding his feud with Anthony Davis, all he has to do is show him 2 things, the Lombardi, and his new SB ring! I'm also sorry to see Big Mac probably go, but I guess it's time for all these young guys to step up and get the chance to shine.

#7 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

PolishRifle's avatar says all that needs to be said about the 49ers and their lack of respect. How are you gonna complain about not getting a hold called at the end of the game when just two weeks earlier you won the NFC Championship because the refs refused to call an absolutely blatant hold in the same situation?

#8 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I know its the offseason and news is slow. But the patriots have the same cap issue every team is facing. no way they have enough space to sign kruger, williams and reed .....I would like to see big mac come back if not then a lt in te draft i see nothing from Jah that looks like he is a good lt and oher is a rt and he should stay there. as for suggs when you walk the walk you can talk the talk.

#9 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I dunno how accurate it is that 31 teams hate the Patriots (though i wouldn't doubt it) but Sizzle is absolutely right about Brady's preferential treatment. Where was that rule when the Steelers took Palmer out in the playoffs that year? Then 3 years later, Brady is out for the season so they make a rule change. Suspicious at all?

Whenever someone needs to send a "string of tweets" based upon one remark that you made, you know that you've got to them mentally. Suggs didn't make any plays against you Davis because he was mostly lined up on Staley's side, letting Kruger beat you all game punk. And as far as being a "loser" before the NFL? Tell that to the man who still hold the record for most sacks in a season in NCAA history.

Edited by Corvus, 28 February 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#10 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

I didn't know Ray Lewis played in the same county as Al Bundy! I wonder if Ray ever heard about the time Al scored 4 touchdowns in one game? Legendary.

Suggs is great. It's like he says what I think.

Also, to whoever runs the website: Would it be possible to make the links open in new tabs? I mean, this is 2013. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I look at a twitpic and then accidentally close the window as opposed to coming back to the website. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but it would be something to look into.

#11 T-Phizzle

T-Phizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Does this mean Michael Oher and Kelechi Osemele are going our tackles next year? I don't know if the coaches know this yet, but Oher is one of the best RT in the league

#12 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why why why? Why, Terrell, would you waste your breath on a team that has not won anything of significant value in almost a decade? Please oh please, let the dead bury their own dead.
Then again, upon further review... go get em boy!!!

#13 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I dunno how accurate it is that 31 teams hate the Patriots (though i wouldn't doubt it) but Sizzle is absolutely right about Brady's preferential treatment. Where was that rule when the Steelers took Palmer out in the playoffs that year? Then 3 years later, Brady is out for the season so they make a rule change. Suspicious at all?

Google "Palmer Rule". Both it and the Brady rule are just modifications of an older rule.

#14 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Does this mean Michael Oher and Kelechi Osemele are going our tackles next year? I don't know if the coaches know this yet, but Oher is one of the best RT in the league

He'll be allowed to test the open market. The Ravens may or may not offer him a deal based on what he's offered by other teams. It'll be the same for everyone but Flacco, unless his deal gets done in the next three days.

#15 Claire

Claire

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Count those silly crybaby tweets as evidence of being a fake tough guy. Suggs was asked directly about each of those guys. He didn't say anything about Davis. Davis should have followed suit.

#16 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I think that we need to restructure Suggs and Ngata before we can make a serious run at any free agents.

#17 Derrel

Derrel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Suggs, keep your mouth shut. Have you made any plays lately??

#18 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

We got to resign Big Mac he was crucial in the playoffs I think he's a must sign. Suggs has a point about 31 other NFL clubs can't hateing the Pats but I wanna live in a world were the World can't stand the steelers that would be music to my ears Go Ravens.

#19 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

First things first, it makes sense for Bryant McKinnie to test his worth on the open market while the Ravens FO sorts out this Joe E-Lite thing! Smart move!

Wish Ben Grubbs would have given the FO a chance to match the Saint offer, but B-Mac should know his worth coming in to negotiations!

Now, if the Pats earnestly want Raven defenders, let them have Cary Williams!

Like they found with Adaleus Thomas, they will soon learn that he's not the same player away from our scheme and locker room!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 28 February 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#20 YankeeRaven

YankeeRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Ravens should try to get a deal done with McKinnie rather then Cary Williams no disrespect for Cary Williams, I would like to see him stay with Ravens, but as he want a giant amount of money and Ravens already have Flacco, Kruger and probably Ellerbe who can and will reguire money then why bother even think about a new deal for Williams?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users